Defence for the future - Peltier palleta agger warnock

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:44 pm

agger is going to be the best defender in Europe...and Palletta is an animal......watch this lad hes going to be brilliant
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:38 pm

Agger would walk into most defences in the Prem at the moment. It says a lot about Sami and Carra that his appearances have been limited this season so far.

I'd have him and Sami against Arsenal, and I think it's going to be interesting with Sissoko out what Rafa does with with Carragher for the next few months. There's a definite case to be made for having Carra in between defence and midfield, particularly if Rafa's so set on having Gerrard on the right.

Potential midfield...

Carra
Gerrard                               Garcia
                          Alonso

Although that said, I think we're going to see a lot of Zenden in the coming months.

Sorry, taking it off topic slightly. My basic point is that Agger's great and has a big part to play this season. Peltier and Paletta are still at least 12 months away from serious contention, but look like they could do a job in the meantime if injuries hit. Warnock's sporadically very good, but with Riise and Aurelio both excellent options for LB, you do wonder if he has a long-term future at the club.
ivor_the_injun

Postby peterc1992 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:54 pm

nah sorry but i dont think soo
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion