Djibril cisse - He is ready!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Afroman » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:00 pm

He side footed a beauty tonight lads, didn't he!!!

Great finish. Didn't need 2 touches. Class :cool:
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby philchampionsl2005 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:37 am

i think his attitude is great, his pace is electric and he can only get better but please rafa don't waste him on the right as houiller did to heskey. this man has got the potential to become the nxt henry or even better as he said himself he wants to reach henry level. if he does he'll become an anfield legend
philchampionsl2005

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:02 am

he is getting his confidence back and i think rafa see him as our main striker. he might just get our 20 goals.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:10 am

Cisse would get goals with the right service, but don't expect him to become another Henry.

Cisse does not have Henry's on the ball skills and his touches can range from good to woeful. We just have to play to his strengths and he does pack a rather ferocious shot.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:33 am

Cisse would get goals with the right service, but don't expect him to become another Henry.

Cisse does not have Henry's on the ball skills and his touches can range from good to woeful. We just have to play to his strengths and he does pack a rather ferocious shot.

I agree, there are not many players who are like Henry. However Cisse has the ability imo to score 20 goals overall for us this season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:56 am

Cisse will be top scorer at Liverpool.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:51 pm

maximus wrote:
Paul C wrote:Cisse is mint, he has a very Mohammed Ali type attitude  :bowdown

lets hope he has Mohammed Ali ability to back it all up  :nod

Lets hope NOT, we want him to play football after all  :D
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:15 pm

I had major doubts about Cisse when we first signed him. He came over to Anfield the season before with Auxerre in the UEFA Cup and had a stinker. He struck me then as a big time Charlie and I thought "Here we go again".

However, since his injury, his attitude has been first class, and he is the classic case of "never judge a book by its cover".

He still has many weaknesses in his game such as over elaboration and a tendency to get caught offside a lot (its not really his pace which his problem but the timing of his runs) but with each passing game, he looks fitter, sharper and more confident.

He'll start the Premiership campaign with at least 3 competitive goals under his belt and that will take some of the pressure off him. If he stays injury free (fingers crossed) he could do some damage next season.

Liverpool fans have taken him to their hearts after his injury and he knows it. I think Cisse will be hungry and competitive next year, and we could see big things from him (no sniggering down the back Judge and Lee J :D ).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:29 pm

His first touch is stiff a bit iffy, but i think this will improve as the season goes.  I've been very impressed with the lad and I think he's going to be the dogs Bo**ocks this year  :cool:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:47 pm

I keep my fingers crossed that he won't pick up any injury. I have a great feeling that he'll be a dominant striker for us and in EPL. :blues:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:55 pm

Looks very Livly and allways looking to score, im not hoping for big things from him tho to avoid disapointment as i still have my doubts, i wouldnt b happier if he proved me wrong tho.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:13 pm

Alonso14 wrote:Looks very Livly and allways looking to score, im not hoping for big things from him tho to avoid disapointment as i still have my doubts, i wouldnt b happier if he proved me wrong tho.

alonso14  cisse will deliver make know mistake about it son im verry confident about this guy  i was so happy when he came to liverpool   the first season was always going to be hard coming from france and after the broken leg he seems a much stronger character after the injury and with the new players in plus two or three more you will see a much more balanced team this season this is rafas team this season... cisse will suprise you this season.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:24 pm

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuperb
kopite

Postby Espionage » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:31 am

League Totals:

1. Cisse 20
2. Gerrad 15
3. Crouch 15
4. Morientes 12

Liverpool EPL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i honestly believe that
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:45 pm

yeh da Lord of Frodsham iz gonna bang in da goals dis season and will be our top striker.

CISSE IZA DON
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion