Didi hamman, - Legend, hard man

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:17 pm

Hamman is a better player than Makelele. And lets face it to be better at this kind of roll than him is saying something - Didi is better on the ball, a better tackler and a better passer of the ball.
Last edited by crazyhorse on Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:53 pm

hamman is not only a legend but "the kaiser" as well,and jurgen klinnsman is a fool for  continuing to discard him for the german team
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:41 pm

Dont forget he came on as a sub in the Champs League final, broke his foot, set up the second goal, and scored the first penalty. Champion! True champion.
Last edited by el_stinger on Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:43 pm

el_stinger wrote:Dont forget he came on as a sub in the Champs League final, broke his foot, set up the second penalty, and scored the first penalty. Champion! True champion.

You mean set up the second goal not penalty.  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:50 am

If Dietmar "Kaiser" Hamann had been knocking about around 1940 we would all be speaking German now :D

But thankfully we're not and he wasn't. Instead fate would decree that he ply his hard man trade playing for our beloved REDS. The most under rated player we have had for a long long time and a model professional. Against Betis the other week he returned to the Liverpool side after a spell out of the team and was superb. Last night he and Sissoko outfought , outbattled and outwitted the limited Lampard and an increasingly frustrated Essien.

Essien an hard man ? your having a laugh :D Dietmar eats his sort for breakfast :O
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:03 am

While hamann has always been appreciated by true reds as a magnificent player I think that now as his career winds down we'll start to realise that he wasnt just another excellent midfielder (and our club has had a LOT of those) he was one of the true legends of the club.  Perhaps not with the gods of lfc like Rush, Daglish, Shankly etc. but when he's gone we will all consider him to be a great player and most importantly, one of the best PEOPLE ever to wear a red shirt. 
I, like others here, hope he can add that one last trophy to his cabinet with us.  Lets appreciate him while he's here because we WILL miss him when hes gone.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:18 am

mighty mo wrote:hamman is not only a legend but "the kaiser" as well,and jurgen klinnsman is a fool for  continuing to discard him for the german team

Didi retired from International football in order to focus on L.F.C. He was supposed to play btw.  :bowdown
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby DZed » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:53 am

This post has clearly shown how much we love this guy. I've always thought he was class and still do. He is with out a shadow of a doubt a Liverpool legend!

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown 
DZed

Postby el_stinger » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:25 am

A.B. wrote:
el_stinger wrote:Dont forget he came on as a sub in the Champs League final, broke his foot, set up the second penalty, and scored the first penalty. Champion! True champion.

You mean set up the second goal not penalty.  :D

oh whoops  :D   :p
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:27 am

Yeah, thats what I said ???

LOL i edited it :D
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:45 am

We all know what a fantastic player Didi is.

Have a read at this, extracted from Guardian, on Mourinho's "fair" player, Essien:

Essien, 23 last Saturday, can seldom have encountered such negative publicity. Before his £24.4m move to Stamford Bridge from Lyon last summer he enjoyed adulation and admiration in almost equal measure. Regarded by fans as the beating heart of the side that scooped successive titles in 2004 and 2005, he also landed the player-of-the-year award in France's Championnat. But if he is to follow that up with this season's Premiership laurels he will probably have to do without the votes of Hamann and Ben Haim.

"Essien is a great player and a fair player," the Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho said after the Ben Haim incident. "He has an incredible record on disciplinary issues. He is a very clean player."

Indeed, Essien did not come to England with a reputation for thuggishness. "At Lyon he sometimes had this game that was hard and he could do big fouls," said L'Equipe's editor-in-chief Jean-Michel Rouet. "He was always aggressive and had a hard-man image but I am sure that in absolutely no case he would set out to hurt an opponent. He takes risks on the pitch but he is not the nasty type."

None the less, Essien's disciplinary record last season stuck out like Hamann's sore shin. Lyon won France's fair play league despite, not because of him. In total the French champions picked up one red card and 54 yellow cards. Fourteen of those cautions belonged to Essien and his was the sole dismissal. He picked up another red card, ironically, in the pre-season Peace Cup.

"He has a double personality. He's very timid, very reserved and very nice; sometimes he just doesn't know his own strength," said Rouet. None the less, Essien often acted as his team's lightning conductor. In 37 matches, 25 yellow cards were distributed for fouls against him. "He was the most fouled against, more than the attackers. But he knows he's got a physical game himself and he takes what he dishes out," Rouet added.

Something he will have found harder to swallow is the media criticism. At his first press conference in England he mumbled his words so softly that even the microphones could not pick them up. Though disguised on the pitch, timidity is his most recognisable trait; indeed he is a self-confessed mummy's boy.

"She is the person I listen to the most," Essien has said. "She keeps advising me to remain modest, to respect everyone and not to do anything silly. I do not like being at the centre of things; I prefer listening to being heard. I would rather look than be seen. I am a real shy one; everyone says so and I can't do a thing about it."

Essien's cards

At Lyon

2004-05 (Championnat only)

Matches 37; Red cards 1; Yellow cards 14

Lyon team total: Matches 38; Red card 1; Yellow cards 54

At Chelsea

2005-06 (Premiership only)

Matches 14; Red cards 0; Yellow cards 2

Chelsea team total: Matches 15; Red cards 0; Yellow cards 25
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:19 am

I agree with everything said about Hamman especially about his status at the club after he no longer plays. Would like to add that Hamman was also the main reason a very average Germany side made the final at the last World Cup.

Essien is a dirty b@stard and it is shocking that I have seen him try to break a player's leg twice and both times he did not get so much as a verbal warning.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:42 am

You must really be worried
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:51 am

ReaL MadRid GaLaTicOs wrote:why should i be worried???

Because all that money you spent and you cannot even win your own league. If I were you I would not tell anyone you support Real, because it must be embarrasing.

It is about good sportsmanship, and I am just trying to help AMIGO
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:00 am

This Real Madrid C*nt has a thing about Benitez...now we know.

Benitez beat his expensive-laden lazy gits to 2 La Liga titles and now Rijkaard is donig it with 2 players Madrid could have had and rejected - Eto'o and the passed up because he is "too ugly to sell shirts" Ronaldinho.

He's probably only 10 and needs a dictionary to type in English.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion