Djimi traore... - What am i missing?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:12 am

Can people please tell me what i'm missing with Traore. I just don't get it. ???

I'm not one for "slagging" players off and i really want the lad to do well but he's just not got it.

I hear people for him to start ahead of Warnock and i think this is truely unbelievable givin the start we've had defensively and the amount of goals Traore cost us last season.

All i see is a 6'3 lad. Who can run quickly, save his own (not anyone elses) ars.e with the odd superb recovery tackle and has a good attitude, thats all. Literally.

He often leaves Hyypia exposed, offers next to nothing going forward, has absoloutely no influence in the game, for a man of his size he's both poor in the air and not very strong and technically the lad is of a division 2/3 standard.

Someone please enlighten me as to what people see in him.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby The_Rock » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:18 am

1 of the few things i agree with stu.......

Initially i overestimated traore a lot....i mean some of his last ditch tackles were world class to say the least.....

But yes, Traore really makes Hyppia look bad. He does not mark his players well...and this exposes Hyppia a lot. (Initially I thought that the goal we conceded against betis was hyppia's fault...but if u look at the replay..traore was supposed to mark that opposition player).

U can notice...that hyppia played well against the scums because warnock played left back....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:37 am

I don't and never have rated Traore.  His positioing inthe Champions League Final was at fault for all 3 of their goals.  He struggles to make a pass of 10 yds, and he looks uncomfotable in every situation.

Warnock is better in every department except in a competion for who looks like they should be in the old Kia Ora advert!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Garymac » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:40 am

The only good thing Djimi can do is a recovering tackle, and hes already made a mistake  to get into the position to do so in the 1st place, Traore has always been a liability a good thing will always follow a bad thing with him.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:36 am

What can we do or say though? Rafa loves him and give him a four year extended contract, and said the other day that Djimi was like a new signing for us, no doubt he has the right mentality and I was very happy for him getting a CL medal, cause he hasnt had the best Liverpool career and has had some bad abuse, but he is no Ashley Cole and I think its only his mentality that has kept him in a red shirt.
Maybe play him in cup games, ohhhhhhhhhhh no the F.A. Cup :D  joke, Im sure he wont make that mistake again and I did feel sorry for him at the time.
But in the world of football there is not an abundance of players for this position.
We will see what happens I suppose, and what Rafa has in mind for him in the future.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:45 am

Traore should at best be a squad player, i dont want to just join the trend and slag him totally.
But most of the points stu made are really valid.
Positionally he goes wandering, his distribution is poor, as is hyypia's really, they are imo the only 2 players who panic if there isn't an short  easy pass on and just lump it long and anywhere.
Also in the air he is nowhere near commanding enough.
Warnock should get the nod everytime, lets just hope he doesn't get injured again because the defence does look alot more solid so far.
His last ditch sliding tackles are brilliant, but alot of the time its his own fault that he is having to make them.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:48 am

All said and done he has definately improved under Rafa.Under Houllier i was slagging the guy off every week,now its only every fortnight .....:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:52 am

But in the world of football there is not an abundance of players for this position.

Warnock and Riise are bother better footballers than him.

Riise, while not being the best defensively is still a damn site better than Traore. Alround at least.
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:58 am

stu_the_red wrote:

Riise, while not being the best defensively is still a damn site better than Traore. Alround at least.

I said in the world Stu, not at Liverpool, but I do prefer Riise on the wing like most of us do.
With Warnock gaining more first team experience it will be hard for Djimi to get back into the first but Warnock has to stay injury free to keep Djimi out.
Maybe once Harry is back and hopefully (fingers crossed) regains his Leeds form, then we may see Risse switched to left back rotating with Warnock, but then why has rafa give Traore a four year extended contract if he is not in the long term plans................................?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:00 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Traore a four year extended contract if he is not in the long term plans................................?

Perhaps as a backup centre-half who can play left back if needed? Thats the only real reason I can think of.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:18 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

I said in the world Stu, not at Liverpool, but I do prefer Riise on the wing like most of us do.
With Warnock gaining more first team experience it will be hard for Djimi to get back into the first but Warnock has to stay injury free to keep Djimi out.
Maybe once Harry is back and hopefully (fingers crossed) regains his Leeds form, then we may see Risse switched to left back rotating with Warnock, but then why has rafa give Traore a four year extended contract if he is not in the long term plans................................?

My point was, it was a rubbish point you made as we have two better left backs at the club already, who cares about the rest of the world?

In the premiership alone there are probably 40 players in that position who are better than him.

The lad just hasn't got it. I just hope Rafa realises how poor a player he is before its to late, the lad nearly cost us the champions league last season. He's joke of a footballer.
115-1073096938

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:25 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Can people please tell me what i'm missing with Traore. I just don't get it. ???

I'm not one for "slagging" players off and i really want the lad to do well but he's just not got it.

I hear people for him to start ahead of Warnock and i think this is truely unbelievable givin the start we've had defensively and the amount of goals Traore cost us last season.

All i see is a 6'3 lad. Who can run quickly, save his own (not anyone elses) ars.e with the odd superb recovery tackle and has a good attitude, thats all. Literally.

He often leaves Hyypia exposed, offers next to nothing going forward, has absoloutely no influence in the game, for a man of his size he's both poor in the air and not very strong and technically the lad is of a division 2/3 standard.

Someone please enlighten me as to what people see in him.

I think the point is you can learn to play football (ie coached) but you cannot learn to be 6 foot 3 and fast. He is a good athlete although he can make bad decisions. I think he has the tools (speed, strength and attitude) to be a good player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:39 pm

He's 25 and offers nothing. You can't turn :censored: in quality.

Akinbiyi is 6'3 and as fast as anyone. He's also as strong as anyone. What happened to him?

He had four of five premiership attributes.
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:51 pm

This slagging exercise should stop. Traore is a valuable squad member. And he is fairly cheap. That's it. He is still young and has his best years ahead of him. He can't be that bad considering our achievements with him as left back last year?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:54 pm

He's 25.

The amount of goals we conceed because of him is shocking.
115-1073096938

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion