Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:29 pm

It get's my vote Shanks!!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:31 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:•Starting a thread purely to antagonise Lando Griffin last week, causing ME problems because when he logs on you would start taking abuse which you would inevitably complain to me about, leaving me to sort out a mess you started in the first place.

Sorry mate - Had I known he was making your life a misery, I wouldn't have risen to it.
I'll just ignore the punk in future - I didn't realise he was THAT much of a turd!!!!!

:)

Don't worry about it Lando, you know I've got absolutely no problems with you at all.  I left the thread up so you could ACTUALLY come on and have a go at the idiot, I thought it was only fair seeing as he'd publicly had a go at you, it didn't seem right that I delete it without you having your say.

Mudface seems to think I'm having a pop at him.  I'm not.  If he behaved himself and stuck to the football, he'd be on no warnings.  I've listed the reasons I've warned him for and I'm justified in doing so.

When he sticks to the football, things are fine.  Even if I don't agree with his views (which I don't - he loves Cisse and Traore) I can't warn a member for that!!!!  He's entitled to his opinion, even if I don't agree with it.  He thinks if he posts about Cisse, I'll warn him!!!

Ridiculous.  I'm being made out to be the bad guy by him.

jonnymac1979

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:41 pm

1) A very, very fast young strikers, explosive off the mark
2) Finishing is hit and hope, no placement or direction.
3) Has the first touch and ball control of a baby elephant.
4) A whinging , moaning, egotistical waste of space.

1) Still true
2) See against Everton
3) Confidence
4) French so will have an ego anyway plus every transfer window there's solid rumours about him being swapped or sold, plus he isn't being played regularly, certainly not as regularly as Moro or Crouch, Benetiz doesn't have any faith in him, all of which contribute to 2) and 3)

I'd still like to keep him on, I've seen flashes where he's had a good touch, good shot and you keep thinking this is a guy who could catch fire.
AlanHansen

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:42 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:•Starting a thread purely to antagonise Lando Griffin last week, causing ME problems because when he logs on you would start taking abuse which you would inevitably complain to me about, leaving me to sort out a mess you started in the first place.

Sorry mate - Had I known he was making your life a misery, I wouldn't have risen to it.
I'll just ignore the punk in future - I didn't realise he was THAT much of a turd!!!!!

Don't worry about it Lando, you know I've got absolutely no problems with you at all.  I left the thread up so you could ACTUALLY come on and have a go at the idiot, I thought it was only fair seeing as he'd publicly had a go at you, it didn't seem right that I delete it without you having your say.

Mudface seems to think I'm having a pop at him.  I'm not.  If he behaved himself and stuck to the football, he'd be on no warnings.  I've listed the reasons I've warned him for and I'm justified in doing so.

When he sticks to the football, things are fine.  Even if I don't agree with his views (which I don't - he loves Cisse and Traore) I can't warn a member for that!!!!  He's entitled to his opinion, even if I don't agree with it.  He thinks if he posts about Cisse, I'll warn him!!!

Ridiculous.  I'm being made out to be the bad guy by him.

hes a first class twát John to be honest,i'm just shocked he isnt banned yet.........

He comes on here starts racist threads / posts etc........

and has a go at Lando,Me and yourself  you have to admit hes fighting a losing battle from the off   :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:51 pm

Sorry but all you guys above, drummerphil, jonnymac1979, Lando_Griffin, Mudface, etc, are showing exactly what is going wrong with this forum. This thread is supposed to be about Djibril Cisse, but once again it has turned into a completely non-related football sub thread. If threads drift into other footballing maters it is not such an issue, but recently people are going completely of topic into non-football related issues, wouldn’t it make more sense to use PMs or make a thread in Genreal Chat?

The Liverpool FC - General Discussion area is the main part of the forum, but it is being messed up. Don’t get me wrong I think the guys I mentioned are valuable members of the forum(apart from mudface), and its not only you guys, but its just in this topic at this time it has really got to me.

And the reason I haven’t PMed or made a topic in General Chat about this is because I want everyone to see this and see the example of how the forum is being ruined.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:52 pm

As you guys have said Cisse's dilemia is a very intersting one, we can all plainly see that he has remarkable pace and arguably one of the fastest player in the epl(off the ball anyway) However the main problem Cisse has is that his first touch is horrible for a footballer he really cannot control the ball so there is litttle point in hitting thr ball down the channel him chasing it either not controlling it or running straight into the defender. Cisse is as many of you have said is suffering from a lack of confidance for two reasons he is our only striker who is (for some reason) labelled a 20 goal a season man (dispite his also horrible finishing) a witht the world cup coming up and the emergance of Anelka it may be hard for him to get a place in the national team, look at out other striker Crouch and Nando will go to germany however many goals they score this season Cisse will not if he does'nt score regually. His crossing is also Hit and Miss, however i think maybe Fowler may rub off on Cisse possibly improving his touch.

Well that wat i think anyway
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:55 pm

Fair point CHL.

But Mudface started it!!!!!

:D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

Jokin...... anyway, I've apologised for spoiling it and I've given my opinion on this thread.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:03 pm

Do you know what gets me? 

Think back to Gerrards pearler in the Luton game which made it 1 - 0 to us.  Cisse was the player who passed the ball to Gerrard and do you know what?  I was both shocked and surprised.  Cisse's pass was weighted perfectly, to Gerrard's right boot, perfect speed and was not bobbling along the ground or hitting Gerrard's shin or anything.

To play a perfectly weighted pass to a player 15 yards away from you is bread and butter for professional players (fuck me, I'm sure I could even do it and I've not kicked a ball in anger since August 2000) but to be shocked when Cisse did it that day to set Gerrard up tells me something is wrong.  I must be that used to seeing him play the wrong ball or watching his passes go wayward and not come off that I actually thought "Well done Djibril, for playing a 15 yard pass straight."

:no  :no
jonnymac1979

Postby Rastalovich » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:05 pm

With any statement I may give about Cisse, Moro or Crouch not being up to scratch - I don`t by any means mean they`re not good or better forwards.

Just don`t think they`re cutting it @ Liverpool, which is what counts for me.

If Cisse moved to...... Juventus/Newcastle/Rangers/Atl Madrid/PSG or whatever, maybe it`d work for him, in what they do, maybe they`d give him 20 starts to find out - I dunno, not interested tbh, just know he`s not good here atm.

Will he play for France ? T`is possible.

B`sides, players have a strange habit of scoring against Liverpool after they`re traded  :angry: lol
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:10 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Fair point CHL.

But Mudface started it!!!!!

:D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

Jokin...... anyway, I've apologised for spoiling it and I've given my opinion on this thread.

i agree.......fair point too.........and i have also contributed to this thread.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:11 pm

Another Cisse thread!!
Mmmmnnn!! ???

Well i think he is not and will not ever be a LFC player!!

Why?? 
Cause he's lazy..in this i mean he does not work hard enough for the team!!

His attitude is disgusting...ever see him after playing sh.ite for 70 mins then getting subbed and huffing like a baby??Enough said there!!

He does not make the runs a striker should..hence failing to find space!!

No touch....He has the first touch of a disabled donkey!!

Shooting...misses way too many chances for a so called striker!!

Basically we should never have bought him,£14m from a team in a way lesser league was not good business!
Yes Cisse was the leading goal score in France 2 years on the trot but this says nothing as we know now.
In fact the only one thing it does say is that the standard between French football and ours is a lot bigger than we thought!
People can say he will come good....thats balls,i wish it was true but i cannot see it unfortunately!
They also say he lacks confidence,ffs if anything he's the opposite....an arrogant individual with the swagger of a player he could only wish to be!
Bar Robbie,out of Cisse,Crouch and Moro if one had to go i would scream for Cisse each and every day of the week..Goodbye and good riddance!

The one thing that stands out from his game for me is laziness!
He has no passion for the club and no will to even try to go the extra inch thats needed at times to change things! I just feel he's happy to sit amongst the team and coast along without a care in the world of whether we win,loose or draw!

To summarise he disgusts me and i dont think he deserves to pull on the LFC shirt in fact he does not deserve to sh.it in an Anfield toilet!!
The sooner we are rid of this sack of shi.te the better!!

Yes im a Cisse fan!! :)
66-1120597113

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:14 pm

How many goals has Cisse scored in his career? Does anyone know?
Who put the value of 14 million pounds on his head, and why wasnt none of the top teams in Europe in for him?
Wenger is a magician when it comes to spotting young talent ecspecially in France, so what did Houllier see in him that Wenger didnt?
And when Cisse played for Auxurre who was his strike partner or did he play upfront on his own?
I know Houllier was after him for 3 years, surely there must have been some talnet on show for him to be interested in him for such a long time.?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:18 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Another Cisse thread!!
Mmmmnnn!! ???

Yes well Barry TBH there was only topics with arguments in so I thought Id post a topic about a player, instead of all the arguments that have been happening this last week.
And the forums going down hill fast its up to us that want it to stay open to change it and start talking about Liverpool in the footballing section.
Back to topic :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:25 pm

Well in answer to Ciggy's initial post, I believe that you're right.

The club HAS handled it badly in as much as it became public knowledge we wanted to sell him.

However, a true professional would have risen to the challenge and not started whining about the boss and the fact he doesn't play.

He came back from the injury with all the right statements of intent, but on the pitch he has failed to deliver. Does he not realise that he hasn't been playing BECAUSE he's just no good enough to command a regular starting berth!?!?!
Despite his obvious pace and power, he has the technical ability of a carrot.

Some of the shot's he has taken have been below Sunday-league standard, and his lack of touch renders his pace useless. The only time he is useful, is when he's one-on-one with a slouch defender, and he hits it first time. (Hardly ever happens).

His attitude is very poor, and the fact that he sulks like a rejected teenager whenever the midfielders have the audacity to pass the ball a yard either side of him, makes me think that his days at LFC are numbered, as we all know anyway!

In short - IF he sorted his ethos out, and concentrated on the basics of football, he'd be worthy of a place.

It's not going to happen, IMHO. :(

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:59 pm

Ciggy wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:Another Cisse thread!!
Mmmmnnn!! ???

Yes well Barry TBH there was only topics with arguments in so I thought Id post a topic about a player, instead of all the arguments that have been happening this last week.
And the forums going down hill fast its up to us that want it to stay open to change it and start talking about Liverpool in the footballing section.
Back to topic :D

Well i agree there Lynds!!
The forum sure is going downhill in fact its snowballing and only getting worse!
I dunno i just dont find myself on here as much..it used to be when i came in from work i couldnt wait to see what was going on...now i only come on when im bored!!

Then again this is an isue for the mods...just as well i aint a mod :D
Where they get the patience from i'll never know!!

Anyways as for Cissy...well basically he is just that !! My feelings about him are as above!

I have patience with every player that pulls on the shirt..but with Cisse..well i feel he would try the patience of a Saint!!

We can always respect a player with limited ability if they work hard and make the most of what they have..with him this is not the case!
He lacks ability and does not even try to componsate with effort...this is not enough from a so called LFC striker!
Out da feck at season end i hope!! :nod
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion