Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maximus » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:44 pm

Paul C wrote:Cisse is mint, he has a very Mohammed Ali type attitude  :bowdown

lets hope he has Mohammed Ali ability to back it all up  :nod

I for one hope so
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:12 pm

Cisse's attitude is top and his miracle recovery last season is testament to that.

I would love him to score 20 in the league, but I'd be very surprised if he did.  He's just not composed enough in front of goal IMO.  He's similar to a young Andy Cole  I think, great pace and will get into good scoring positions, but will probably only stick away about 1 in 4 chances at the moment.  He is a raw talent that needs time to develop.

Hopefully we will see him become a better all round player under Benitez, there are big things to come from Cisse, but this will really only be his first full season in the prem and it may be the season after before we start seeing the best of him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:19 pm

i think cisse will score 20 goals overall, not just in the league alone though. although i would really love it if he did.
if cisse just works on his finishing (composure) then he'll be a top class striker!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:00 pm

If you look at our strikers, then really Cisse is the only one (if Baros goes) that has a bit of pace, we might have FLP but he will not start much.
It will imo be Cisse and Crouch mostly with Morientes probably more in Europe.
I forward line needs a bit of variety and understanding and i think Cisse and Crouch might form a decent partnership.
The fact that they were both played together in what was so far our most important game (kaunas) indicates to me that Rafa thinks something similar as well.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Rob » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:09 pm

I think everyone who loves Liverpool desperately wants him to be all guns blazing next season due to his attitude.

Having watched him in pre-season it looks as if he is improving on areas of his game which need it. He has held the ball up better, does not seem to get caught offside as much and has scored some goals.

It would be nice to see him side-foot the ball in more often as he does seem to lack composure and blast it all the time. I think he needs to keep it simple when holding up and laying off the ball so he does not lose it so much.

I don't see Crouch/Morientes as a partnership tbh so I think Cisse will get a chance to prove himself.
Red_Rob

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:44 pm

He'll bcum a legend :D  :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:53 pm

I am very happy after reading what Cisse said. Perhaps his attitude is not too bad afterall.
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:58 pm

MCYan wrote:I am very happy after reading what Cisse said. Perhaps his attitude is not too bad afterall.

Cisse's attitude has never been in question mate.  Where did that come from?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:13 pm

He will be our main striker this season.
Houllier=LFC

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:38 pm

It’s fantastic that Cisse has set himself such a target. All top Premiership strikers aim for 20 or more league goals. Cisse will never be a Henry but he has the ability to become an effective goal scorer.

Did we overpay? In my opinion yes, would Rafa have bought him had the deal not already been agreed? I don’t think so.

But Cisse has a winner’s attitude which is great, just needs to work on his movement and work rate of the ball more than anything else.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:15 pm

i think cisses attitude will make up for any perceived flaws in his game in rafas eyes. rafa is big on developing a positive winning mentality and djibril has this in bucketloads. key player i reckon and i hope this attitude spreads throughout the whole team.

can see this guy being a favourite for a good few years i reckon. every time he opens his mouth it just reinforces what a top bloke he is. if his game becomes anywhere near as good as his perspective on the game he will be a true great of this club. i hope and think many of his weaknesses (first touch, offsides) have stemmed from being too eager to impress as stated before, so hopefully he'll score a few early goals this season and be able to relax and play how i believe he can.
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:39 pm

If Morienties can pick up about 7 - 10 goals this season, with crouchy getting 10 - 12 in the premership and cisse the same in all competitions i think we will be flying espically with the goals flouding in from garcia and gerrard, and a good couple from riise, zenden and maybe even one or two from alonso as well as the 5 that rafa has set carragher to get!

I also think that Cisse is going to play the most games this season out of our strikers because the fact that Mori and Peter r quite similar.

When it does come down to playin the one up front i would suspect it would be crouch tho as he can bring the midfielders into play. I know mori was tried a couple of times in this position but it didnt quite work did it?

It would be great if all three of our strikers get into double figures we all know there capable of doing it!

Its also great hearin that from cisse, i think rafa would agree that he has the right menalitiy.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:15 pm

I think Cisse will be great for us this season once he gets a bit of confidence!
Reading his interveiw its obvious he's dying to prove his worth to the club and us fans!He appears grateful for the fantastic physio and medical treatment he recieved after thinking he may never play again!He also has the mentality of all born winners of wanting to prove his ability to himself,people with this mentality strive to be the best they can or feel as if they fail!
Also i think Cisse and Crouch will be a great pairing,Crouch can hold the ball up well and also has a better eye for goal than most on here give him  credit for!
I reckon Cisse will be our main man this season and for all his hard work getting fit so quick after that horrific injury he desrves a great season,lets hope im right! :)
66-1120597113

Postby matrix » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:48 pm

its great to see cisse in full flight i have to say he is looking like the cisse that played for auxerre  and after the leg break its great news for liverpool.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dosserboy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:57 pm

Red_Rob wrote:I think everyone who loves Liverpool desperately wants him to be all guns blazing next season due to his attitude.

Having watched him in pre-season it looks as if he is improving on areas of his game which need it. He has held the ball up better, does not seem to get caught offside as much and has scored some goals.

It would be nice to see him side-foot the ball in more often as he does seem to lack composure and blast it all the time. I think he needs to keep it simple when holding up and laying off the ball so he does not lose it so much.

I don't see Crouch/Morientes as a partnership tbh so I think Cisse will get a chance to prove himself.

He side footed a beauty tonight lads, didn't he!!!
dosserboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion