Do we have to win the league this season?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:23 pm

lakes10 wrote:i fear this season, the team dont look ready, the players are mixed up some are unhappy, for some it might be their last chance to win the prem.

I dont think we have a team that can last a whole years football in the top 4.

what i also feel is that we could get very lucky and that the smaller teams seem to be getting better at turning over the top teams and i thonk if we just make sure we best all the teams outside the top 4 then we have a great chanbce to win the prem.

if we dont end up in to 2 them there is a need to change hoe the team is run, this year Rafa has been given a free run on how the team is set up and run, and what players he has, so far we have only got one player that is new to the club that i feel is a good buy, on the same not we have lost 2 good players.

things going slow at the takeover thread mate ?  :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:50 pm

aCe' wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i fear this season, the team dont look ready, the players are mixed up some are unhappy, for some it might be their last chance to win the prem.

I dont think we have a team that can last a whole years football in the top 4.

what i also feel is that we could get very lucky and that the smaller teams seem to be getting better at turning over the top teams and i thonk if we just make sure we best all the teams outside the top 4 then we have a great chanbce to win the prem.

if we dont end up in to 2 them there is a need to change hoe the team is run, this year Rafa has been given a free run on how the team is set up and run, and what players he has, so far we have only got one player that is new to the club that i feel is a good buy, on the same not we have lost 2 good players.

things going slow at the takeover thread mate ?  :D

lol yer just a bit  :D
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:55 pm

GYBS wrote:Simple answer - No we dont have to win the league - we have to challenge for it once again .

Simple question, for everyone. Do we have to win SOMETHING this season, or would it just be handy  ???
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Nope we have to challenge for the big ones - a win would be nice but would prefer a great challenge for the title and cl to a cup win and no challenge .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:59 pm

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:Simple answer - No we dont have to win the league - we have to challenge for it once again .

Simple question, for everyone. Do we have to win SOMETHING this season, or would it just be handy  ???

I already said we have to win the league and we will. We are a better team this year than last, the other teams are weaker, we will win.
heimdall

Postby Effes » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:01 pm

heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:

I already said we have to win the league and we will. We are a better team this year than last, the other teams are weaker, we will win.

Even after selling Xabi?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Effes wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Even after selling Xabi?

It's like one of them Westerns before the shootout where everyone starts hiding behind walls and stuff. Mind you, feck knows why they were all made out of wood anyway.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:12 pm

bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Even after selling Xabi?

It's like one of them Westerns before the shootout where everyone starts hiding behind walls and stuff. Mind you, feck knows why they were all made out of wood anyway.

Yea Mick, but while everyone has their hands hovering over their pistols - in walks GYBS with his scatter gun.  :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:17 pm

Don't joke with him mate he isn't in the mood today, I've already been told off twice :(
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Effes wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Even after selling Xabi?

Xabi was holding us back, now we can get an attacking midfielder which is more what we need, especially against the smaller teams. Also maybe Lucas can step up although I'm not too hopeful about that but then Kuyt surprised the hell out of me last season so maybe it's Lucas's turn this season.

I really think Xabi was a luxury we can and will live without. We can always drop Stevie back into midfield where he can do Xabi's job X 2 and then get a top notch strike partner for Nando.
heimdall

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 pm

heimdall wrote:I really think Xabi was a luxury we can and will live without. We can always drop Stevie back into midfield where he can do Xabi's job X 2 and then get a top notch strike partner for Nando.

Now I'm definately going to find myself a bunker.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:26 pm

bigmick wrote:
heimdall wrote:I really think Xabi was a luxury we can and will live without. We can always drop Stevie back into midfield where he can do Xabi's job X 2 and then get a top notch strike partner for Nando.

Now I'm definately going to find myself a bunker.

oh come on this will be fun, it always is, where's GYBS, he hasn't gone to bed already has he??
heimdall

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:42 pm

only me wrote:Realisticly was can't and we won't win ,The pre season turns out to be a real disappointment and offers little to no hope of repeating last season performance.

We had minor weaknesses which needed immediate action but almost nothing has been done ,our RB/LB were moderate at best we got a potentially better RB ,our middfield lacked creativity we gave/giving our best passer (Alonso) with no sub in place ,still missing another quality striker (too much weight to put on Torres) ,and our subs are just par subs no creativity no strength no imagination coming from the bench...

SACK RAFA :lookaround  :kungfu:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red_guy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:07 am

"Do we have to win the league this season?"

YES!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:08 pm

Is there going to be a better opportunity? Assuming citeh don't become a big force overnight, that Arsenal won't spring one of their wonder seasons and that the Ronaldo sale and loss of Tevez has done damage to the mancs, then that leaves Chelsea as possibly the biggest threat to our title prospects.

So maybe our players are getting the wrong side of 30, but does that mean they are incapable of carrying on at a high performance level for a few years yet? I think this "30 is past it" mentality is creeping in, as much as "injury prone" and talk of "pay as you play". The mancs won the league last season but aren't their players like Rio, Scholes, Giggs etc the same age or older (Van Der Broken Finger) than our's?

I think we need to replace Xabi adequately, see if Johnson does take RB up a step and need consistency of performance and fitness from Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres and whoever plays the opposite side to Kuyt. Is age the real concern?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion