Diouf - I feel sorry for the guy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby akumaface » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:55 am

I just think his head is not straight. Maybe he had a bad childhood or something. He is just learning how to become a proper person and it will take times for sure. I think he was caught up in the moment when he spit but there should be no more excuse when it happened the second time.
I guess most LFC fan hated him (other than his attitude) because he costed a lot but contributed little. I think it wasn't his fault that he costed that much. I mean if someone pay any of you 10million quids, most of you would not reject the idea. It is also perfectly ok for him to make money for his family. I do not see any problem with that.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:24 am

The man is a turd. Any attempts to pretend otherwise are delusional in the extreme. Can anyone remember, ever, a worse deal in any transfer market.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby reddippydick » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:48 am

Footballers are paid a lot of dosh and are seen as role models for youngsters.

Diouf seems to fail to ackonwledge either of these and therefore he is failing others as well as himself. He either shapes up now or he will be shipped out.

Having said that football as an organisation is notoriously weak at sorting out problems that needs a set of balls especially when money is involved.

But not too worry the fans pick the tab up in the end, something that Diouf seems to have forgotten I feel.
reddippydick

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:16 am

he actually scored and got MOM on saturday - and is eating soooo much humble pie about his badness. we have to take him back now, don't we?

no we don't. he can still f*ck off.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:23 am

Well like it or not guy's he is a liverpool player out on loan.Yeah the spitting was bad really bad, but the guy does ooze talent as for his statements i take that with a pinch of salt i think with a strong manager behind him he will come good again,how many bad boys in football have we seen in the past thats all forgotten now, Anelka was enemy number one in the epl a few years back now he is a great talent who almost everyone here wants at Liverpool,i say call him back make him play till the end of the season if he is still bad ship him out on the cheap but i think he would come good myself ,Either way he is a liability to us at the moment his value is dropping every game and his bad attitude gets us labled whether he is here or not .
ronmeister

Postby ronmeister » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:10 pm

El-Hadji Diouf has spoken for the first time about the spitting incident which shamed football and admitted he had let Bolton down.

The Senegal striker served a three-match ban for the offence and was also fined two weeks wages by indignant manager Sam Allardyce. While he watched from the stand, Bolton lost all those games and six in total to go into free-fall, but against West Brom, Diouf went from zero to hero by grabbing a face-saving equaliser with five minutes remaining at the Reebok Stadium.

He remains haunted by the incident and the ban, however, imposed for spitting at Portsmouth's Arjan De Zeeuw, and said: "Before my suspension the team were playing well. Then I get banned for three games and they lose them all. It is my fault."

"I am sick for Sam as he gives me a lot of confidence. I am also sick for the rest of the staff and the supporters. I am trying to forget (what happened). It is no good for me, for my club and for my family. What I want to do is focus on football and how I can help the team."

Diouf, who is on loan from Liverpool until the end of the season, has indicated he would be happy to remain at Bolton.

He said: "This is a nice club. I don't have pressure here. I just enjoy playing football and scoring goals. I am playing alongside people like Jay-Jay Okocha, Fernando Hierro, Ivan Campo and Kevin Nolan. They are a friendly team. We have made a good start to the new year, now we need to build on this result."
Just read this and thought it may be of interest.
ronmeister

Postby liamac » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:32 pm

If this is the same Ron as me mate ,i remember we were talking about this the other day , and you do have a good point about taking him back..........
first........ it saves on much needed funds in buying another striker which can be used else where.

Second .....like you said ,take him back and under Raffa and with the support our strikers get  he will bag some goals for us

Third...... if that were to happen ,then his value would go up , maybe not alot but at least we could make some money back on him in the summer as he would more of an attrative buy.

Personally i cant stand the bloke , but we have to look at the greater good ....i.e. what is best  we can get for Liverpool from a very bad situation (diouf) , and if he can serve the team and make some money  then at least we recoup something rather than writing off 11million quid
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:27 pm

Even in our situation I find it hard to say bring him back. Spittin at players is gross....doin it at fans is deplorable. Don't matter whether the fans are ours or someone elses, they keep the game alive worldwide and maybe now he's startin to understand that. I do sympathise with him wantin to earn money for his family tho, I do the same for mine and dont feel ashamed for it. Jus a shame I get a year what he maybe makes in a week!
If the chances of gettin him back are good, we're not in a position to say no I guess, and maybe as has been said, it could put some money in the bank come summer.
Still feels like we're forgivin the dirty batsard too quick tho :(
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:47 pm

bigmick wrote:The man is a turd. Any attempts to pretend otherwise are delusional in the extreme. Can anyone remember, ever, a worse deal in any transfer market.

Perfectly summed up Bigmick
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gabbyh » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:18 pm

Sorry. I am sure Rafa would have had him back by now, considering our problems. Therefore I don't think having Diouf back is an option. The same goes for Le Tallec and any other player Rafa has been pleased to leave on loan to other teams. Rafa will bring them back to the first team IF their attitude improves and he thinks they are good enough, NOT because we as a team are desperate for cheap replacements.
gabbyh

Postby the great one » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:04 am

I hope he stays at Bolton cus 95% of Liverpool supporters h8 him for some reason ??? and his playing in a club where they aren't alot of pressure and his playing well with the supporter who Actually like him :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:10 am

the great one wrote:I hope he stays at Bolton cus 95% of Liverpool supporters h8 him for some reason ???

do you really need reasons, they are quite obvious I thought -hate is a strong word anyway, dislike perhaps.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:17 am

LFC #1 wrote:
the great one wrote:I hope he stays at Bolton cus 95% of Liverpool supporters h8 him for some reason ???

do you really need reasons, they are quite obvious I thought -hate is a strong word anyway, dislike perhaps.

I don't see how u can hate same one u don't actually know yeh alot of people don't like him but hate is a strong word for someone u don't know.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:19 am

exactly, dislike, end of!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:20 am

the great one wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

I don't see how u can hate same one u don't actually know yeh alot of people don't like him but hate is a strong word for someone u don't know.

Hate's a soft word as far as Diouf's concerned, he's a c*nt. Nothing more, nothing less.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion