Didi considering his options - Hamman may head back home

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:10 pm

Sky Sports website is reporting :

Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann has revealed he would consider a move back to former club Bayern Munich.

The German international has been linked with a move back to his homeland for some time, with Bayern keen on bringing him back to Die Bundesliga.

Hamann has just over a year to run on his contract at Anfield and as yet no new deal has been offered.

With Gerard Houllier losing his job Hamann's future is up in the air, as talks will not take place until a new manager is appointed, and the former Newcastle ace admitted he would be tempted by a return to Bayern.

"If Bayern should actually show interest, I will of course have to think very seriously about accepting an offer," said Hamann.

"There are only four or five clubs in the world of the calibre of Bayern Munich."

It remains to be seen if Liverpool's new boss sees Hamann in his future plans at the club and if he does not he could be sold in the summer rather than risk losing him for nothing next year.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:20 pm

i would seriously consider letting hamann go if we could get either hargreaves or ballack in exchange. hamann has been brilliant for liverpoll fc, one of houllier's best signings infact.

however i feel that the time has come for him to move on if our side wants to move forward. houlliers incessant knack of playing him infront of the back four even at home games was restricting our attacking options. in the modern era you shouldn't need someone to protect your back four if the defenders are good enough.

p.s. only let him go if we have a replacement lined up!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:36 pm

yeah tara.   he was pants anyway.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:39 pm

eh? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:47 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Sky Sports website is reporting :

Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann has revealed he would consider a move back to former club Bayern Munich.

"If Bayern should actually show interest, I will of course have to think very seriously about accepting an offer," said Hamann.

"There are only four or five clubs in the world of the calibre of Bayern Munich."

Do you think he was having a dig here ? 'cause I don't think we are in those 4/5 clubs.
Has been a good player for us, we've probably had the best of him,I'd let him go if we had a better option lined up, preferably someone who doesn't keep fking blinking  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby banana » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:56 pm

Dietmar Hamann has been our best player over the last 5 years. His runs and his tackles have been wonderful to watch. He is comfortable on the ball and has a cool head. He will be hard to replace.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:24 pm

banana wrote:Dietmar Hamann has been our best player over the last 5 years. His runs and his tackles have been wonderful to watch. He is comfortable on the ball and has a cool head. He will be hard to replace.

I agree he would be hard to replace but I would say that hyypia has been our best player ???
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:29 pm

hamann and hyypia have been houllier's best signings for this club. hamann is just the model professional, nothing flash. hyypia played every minute of every game last season which is some achievement. he is also a player who has found his form again after an alarming dip after losing the captaincy.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:36 pm

The last thing I'd want for Didi would be a move to a mediocre team, as that'd undermine how good a player he is and has been.

Bayern would be a great move for him. He's still quality, but like other posters have said, he's too good to leave out of the team, but not versatile enough to incorporate without holding back our attacking options. I'll be sad to see him go (he was up there with McAllister and Hyypia as the pick of our team during the treble season), but so long as he's not put out to pasture I'm sure he'll have a few good playing years yet.

And obviously, a move to Bayern would sweeten them up if we did end up moving for Hargreaves.
ivor_the_injun

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:35 pm

with hamann only having 1 yr left on his contract he'd walk on a bosman next summer anyway. the guy will be 32 by then so it's time for him to move on aslong as we bring a central midfielder in during the summer.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:37 pm

He's done a good job but is getting on and it would probably be a good time to cash him in for a few million.

He doesn't create much but is good defensively. I think it is time for him to go. He won't be worth anything in a couple of years.

I don't think we were in the top 4 in the world, unless Manu, arsenal and Chelsea were the other 3
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:52 pm

If anything, we should offer him to Bayern with some cash in exchange with OG or MB :)
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:55 pm

just read ballack is off to barcelona next season so we'll take hargreaves thank you very much! :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:55 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:If anything, we should offer him to Bayern with some cash in exchange with OG or MB :)

Not wanting to point out anyone simple mistakes but do you mean OH? or is there another player you would have from BM
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:14 pm

Sorry I meant OH :)
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion