Djimi traore - Keep him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby akumaface » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:27 pm

I think if we end up having Traore as Hyypia's replacement, we will be in big trouble. If we are couple years back when we play more defensively, I might have to agree to keep him as a reserve only. But with the new passing and attacking style, Traore simply can't cut it. Warnock is definitely played with more awareness and skill.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:34 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Are you havin a laugh? He nearly cost us the game in Turin and the amount of times Hyypia saved his backside was unreal. He was woeful. And when he was beaten at the back stick by Cannavaro i thought it was game over. It so easily could have been.

He's quick and can tackle, but technically he's awful, he plays stupid passes and his use of the ball and movement is shocking. His positional sense and the way he gets sucked in then turned is staggering for a centre half. I don't even believe he's a Premiership player, let alone a top half player. Warnock should unquestionabley be first choice.

Also you'd notice how deep Riise played in this game, he clearly didn't trust Traore against anyone, Riise had a bad game going forward but worked his balls off and played two positions practically on his own.

Listen Stu ,Traore also made telling interceptions in Turin that only he could of made ,not even Henchoz in his pomp could have got a touch on the ball ,yet Traore made vital blocks and he deserved the plaudits along with everyone on that field .
I am not sitting in the I love Traore camp but if he does cut out his glaring silly errors he will become a fine player ,as i have also stated in my post his lack of concentration is a worry but Rafa might remove that from his game ,so lets just support the team we currently have Stu, because all the sniping wont remove him from the team if Rafa sees Djimi as part of Liverpools future .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion