Diouffinancial backing - Cant compete with chelsea or man u

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:14 pm

Le Tallec And Pongelle are going great 4 us. they look class

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:09 pm

Agreed, Flo and Tony le Tallec will shine in due course.

In the meantime we need Sami and Henchoz to rebuild their understanding, we need Hamann back as the classy holding midfielder which will release Gerrard to play at his marauding offensive best.

I'm happy with the way that Kewell and Diouf are playing and the fact that they seem to switch wings regularly during the game adds an element of unpredictability. Super Danny Murphy can be brought on whenever things get stale, he looked really up for it on Saturday I thought.

That leaves upfront, little Michael speaks for himself but as much as I love Emile and think he get's unnecessary stick - he holds the ball up superbly, lays the ball off well keeping possession, nods on goalkicks/longballs to whomever is running through - sadly he just doesn't notch enough and I guess that's what he should be judged on. Why oh why oh why didn't you buy Anelka when you had the chance Gerard, it's not like we couldn't all clearly see that he was class.......

That said we need quality cover/competition for places down the spine of the team.

Does anyone know what's happening with Richie Partridge, he looked pretty impressive at Cov last season.....?!?
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 69-1067957946 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:54 pm

Beavis has erection problems
69-1067957946

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:11 pm

EggHead wrote:Beavis has erection problems

Oh please Egghead your getting boring or should I say Cheesecakery?
116-1065305004

Postby simic_ie » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:14 pm

Diouf was actually bought before the World Cup started so that had nothing to do with his price tag. I don't think Diouf is a waste of monet I must say. He is only what 21-22, his finishing will improve with time. He is one of the few players in the Liverpool team who is unpredictable and can consistently beat his marker. When his final ball and finishing improve, which will only happen with games, I think we will see he actually was worth the money.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:00 pm

I agree Diouf is an excellent player and is a very important part of our attacking line-up.
Last edited by supersub on Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:48 am

Judging by the improvements he has shown, I tend to agree with most of you on Diouf. However, his finishing is appalling...perhaps Ian Rush can coach him to improve. For Liverpool's sake, I hope he can improve that part of his game.
We are in dire need of other regular goal scorers instead of just Owen.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby williamcheong » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:50 am

Diouf is not a waste of money; after all, he gets salary to show off his skills on how to drop down clumsily whether someone tackles him, and also, how to be a selfish player and showing off, but can't even score.
williamcheong

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:44 pm

While it is true that a team with no money is unlikely to win the Premiership, teams can still spend large amounts and not buy success. Houllier has spent a load and we have a 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 5th place to show for it. Wenger has shown that with prudent spending Arsenal can compete with the excessive spending of Alex Ferguson. It will be tough if Chelski spend wisely but quality does not always cost a fortune, Kewell at £7m is at least the equal of Duff at £17m :cool:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:48 pm

I feel sorry for Diouf, he has talent but hasen't been able to play in his best position, this is the case for a number of our players.

Now he is adjusted, maybe he would do a good job upfront.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:29 am

Diouf has ball skills, no doubt. However, he can't score to save his life! For a 10 million pounds palyer, or rather striker, his finishing skills are worse than a good attacking midfielder. Compare him to the Rivaldos, the Ballacks, the Scholes, the Pireses, the Ljungbergs...the list goes on. If you take that into perspective, he is cr@p!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:20 pm

He was overpriced

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:11 pm

while money helps a lot i also think the team that we do have need motivaton ,pride,hunger + a kick up the hole .Look back at wimbleton under Joe Kinnear what money did they have not even there own ground + they always fought for every point alright they didnt win the premiership but they always went in to every game positive and they took a lot of points from big clubs .We cant do that now even in ANFIELD
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:45 am

If a player has been bought as a forward or striker and that player keeps failing to find the net despite playing almost every game, then he is a FAILURE.
This is the case of Heskey and Diouf, Liverpool's 2 most expensive players. Call it any way you like, Diouf has consistently failed to score and also failed to deliver enough goal converted assists in his present role as a wide player to be branded as a success. True, he may be adequate at his role because we don't have a more penetrative player in his present role but the fact remains that he is a failure if you compare him to Pires, Ljungberg, Giggs and Lampard who play in these attacking roles (but not as an out and out striker) but has provided more goals and assists to their respective clubs. in fact, some of them has played less games but still scores more than Diuof!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:49 pm

Diouf and Diao are gonna go to African Nations, so there will be chances for other players.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion