Djimi traore - the goalscorer - Anyone know when he scored ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:51 pm

Right, before I start this is only the second topic i have started as i tend to reply to posts as opposed to starting a new one, soif this is the wrong place, please forgive me !! :blush:

Ok, I just have a question about Djimi Traore. I was going through some stats the other day and noticed that Mr. Traore has actually scored a goal for us  :upside:   ??? .
And I dont mean the 'classic' one against Burnley.

Its just that I cannot find anywhere WHO he scored this goal against. The best I could do, was to find out that it was in a European game, whether this was CL or Uefa Cup, I'm not too sure!!!

So my questions are:
1 - WHO did Djimi score against and what competition and stage of the comp was it??

2 - IF anyone knows, what was the goal like?? was it a scrambled effort, a header from a corner (though he normally stays back), a thirty yard pile driver (i know hilariously unlikely, but hey!!!) or...................

Im just intrigued by this, please put this to rest for me fellas (sorry CGGY/Zara as well of course!!!!)

Ok, if for some reason he hasnt scored for us ( i did check a couple of times, as i know I would/will be burned at the stake if i make a POST, and it ends up being pointless) but if I AM WRONG....I am sorry guys !

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:56 pm

He scored the season before last in the away tie against that Romanian team (?) in the UEFA Cup.

And as the law of sod has it, it was an absolute cracker! :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:59 pm

JBG wrote:And as the law of sod has it, it was an absolute cracker! :D

Seroiusly, it was a 'cracker' ???  hehe!!!!   So was it an important goal, what was the score at the time??  This is great I am laughing my head off trying to imagine him scoring a screamer, damn i wanna see this goal !!!

Any more info??  Keep it coming guys

THKS JBG BTW !!!
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:17 pm

I like the lad i have to be honest, maybe i feel sorry for him the way he was treated by Houllier, I duno.
but i genuely like him, hes a real good professional, ciggys had a few excuse the spelling :D .
But when i read things like he came from a family of 11 kids and stuff and his only toy was an old football that he played with from 8 a.m. till 10 p.m. at night.
And he came from nothing his family had nothing, I care for him even more, i know that wont win us games, but i prefer someone like this than a spoilt little b@stard whos had everything.
that win in turin against juventus meant the world to him, you could tell he had me crying, the win against chelsea again over the moon and OMG when we won in Istanbul well what can you say the lad was just shellshocked could'nt believe it I mean look at his face in Turin  :D

I am over the moon for him his confidence was gone, he even said he knocked on Houlliers door every day to ask him to play him or sell him, he's no ashley Cole but he know it, and he saved our lives more this season than we actually appreciate, clearence of the season had to be in istabul.
Walk On Djimi I luv ya lad

:love:  :hearts
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:24 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:but i prefer someone like this than a spoilt little b@stard whos had everything.

Great post CGGY, you 'ole sentimental you !!

And as for the qoute from your post...yea like Kewell you mean  :veryangry
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:31 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:but i prefer someone like this than a spoilt little b@stard whos had everything.

Well I did have kewell in mind but I dont know his background so I cant comment, Beckahm on the other hand :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:38 pm

Gianluca Vialla's dad is some sort of count who lives in a castle.

Thats a fact.

Kaka of AC Milan was born into a very wealthy background.....I think his parents are millionaires.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:45 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:

Well I did have kewell in mind but I dont know his background so I cant comment, Beckahm on the other hand :glare:

Nor do I to be honest  :blush: , but he just has that whole air about him, thought the same when he was at Leeds. But yea Beckham, Kaka, Vialli etc; I agree any of them, wont know the SAME joy as someone like Traore.

CGGY you know anything bout Djimi's goal, enlighten me you fountain of Knowledge  :;):
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:22 pm

I will ask around for it mate dont you worry lad, cause i would luv to see it meself :love:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:35 am

6th November 2003 Agaisnt Steua Beucharest playing in the UEFA Cup 1st round. Drew 1-1 Away.

My recollection was that it was a cracker scored from just outside the penalty box, ran onto it , body swerve and hit it sweet and scored ........... :p .
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:40 am

absolute pearler it was - you had to look twice to be sure u werent dreamin!
neilE

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:49 am

You want it , you've got it :D

L'pool : Steaua
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:30 am

JBG wrote:Kaka of AC Milan was born into a very wealthy background.....I think his parents are millionaires.

Kaka is a rarity amongst top Brazilan players. Most of them come from poor areas and just played football on the streets with bare feet their whole childhood.

The thing that makes Brazil so good is that they make young players play Futsal, which advances their technical skills brilliantly.

Brazil continues to bring up brilliant young players like Kaka, Robinho and Adriano, and they are by far and away the best football nation on the planet.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:03 am

Spain are close to Brazil now. Brazil have some crazy attacking options: Adriano, Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Fabiano.
However Spain have a lot of depth in their squad in all areas, and players like Alonso, Xavi, Baraja who know how to controll the pace of a game and pass the ball brilliantly.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:27 am

Dalglish wrote:6th November 2003 Agaisnt Steua Beucharest playing in the UEFA Cup 1st round. Drew 1-1 Away.

My recollection was that it was a cracker scored from just outside the penalty box, ran onto it , body swerve and hit it sweet and scored ........... :p .

Yer it was that game and we had a corner on the left hand side and it was played short to djimi who was playing left back in that game i think djimi was on the corner of the area cut inside slightly and hit it right footed and it bounced once and landed in the far corner a good goal really even though somehow I remember the pitch for that game was terrible so it may have been a fluke. I think that was his only goal.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion