Djibril cisse - Marseille will not sign striker djibril

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:51 am

KRobbo10 wrote:puroresu does that mean they are going to buy him, is it just me or is that hard to read ???

I deleted that as it was old
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:55 am

zarababe wrote:
babu wrote:
joko wrote:
babu wrote:
joko wrote:why not with 3 conditions
1.he must accept a deduction of his wage to quarter
2.he must accept being subbed
3.he must not grow his hair
:D

1. That would still be too much
2. How can he get subbed if he never starts?
3. Sure, why not.

3. he must concentrate on training, not hair styling  :D

but he is much better at hairstyling.  :p

:D

This is bad news - feel sorry for him with his horrific leg breakages, however he should have been a sprinter - football and skill defo do not sit synonymously with his speed.

Hope a resolution can be found - may be Hou Hou Houllier will take him  :D

I think his going to Marseille.  The chairman suggested it last week anyway.  Rumours are Bolton are also interested as Juve are meant to be after Anelka.

His loan deal hasnt even been the disaster which the English press are writing even though none of those guys even watch Lique 1.  His scored 8 goals in 18 games.  He did suffer some whistles from some OM fans but even Papin said he got whistled by some fans.  Like Papin said someone who suffers 2 broken legs needs some time to get back to 100% performance.  With a good pre-season behind him he will be fine.
puroresu

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:22 pm

Guardian is reporting Bolton are interested. 

Probably a load of s*i*e and just rumour-fodder but I doubt he'll be back here.  We'd loan him out again before playing him similar to when Diouf reported to Melwood and was shipped out ot Bolton straight away.

Except Diouf was a vile twat.  Cisse seems like a popular lad who just wasn't the best footballer for Liverpool.
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:26 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Guardian is reporting Bolton are interested. 

Probably a load of s*i*e and just rumour-fodder but I doubt he'll be back here.  We'd loan him out again before playing him similar to when Diouf reported to Melwood and was shipped out ot Bolton straight away.

Except Diouf was a vile twat.  Cisse seems like a popular lad who just wasn't the best footballer for Liverpool.

Swap for Anelka maybe?
Noway Notlob are getting him for 2 million like spit the dog they feck right off.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:27 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Guardian is reporting Bolton are interested. 

Thats what I heard as like I said Deschamps wants Anelka.  If Anelka knows this then no doubt he will want to go and play for Juve in Serie A. 

The American story the Mirror printed is bad journalism!!
puroresu

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:28 pm

djibril cisse is at least 10 years too young to play for bolton.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:41 pm

stmichael wrote:djibril cisse is at least 10 years too young to play for bolton.

lol
puroresu

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:38 pm

We've four choices :

1) use him. This would not be such a bad idea but if he's (still) as 'prolific' as Bellamy, Crouch and Kuyt then we'll be as short of goals as we have been since Mikey left

2) loan him out. Bit of a waste of a £14m player but surely it's better than selling at a huge loss

3) con someone into buying him at a reasonable price. Like Marseille would have paid much for him anyway, I think he's had his big money move and we were the suckers on the receiving end - literally!

4) sell him for next to nothing to get rid. I like the getting rid part but frankly we should be looking to sell at reasonable value, not that it is Rafa's fault we paid £14m for him anyway.

option 3 is unlikely, option 4 is most likely although none of the above bar 3 are 'acceptable'
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KRobbo10 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:52 pm

I think all in all, liverpool are gonna have money to spend on players and we are not banking on the money from Cisse to help us buy some players, as was the case before the americans turned up.
KRobbo10

Postby kobashi » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:11 pm

I went too the Marseille vs Nice game 3 weeks ago and Djibril Cisse has loads of support!!  a small minority whistled but the Ultra's and Yankee's all sing his name..

I think Marseille do want too sign him but not for £8m.  If Dijibril scores goals in last 9 games and fires Marseille into the Champions League and also helps OM win the French Cup he will be a hero.
kobashi

Postby babu » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:51 pm

KRobbo10 wrote:I think all in all, liverpool are gonna have money to spend on players and we are not banking on the money from Cisse to help us buy some players, as was the case before the americans turned up.

i say wtf?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:02 pm

Cisse has let us and himself down IMO. He had a chance to re-establish himself at Marseille. He had talked very favourably about them in the past (favourite team in France etc.) It looks like he has blown his chances of signing for them, unless of course they see his potential and want to knowck the price down to £4M or so by pretending they don't want him.

Another option for Cisse might just be Houllier's Lyon. They have loads of cash, and if Ged sells a striker this summer, he may well want Djibs to come in and rebuild his career under him.

Lyons are dominant in France and it may well suit Cisse to go there. He will get amongst the goals again and could quite possibly get his career on track. I'm convincing myself of this, so let me make a prediction:

Cisse to Lyon for around £7M this summer.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:25 pm

stmichael wrote:Cisse has let us and himself down IMO. He had a chance to re-establish himself at Marseille. He had talked very favourably about them in the past (favourite team in France etc.) It looks like he has blown his chances of signing for them, unless of course they see his potential and want to knowck the price down to £4M or so by pretending they don't want him.

Another option for Cisse might just be Houllier's Lyon. They have loads of cash, and if Ged sells a striker this summer, he may well want Djibs to come in and rebuild his career under him.

Lyons are dominant in France and it may well suit Cisse to go there. He will get amongst the goals again and could quite possibly get his career on track. I'm convincing myself of this, so let me make a prediction:

Cisse to Lyon for around £7M this summer.

I think thats slightly unfair.  While he hasnt been at his absolute best since going to Marseille he hasnt been awful either.  The injuries have to be taken into account and he was never going to hit off straight away.

Lyon could be an option.  Maybe, depends on who Lyon's targets are.  The Lyon chairman says they got over £100 Mil Euro's to spend so I expect them to be going for some big big names.  But then again Houliier took him to Anfield so may well be interested. 

As for scoring goals, trust me that league isnt an easy league to score goals in no matter what the uneducated say.  Baros isnt banging them in left right and centre and his at Lyon.
puroresu

Postby stuart18 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:30 pm

i dont think lived up to his price tag at liverpool fans expected big things from him but didnt happen so i reckon he should be sold but i doubt liverpool will get 8 mil for him
stuart18

Postby Penguins » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Well, since Marseille probably won't take their option on him and Cissé will have 1 year left only on his contract this summer it is most likely he will leave on the cheap.

There is just no way he'll play for Liverpool again since his lazy attitude on the field stand for all that Rafa hates. Unless you work your *** off in training and in games there is no place in his team. And obviously Cissé won't sign a new contract either. So most likely he will go for 3-4 million to Lyon, Bolton or Marseille since Liverpool will have no bargain power whatsoever.

But I figured out this scenario was likely to happen the day Houllier left and rafa came in.
And when you count all the millions Houllier lost us what is another 10 to the pile.

I just love how some people try to compare Houllier's failings and rafa's in the transfer market.

Houllier spent over 40 million on Cissé, Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou, Le tallec and pongolle.
We will probably get back around 10-12 million on those since
Diao, Cheyrou and le tallec will give 0 in return.

Rafa sure has made some bad signings also but plz there is one HUGE difference. Rafa's mistakes are all cheap squad players. All of his big signings have all turned out good or at least ok.
Nunez, pellegrino cost NOTHING compared to Diao and Cheyrou. We still got back more than half from Mori sale and he didn't cost half as much as Cissé.

Josemi cost 2 million and since we swapped him for Kromkamp and sold him for 2.5 it's not all that terrible.
garcia has been well worth those 6.5 and so has those 7 for Crouch. All Rafa's big buys has contributed to the success Liverpool has had with Rafa. All Houllier's impact buys were disasterous the last 2 years.

So all in all Houller lost 30 million on his bad buys and rafa has lost 2-3 million on his. Very similar....
Last edited by Penguins on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion