Defense of benitez - A look into the future

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:48 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:
zarababe wrote:BRING IN BIG SAM - THAT'S WHO THESE DESERVE

Errr,  Zara, please explain.

i believe what it is saying is because we want rafa out after 4 years of failure in the premiership it makes us NO BETTER THAN FICKLE NEWCASTLE FANS
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:51 pm

I would like to think that Rafa is not a dumb person, he couldn't be and also win as much as he has.  Maybe throwing out all his principles of football isn't needed, but he must realize that SOMETHING has to be done differently, I would suggest that Rafa go on some serious football soul searching this summer, with another summer of full backing, and making him sell a few players as well, and give him one more shot.  The team isn't good enough to win the league anyway no matter who our manager is, so I am good with rafa getting another crack at it this summer to find the right league formula to challenge
JoeTerp

Postby heimdall » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:02 pm

puroresu wrote:
DAV wrote:Be interesting after the sunderland game.
I no we are :censored: but i'm sure even we can beet them. After the game all the RB supporters will be on here saying how things have changed and how much better we are, and how the people against him are morans and should F off. Just the normal abuse we get for having an opinion.

exactly right

Yes and we should all go and support another team as well because we are not proper fans  :D  :D
I'm glad to see that these days more and more people are starting to realise that Rafa is not quite all that he was cracked up to be, I think we should try and get Pako as the manager, I'm being serious.

Isn't weird that none of the happy clappy rose tinted brigade have actually posted on here yet  :wwww
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:04 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I would like to think that Rafa is not a dumb person, he couldn't be and also win as much as he has.  Maybe throwing out all his principles of football isn't needed, but he must realize that SOMETHING has to be done differently, I would suggest that Rafa go on some serious football soul searching this summer, with another summer of full backing, and making him sell a few players as well, and give him one more shot.  The team isn't good enough to win the league anyway no matter who our manager is, so I am good with rafa getting another crack at it this summer to find the right league formula to challenge

The summer is too late, at the present rate by that time we won't even be in the bloody Uefa Cup, I am just as scared about our on field performances as the ownership problems.

We are in a big mess and the only solution is to get rid of Rafa or at least bring in an assistant immediately, after that we can refocus on getting rid of the American fools.
heimdall

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:07 pm

:laugh:

RIDICULOUS!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:19 pm

Well.........................i'd love to defend Rafa and say he will bring us some glory in the not so distant future. However, sadly i don't see it. I don't believe his policy of rotation, unless other managers go the same way, is going to bring us domestic glory. OK, maybe the odd Carling Cup or 2, but we don't even look like winning even the FA Cup. So what chance has the league got? Players only improve with consistancy, he can bring in an  assistant and it won't help, unless there's a change in policy.
We've had the CL, recently so we need now to end the, what will be 19 yr wait, for the league. I see Arsenals second tram beating us at the minute.
Sorry Rafa but needs must and that includes a change of plan by Rafa or we need a new manager.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:22 pm

I wont be surprised if that happens when Rafa is sacked.
I can see us getting Big sam, McClaren or perhaps some American "soccer coach".
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:25 pm

Bring back...."King Kenny" ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:25 pm

mart wrote:............McClaren or perhaps some American "soccer coach".

LOL :bowdown
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:27 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Bring back...."King Kenny" ???

till the end of the season.
puroresu

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:31 pm

puroresu Posted on Jan. 31 2008,16:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (REDTILLDEAD @ Jan. 31 2008,16:25)
Bring back...."King Kenny" 

Youve all lost yer frekkin minds
burjennio

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:34 pm

burjennio wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mean like Rafa? ???
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:46 pm

REDTILLDEAD Posted on Jan. 31 2008,16:34
Quote (burjennio @ Jan. 31 2008,16:31)

You mean like Rafa? 

you're talkin about bringing back a guy that hasn't managed in almost 10 years. That is idiotic, regardless if it is Daglish or not

Benitez has hardly lost his mind. he was persisting with Kuyt well before the spat with the owners. He always played Kewell when he was fit. We know the problems at the club and they can be attributed to many factors and people. Benitez yes. Owners yes. Players yes. Get it together guys hounding out the manager will only make things alot worse
burjennio

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:58 pm

OK, seeing as this thread has been hijacked by the anti's, here goes nothing:

I believe that Rafa, given the time and resources, will do the following in the Summer:

1. Release/sell the players who are under-performing. (We've seen this in the past with Morientes, Cisse, Nunez, etc, etc) I.E. Riise, Kewell, Voronin, Crouch, and probably even Kuyt.

2. Buy a new, top striker with a genuine goal threat - someone like David Villa, who compliments Torres at International level.

3. Buy at least 1 more striker who can offer us something. Someone like Benni McCarthy, who is coming to the end of his career, but can still offer us a season or two of steady goals. A "Henrik Larrson", if you will.

4. I think Rafa will try and sign Alves, Joaquin, or another top-drawer wide player. Remember, the only reason we didn't sign someone of this standard before, is that the funds were not available. If they are now, I see no reason why Benitez wouldn't attempt to get them.

5. Aimar. We've been linked with him, and Rafa knows all about his game from his days at Valencia. Instantly, we'd have a much greater ability to unlock defences, and turn draws into wins, and losses into draws.

6. Ryan Babel. Within the next 2 seasons, I envisage that the little Dutchman will grow into his role on the left wing, and become one of the brightest stars in the Premiership. He's said himself that he's not yet up to playing regularly for 90 minutes, and that this is a bedding-in season.
Why should we doubt his and the gaffer's words?

7. I believe he'll finally sort out our troublesome leftback position with the acquisition of a genuine talent - someone such as Lahm.

I know there are those who will rubbish this post - there always will be braindead imbeciles.

But these are the things Rafa has tried to do in the past, only to be thwarted by the price-tags and politics. Why wouldn't he try again now, knowing we have the money?
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:02 pm

I hope this is not going to turn into another "five year plan"?.....how long does Rafa want?...by the time he gets it right on the pitch the manc scum will have beaten our title record!. I cant see the yanks giving rafa any more money to waste on buying average players, they will fire him come summer. :nod
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion