Defense of benitez - A look into the future

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:42 am

Well correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Benitez inherit a side that included Dudek, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore, Riise, Gerrard, Hamman, Cisse, Baros, Kewell and Smicer, all of whom were in the team that won the european cup, so it couldn't of been a bad side to start off from, and it's since the majority of these players have left and been replaced with Benitez' signings that we've gone backwards.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:44 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Well correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Benitez inherit a side that included Dudek, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore, Riise, Gerrard, Hamman, Cisse, Baros, Kewell and Smicer, all of whom were in the team that won the european cup, so it couldn't of been a bad side to start off from, and it's since the majority of these players have left and been replaced with Benitez' signings that we've gone backwards.

loooooool you really are a ti.t if you think our team has gone backwards
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:44 am

It's amazing how with those players, Benitez actually managed to win the Champions League.
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:57 am

So we've not gone backwards. OK. The fact that we are 5th shows we have. The fact that we have fans desperate to see the back of the managr proves we have. The fact we're lucky to be in any competition at all proves we have.

And yes Benitez won the champions league, but it was with the players Houllier left, that's my point. It may of been a change of management which won us the competition, but it was the same players, alls I'm saying is the players were good enough to win the champions league, and therefore not a bad squad to inherit.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:16 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:So we've not gone backwards. OK. The fact that we are 5th shows we have. The fact that we have fans desperate to see the back of the managr proves we have. The fact we're lucky to be in any competition at all proves we have.

And yes Benitez won the champions league, but it was with the players Houllier left, that's my point. It may of been a change of management which won us the competition, but it was the same players, alls I'm saying is the players were good enough to win the champions league, and therefore not a bad squad to inherit.

loool u tool were in 5th at the moment

we finnished 5th with that team u mentioned
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:19 am

RedBlood wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:So we've not gone backwards. OK. The fact that we are 5th shows we have. The fact that we have fans desperate to see the back of the managr proves we have. The fact we're lucky to be in any competition at all proves we have.

loool u tool were in 5th at the moment

we finnished 5th with that team u mentioned

So we've not gone backwards. OK. The fact that we are 5th shows we have.

Am I reading something different from you? I do believe this is the point hes making.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:21 am

RedBlood I don't like to critice fellow fans for their views, and I suppose I'm not having a go at your views, just you're a joke, and seem to have no concept of the game of football or have the ability to read correctly.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:26 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:RedBlood I don't like to critice fellow fans for their views, and I suppose I'm not having a go at your views, just you're a joke, and seem to have no concept of the game of football or have the ability to read correctly.

looool basically you have no argyment

your a clown go buy kevin phillips loooooool
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:31 am

I have no arguement?

OK you seem to be happy with us finishing 5th, well I'm not. I saw us lift title and title in the 70s n 80s so it probably hurts me more than most. But you are like the majority of current day "fans" happy as long as we win a trophy or beat Everton, well there's a bit more to it than that. But if you're happy finishing 5th and think 5th is a step forwards from what we were, all credit to you.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:37 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I have no arguement?

OK you seem to be happy with us finishing 5th, well I'm not. I saw us lift title and title in the 70s n 80s so it probably hurts me more than most. But you are like the majority of current day "fans" happy as long as we win a trophy or beat Everton, well there's a bit more to it than that. But if you're happy finishing 5th and think 5th is a step forwards from what we were, all credit to you.

when did i say i was happy with 5th u fuc.king idiot go to bed
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:41 am

well you seem to think 5th is an improvement--on what? the 97/98 season where we finished 7th? or last season when we finished 3rd? where's the improvement. You're meant to improve every season, dropping from 3rd to 5th is NOT an improvement, but you think it is.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:43 am

when did i ever say 5th was an improvement?

you need help mate i think your mixing my comments with the voices in your head
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:49 am

well when you think that we're 5th and that's not backwards, it sort of indercates 5th is an improvement.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:53 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:well when you think that we're 5th and that's not backwards, it sort of indercates 5th is an improvement.

the season isnt finnished u ti.t i fully expect us to finnish in the top 4 and challenge for a cup double
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:57 am

ok... let me try to stick to the topic...

despite our recent form and the league position, I believe that rafa has what it takes to bring us back the league title. He might need to do certain changes.

1. I'm NOT of the opinion that rafa's rotation/tinkering mentality is completely useless like some would have it on here. However he needs to do it abit less and abit smarter in the league. Against lower oppositions, do not over strategise too much... go for the strongest most attacking line up and annihilate the opposition. Let them worry about us. In europe, however, rafa seems to know what he's doing so I don't really mind his flexible tactical system there... and maybe against the stronger teams like man u, arsenal and chelsea he could still strategise.

2. Get rid of the players who are not good enough... these include kewell, voronin, crouch, kuyt (I have to admit here since i was a supporter of kuyt) and pennant (abit of a grey area with pennant but it seems like his level will be capped at 'decent' without becoming world class). I would still keep riise for his versatility and his cheap pay check :p. I would keep benayoun as well as he's proven to be very versatile and can even play as a decent second striker.

3. sign Masherano permanently

4. sell Alonso... I like him alot and he's a world class player but he will become a surplus to requirement if we sign masherano permanently... plus we will need some money if we are to overhaul like I will mention below

5. Strengthen the squad and this time focus on our weak areas: Get a top class second striker like van der vaart or diego and/or another striker (not necessarily the second striker role) like podolski or klose. With babel and benayoun as back up second strikers, this should be enough.

6. Get two top class wingers one left one right. Babel and benayoun can also play as wingers... so depending on form the wing positions can be chosen from these 4.

That's it....5 out 4 in... and we'll have a squad as strong as any...

6. If we can't overhaul that much, I will sell voronin and kuyt/crouch (depending on who gets more money) and alonso get a top second striker and a winger...

note that i'm selling more and buying less because I'm guessing that the yanks won't give rafa that much money...plus we need to sign mascherano as well...

We were very competitive at the start of the season and there's no reason why we won't be challenging for the title the next season even if we finish 4th or 5th this season. Arsenal struggled the same way last season as well and now look at how strong they are... if our new players like masherano, lucas, babel, benayoun and skrtel continue to improve even further and we have agger back to full fitness, we will be very very strong...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion