Djibril ready to slay chelsea - Im a warrior

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Sun May 01, 2005 2:09 pm

From Skysports:

Cisse to put Blues to sword
by Mark Buckingham -  created on 1 May 2005

Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse is determined to prove his gladiator credentials and slay Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League.
The Premiership rivals meet in the second leg of their semi-final tussle on Tuesday, with the tie finely poised after a 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge.
Cisse is pressing for a starting role at Anfield in the week, having featured as a substitute during the stalemate in the first leg.
The France international has recovered from a broken leg to figure in The Reds' European challenge and he is now anxious to prove he is back to fitness by putting Chelsea to the sword.
"I'm a warrior and behind me there is a team of them," Cisse told the News of the World.
"People said I wouldn't play again so soon but now is the chance to show what I can do.
"I feel like a gladiator. I'm not scared of Chelsea and now's the time to prove it.
"It is not arrogance. It is my warrior's soul.
"This game could lead to great things for this club. Rafa Benitez has raised the bar for us all. Now is the moment to jump higher."
The 23-year-old could replace Fernando Morientes in the starting line-up at Anfield on Tuesday, with the Spaniard having been signed in January following Cisse's autumn injury.
Cisse admits he is now competing with Morientes for a spot in the side but is happy with the increased attacking options at manager Benitez's disposal.
He added: "Because of my injury the club then signed Fernando Morientes and now we are both competing for the same position.
"But that is a good thing when you have a huge game like Chelsea coming up, even though Fernando is cup-tied.
"We now have competition for every position and we all know whoever performs will be in the side.
"Hiring a player like Morientes has proved we really want to go far and that means winning the Champions League, not just getting past Chelsea."
Meanwhile, Liverpool have been linked with a move for Middlesbrough teenager Adam Johnson, who made his debut last month and is believed to be available in the summer.

lol, classic, hope he kills em!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun May 01, 2005 3:01 pm

el_stinger wrote:The 23-year-old could replace Fernando Morientes in the starting line-up at Anfield on Tuesday

Did the journalist not know that Nando is Cup tied?
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun May 01, 2005 3:08 pm

lol, i didnt see that one, hilarious. Skysports at it once again, no clue!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun May 01, 2005 3:16 pm

The 23-year-old could replace Fernando Morientes in the starting line-up at Anfield on Tuesday, with the Spaniard having been signed in January following Cisse's autumn injury.

He might have noted that Mori could be replaced on Tuesday, having started on Saturday.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun May 01, 2005 4:00 pm

he states that he is

"But that is a good thing when you have a huge game like Chelsea coming up, even though Fernando is cup-tied."
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun May 01, 2005 4:10 pm

Anyone seen this adam johnson guy for boro that we are meant to be looking at?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun May 01, 2005 4:16 pm

john craig wrote:Anyone seen this adam johnson guy for boro that we are meant to be looking at?

why do we want him?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Sun May 01, 2005 5:52 pm

Let's give that man a sword... a TIGER maybe
Thinkpad

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 01, 2005 6:17 pm

Good attitude. This injury could be a blessing in disguise.

He looked nervous at times before it, now it will probably make him think he's just suffered something awful what does he have to be nervous about.

It had a similar effect on Carragher. Lets see what it does to Cisse. :)
115-1073096938

Postby kopite » Sun May 01, 2005 7:21 pm

Anyone read about him getting the Liverpool crest tattoo'd on him if we win the champions league . :D
kopite

Postby stmichael » Sun May 01, 2005 7:25 pm

kopite wrote:Anyone read about him getting the Liverpool crest tattoo'd on him if we win the champions league . :D

that's fine as long as he promises not to dye his hair red again. that made ALT's old hairstyle look good. :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 01, 2005 7:30 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Let's give that man a sword... a TIGER maybe

:D
Let's give him a fu'ckin' chariot (just in case )   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby coolsobs » Sun May 01, 2005 8:12 pm

he's got the eye of the tiger
coolsobs

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 01, 2005 8:50 pm

someone had better tell him its not the liverpool way to talk ****** before a game, we leave that to the other teams.
i find all that i`m a warrior stuff slightly embarressing, i thought we`d seen the last of that when paul "me and jamie redknapp are the best centre midfield partnership in europe" ince left. do your talking with your feet lad, thats the liverpool way.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Indian » Sun May 01, 2005 8:50 pm

Great attitude, lets hope he does it on the pitch though
Red Indian

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion