Diouf - I feel sorry for the guy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the great one » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:17 am

quotes from the skysports but i feel his words were taken out of contexts.

Controversial African El Hadji Diouf has claimed that he is only in professional football for the money.

The Senegal striker is on loan at Bolton from Liverpool, and is no stranger to controversy.

Diouf has been involved in spitting incidents while at both Liverpool and Bolton, and his on-field antics have seen him targeted by opposition fans.

The former African Player of the Year came to England in a big-money move from Lens, and he now says that he is only playing football for the money.

"I want only to pile up a lot of money to benefit my family," said Diouf.

"Afterwards, why not a career as a trainer?

"When I think of it, I want to be a cool coach - a little like Sam Allardyce or Bruno Metsu, who coached Senegal. For me they are two role models."

The 23-year-old seems to be already planning for life after his playing career, but his latest comments about money will not endear him any further to the English crowds.

Diouf has also been in trouble with his country Senegal, having been suspended for four games for violent conduct during the African Cup of Nations.

He has also been handed a six-month suspended ban by Senegal for being out in a nightclub the day before a World Cup qualifier.

Despite his bad boy reputation, Diouf insists that he is just a misunderstood character.

"When you see me for the first time you think I am arrogant - that perhaps comes from the way I walk or my clothes.

"Nobody will change me because I am myself. If I have something to say I will say it.

"However, people do not understand why I do that.

"I am a little misunderstood like Nicolas Anelka. Nico is one of the nicest people in the world."
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:18 am

yes I think that that is taken out of context, he wants to make money for his family, that is perfectly fine.

But I have little sympathey for Diouf, I am somewhat asahmed that he is associated with our club.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:11 am

No I don't feel sorry for him. How many times did he spit on a player?
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:25 am

Well he is helping his family Senegal from LEDC's but screw him anyway. Hopefully,  whatever club he goes after Bolton, lets hope he takes Salif Diao with him.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:33 am

I don't feel sorry for him, he's done it too many times not, he's just a stupid t1t who is trying to get symapthy :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:23 am

i feel sorry for him but he is a tit sometimes.
the spitting thing is a disgrace to the game but his reasons for lpaying are the most truthful ive heard ina l ong time
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:26 am

If he was that keen on making money, then he would not be wasting it with his off-field playboy antics, never mind all the fines and loss of wages resulting from his on-field behaviour.
The man's a disgrace, he should be shipped back home ASAP.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:14 am

there's nothing wrong with wanting to make money for your family. as far as i'm aware many players from 3rd world countries send the bulk of their earnings back to their families.

but to come out with statements like him - only in it for the money. outrageous. and then going on to claim he wants to be a successful coach, maybe like sam allardyce. he's nothing f*cking like sam allardyce and never will be.

el hadji diouf - F*CK OFF OUT OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL YOU ARROGANT UNTALENTED SPITTING W@NKER! :angry:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Djiin » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:24 am

diouf@serial spitter  :p
Djiin

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:41 am

I don't at all feel sorry for him, as he has been a cr@p player at Liverpool with his attitude and constant desire to try and dribble past 2 or 3 opponents when he used to play for us and end up giving away the ball (perhaps he thinks he is playing the local Sunday league).

As a metter of fact, I feel sorrier for Owen who keeps getting bashed by some of us after his comments are quoted in the news media. Give it a rest, guys, he was a good servant to Liverpool.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenc » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:43 am

The problem i have with the guy is that he's a waster. The guy has talent coming out of his wazoo. He's one of the more skillful players in the prem and at times showed it especially when played up front. He's just a grade a moron thats all.
Kenc

Postby coolsobs » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:12 pm

He's obviously not doing it for the money otherwise he wouldn't spit because that can only hamper his chances of getting more money.
coolsobs

Postby andy_g » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:18 pm

i don't think his mind works quite that logically somehow.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:49 am

He admitted he let himself down his teamates his manger and everyone at Bolton by spitting at that portsmouth player he now has to work even harder for his club :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:51 am

damn diouf is an amazing football player, we should of keeped him.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion