DIEGO CAVALIERI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kukilon » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:03 pm

How good is he with crosses? From the youtube clips he looks like an excellent shotstopper.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:07 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
metalhead wrote:We sold Itandje for 2m, and we bought another keeper for 3m.

Basically we spent 1m quid.

how much did we pay for Itandje in the first place?

No idea

Anyways, as someone said before, I think it was John Craig, that we really need a good backup GK because if Reina gets injured we seriously can't put itandje because he is sh*te.

I hope he turns out to be a good GK for us and he may end up playing some premiership games, who knows.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:11 pm

woof woof ! wrote:What is it with Rafa and 'keepers I've lost count of how many have been signed since Rafa arrived, is it 4 or 5 ?

So far...

Pepe Reina, Scott Carson, David Martin, Martin Hansen, Nikolay Mihaylov, Peter Gulacsi, Charles Itandje.

Diego Cavalieri becomes the 8th keeper Rafa has signed (admittedly most of the above are youth team members
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:What is it with Rafa and 'keepers I've lost count of how many have been signed since Rafa arrived, is it 4 or 5 ?

So far...

Pepe Reina, Scott Carson, David Martin, Martin Hansen, Nikolay Mihaylov, Peter Gulacsi, Charles Itandje.

Diego Cavalieri becomes the 8th keeper Rafa has signed (admittedly most of the above are youth team members

:laugh: , Jeezuz, worse than I thought, whats Rafa doin' with them all, are half of them buried under his patio ?.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:31 pm

our new goalkeeper in action

Looks a good shot stopper, not sure if he can catch a ball though :D
account deleted by request

Postby andy_g » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:54 pm

s@int wrote:our new goalkeeper in action

Looks a good shot stopper, not sure if he can catch a ball though :D

yeah, not a whole lot of catching going on. one thing he does well though is that rather than just concentrate on blocking the shot - which it looks like he's pretty good at - he makes sure that the ball goes well away from the goal. there's no bouncing it back into any attacker following in. (at least, not in the 1 minute 30 seconds of the video i could be bothered watching... why do people put such sh!te music over football videos on youtube??)

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:05 pm

looks like a good signing... we need a good 2nd keeper anyway... rafa is at fault for having only itandje as a back up keeper now rafa is again at fault for findin a better alternative... :;):
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Redman in wales wrote:

So far...

And there was that Daniele Padelli lad.  Thankfully, we only had him on loan.  I swear, Rafa will field an entire team of CMs and keepers if he could. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:24 pm

checked out some youtube clips of him... not gonna say anything lest i might jinx him... but i'm quite pleased...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Redman in wales wrote:

So far...

and Dean Bouzanis     and we just signed 16 year old keeper Deale Chamberlin
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:42 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

So far...

And there was that Daniele Padelli lad.  Thankfully, we only had him on loan.  I swear, Rafa will field an entire team of CMs and keepers if he could. :D

Padelli was worse than Itandje.

I think this guy is meant to replace both Carson and Itandje so 3 mil isn't too bad. Should have some good resale value, should be happy enough to be in a big Euro club, has some shot stopping talent.  I think this should allow us to loan out David Martin for a few years to gain experience, so when this guy finally asks to leave for 1st team footie after impressing in the domestic cup runs, Martin will be experienced enough to be Rafa's #2 for a few years while we send Bouzanis or Gulacsi on loan and just keep the cycle going until Reina is 35  :D
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:52 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

So far...

I think this guy is meant to replace both Carson and Itandje so 3 mil isn't too bad. Should have some good resale value, should be happy enough to be in a big Euro club, has some shot stopping talent.  I think this should allow us to loan out David Martin for a few years to gain experience, so when this guy finally asks to leave for 1st team footie after impressing in the domestic cup runs, Martin will be experienced enough to be Rafa's #2 for a few years while we send Bouzanis or Gulacsi on loan and just keep the cycle going until Reina is 35  :D

Remember Padelli against Charlton, I think.  He was appalling but, to be fair, he didn't get too many cracks of the whip.  Oh well. :D

I like your timeline, Joe, but where does the Romanian bloke fit into all of this (since you seem to have your finger on the pulse of the ressies and youth teams)? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:00 pm

I don't really have a problem with the fee, as long as it doesn't inhibit our ability to sign players in positions of much higher priority.

Reg says he's the new Dino Zoff so I can't imagine him being another Itandje.
LFC2007

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:54 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

So far...

Remember Padelli against Charlton, I think.  He was appalling but, to be fair, he didn't get too many cracks of the whip.  Oh well. :D

I like your timeline, Joe, but where does the Romanian bloke fit into all of this (since you seem to have your finger on the pulse of the ressies and youth teams)? ???

you mean the Bulgarian Mihaylov?

Signed him last summer immediately went on loan to FC Twente last year. Couldn't get a game there, sometimes not even the keeper on the bench  :(  Famous for a howler in the champions league while at Levski Sofia.  His loan has been extended for another year. He is having British work permit problems. He has one cap for Bulgaria. He is still only 20 years old, and was featured in some world soccer magazine last summer as one of the top 50 teenagers to look out for. Gerardo Bruna was on the list as well. He has good size 6'4" and comes from a good goalkeeping pedigre, and has a reputation for being a natural shot stopper, but also for partying too much and not having the best of attitudes, His girlfriend is Bulgarian playmate  Nikoleta Lozanova

JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:57 pm

JoeTerp wrote:you mean the Bulgarian Mihaylov?

Signed him last summer immediately went on loan to FC Twente last year. Couldn't get a game there, sometimes not even the keeper on the bench  :(  Famous for a howler in the champions league while at Levski Sofia.  His loan has been extended for another year. He is having British work permit problems. He has one cap for Bulgaria. He is still only 20 years old, and was featured in some world soccer magazine last summer as one of the top 50 teenagers to look out for. Gerardo Bruna was on the list as well. He has good size 6'4" and comes from a good goalkeeping pedigre, and has a reputation for being a natural shot stopper, but also for partying too much and not having the best of attitudes, His girlfriend is Bulgarian playmate  Nikoleta Lozanova

Feck it, I'm calling you Terpipedia from now on!  :laugh:
Last edited by Bad Bob on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion