Dear dudek & paletta . . .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tel » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:26 am

Pretty tough judgement on Paletta after one game.

Dudek we've know for years is a dud.

We'll have a solid champions league run and a lot of people on here will change their tune. From memory, we were slagging off Rafa when we were knocked out of the Carling cup the same year we won in Instanbul.

I'm positive we're going to go through against barcelona. They've been very poor in the group stages, and without Etto, they're a different team.

We beat Barca, the squad will have confidence to go all the way. Lots of fresh legs and keen minds without domestic cup competitions
tel

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:50 am

Bellamy plays on the shoulder and will always be offside sometimes

Always be offside sometimes :laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:38 am

Paletta struggles when he's isolated against pace.

Butnameme acentre-half who doesn't.

The fact is, we were outdone by a shocking goalkeeping display, pace and passing last night.

Their slowest person would have given Bellamy a run for his money.

Now stop jabbering bullsh*t.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:13 am

i think you should send dudek his p45...

you know we have always taken stick off you lot for our poor defence and we take it in the good natured way that its intended but  me you were rubbish last night.. 9 goals scored against you in 2 games is shocking.....
and you know it aswell...  well done for leaving at half time though.showed liverpools "world famous" supporters are as fickle as the rest..:p

Thanks, but when you win something more substantial than the Intertoto Cup, then we'll take advice from Newcastle fans.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:39 am

tel wrote:Pretty tough judgement on Paletta after one game.

Dudek we've know for years is a dud.

We'll have a solid champions league run and a lot of people on here will change their tune. From memory, we were slagging off Rafa when we were knocked out of the Carling cup the same year we won in Instanbul.

I'm positive we're going to go through against barcelona. They've been very poor in the group stages, and without Etto, they're a different team.

We beat Barca, the squad will have confidence to go all the way. Lots of fresh legs and keen minds without domestic cup competitions

Its not just one game though is it. Every time he has made any appearance this season he has look out of his depth. Zach Whitbread looked so much better in every game he played 2 seasons ago than Paletta has looked for us.

Tuesday night proved he has more than a little work to do and I honestly think he'll never make a premiership quality centre-back.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:59 am

destro wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Smeg wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Crouchamania wrote:Well it all boils down to this. Would you rather (hypotetically) have a young striker whos barely played a game in his career at first team and who wouldnt have much confidence or somebody who has a lot of experience and despite his age and slowness is one of the best finishers in the history of the game.

Make your own mind up. ???

Fowler has no future in top flight football...he's too slow for the Premiership and too unfit for much else.

I'd rather have someone with a future...not someone whose being paid 30k a week to play in the reserves.

Do you know why he doesn't play for Liverpool?  its because he can't run and has the fitness of a 40 year old....if you want 'legends' at the club, then why not get rush back?  i'm sure he's still a quality finisher!  :laugh:

He scored last night you fucking gimp.

The whoppers follwing this club now...

Fowler got a tap in and then vanished from the match for the rest of the game...woopy f**king doo!

What about his clear header he sent to row M of the kop from 4 yards? or his long passes that ALL went out of play?

Bottom line is, he's not good enough...not even the reserves and this needs to be addressed.

Why have ageing and past it players at our club?  If they arn't good enough and don't have a future...they should be let go and thats what i would do with Fowler and Dudek.  That would save at least 60k a week alone.

Hes not going to score from every chance he gets ( name a player that does ) Do all of Alonsos or Stevies long balls reach their targets everytime ?. As old as he is i would rather see him in the area when a cross comes in than ANY other forward we have at the moment.

His goalscoring ability is pure natural talent it cant be taught. Teddy Sheringham wasnt blessed with pace and wasnt one to be seen running at players with the ball yet managed to be prolific and even now give him a chance in the box and he will stick it away most of the time. Larsson is 35 and yet he hasnt lost his natural talent of scoring goals.

People slate Crouch and say if only we had Bellamy or Kuyt on the end of that chance, well i think the same if its Kuyt,Bellamy or Crouch. With Robbie you know its not just about the money, its not as if he needs it. We know Rafa is a sentimental sod ( dudek in istanbul ) and that Robbie was never going to be our leading scorer ( more down to lack of games than chances by the way ).

Even when his contract is up i would love to see him stay on a coach teaching our forwards how to finish

The difference is Larsson and Sheringham have looked after themself and both are fitter than Fowler.

I agree that Fowler is still the best finisher in the club but at the top level does he still have the sharpness to get into the right positions?
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:03 am

Elchris wrote:we need to loan these youth player to other clubs in the premiership or to the championship...just look at palleta he was like a piece of paper so lightweight n got really worked out by aliadiere........
but u could see the boy had quality i like the way the boy tackles juz need to be abit strong on his ground i can cleary see he is going to biig in the future
mayb liverpool should hire a rugby or american football physical coach for the player to train with   :p

as for dudek ...as long he keep stayin in liverpool he's heroics in istanbul will fade away

The question is what teams want to get the players on loan?  Arsenal are lucky in the fact pretty much every championship side would take there kids on loan.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:00 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Crouchamania wrote:Well it all boils down to this. Would you rather (hypotetically) have a young striker whos barely played a game in his career at first team and who wouldnt have much confidence or somebody who has a lot of experience and despite his age and slowness is one of the best finishers in the history of the game.

Fowler has no future in top flight football...he's too slow for the Premiership and too unfit for much else.

I'd rather have someone with a future...not someone whose being paid 30k a week to play in the reserves.

Do you know why he doesn't play for Liverpool?  its because he can't run and has the fitness of a 40 year old....if you want 'legends' at the club, then why not get rush back?  i'm sure he's still a quality finisher!  :laugh:

You said that before he re-signed last season and he rammed it back up ye @rse.
He is bound to lack match sharpness when he hasnt played, yet scores nearly every time he is selected, he has great movement and intelligence and brings others into play.
I know he isnt fit enough to play all of the time but he should be played far more than he is.

We've heard it all from you before lad and you were proved wrong, Robbie is a fantastic footballer and we are lucky to have him back.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:19 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

You said that before he re-signed last season and he rammed it back up ye @rse.
He is bound to lack match sharpness when he hasnt played, yet scores nearly every time he is selected, he has great movement and intelligence and brings others into play.
I know he isnt fit enough to play all of the time but he should be played far more than he is.

We've heard it all from you before lad and you were proved wrong, Robbie is a fantastic footballer and we are lucky to have him back.

as far as im concerned, he's not good enough, because he's lost his pace and fitness.  Rafa won't pick him for the Premier league matches for this reason and thats why his chances are so few and far now.

Against the Arsenal kids...Fowler looked awful, and i personally expect to see him given a free transfer in the summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:54 pm

So you dont even recognise the fact that he could offer our other strikers and younger players the chance to learn from him in a coaching capacity ?

The tap in you mentioned against Arsenal, did you watch his movement ? He shapes to go far post then darts to the front at the last minute losing his marker to make the finish simple.
The were times that his link up play was far better than anything we have seen from our other strikers this season.
We all know that he is not in great shape and wont play many games, but he is always a goal threat, the other strikers we have at the moment, can you say that about them ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:00 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:So you dont even recognise the fact that he could offer our other strikers and younger players the chance to learn from him in a coaching capacity ?

The tap in you mentioned against Arsenal, did you watch his movement ? He shapes to go far post then darts to the front at the last minute losing his marker to make the finish simple.
The were times that his link up play was far better than anything we have seen from our other strikers this season.
We all know that he is not in great shape and wont play many games, but he is always a goal threat, the other strikers we have at the moment, can you say that about them ?

his link up play?  Fowler isn't anywhere NEAR Crouch or Kuyt.  Most of his attempts to pass long went out of play!  And what about the rest of the match?  Fowler vanished...he was too slow to do anything up front and he started playing deep...where he was cut to peices by kids who could run 5x as fast and thats why he cannot get into the squad.  The Preimiership is about pace and unless you are great in the air (which Fowler isn't) you are going to struggle to make an impact on games.

coaching?  maybe...but my point is Fowler isn't good enough as a player.  He got some goals last season...but now he's back to his Man City form and the only place you'll see him on a regular basis is Liverpool city centre on the :censored: with Mcmanaman.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:05 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:So you dont even recognise the fact that he could offer our other strikers and younger players the chance to learn from him in a coaching capacity?

Yeah, he could help out by teaching Crouchy how to head the f#cking ball for starters.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby crouchaldinho » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:25 pm

Crouchamania wrote:Obviosuly im forever grateful to Dudek for Istanbul but a word on the penalties. Sergihnos was skyed, Pirlos could well have been retaken and Shevchenkos was 1 of the worst pens ive ever seen.

Obviously Jerzy did a great job puttin them off but he did no better than Reina in the fa cup although i suppose the occasion was more important.

Rant over :)

Fair enough, but it wouldnt have even gone to penalties were it not for the double save from shevchenko in the last seconds of extra time
crouchaldinho

Postby El Gordo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:26 pm

i think it is very harsh on palleta . Come on he is 20/21 in a totally different culture different language .......You have to feel for him . I know at even my level , you can be a really excellent player but you move club or some one special is watching you and you make mistakes that you never make.....He is playing in front of 45000 people .... every one re acts diff   , it doesnt make him a bad player. He needs time...like 18 months to settle then you ll see the real palleta and if u dont then tell him to move on! to compare Agger and palleta is a Joke . Agger - Danish ...very anglican ..speaks the english grew up fairly close to england  . english style. Or palleta spanish speaker. Diff type of football and a vastly diff culture.
El Gordo

Postby El Gordo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:30 pm

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion like . i v being reading this site for years.....i love it check it every hour ...... but everyone goes crazy when some one  says something they think is true. The reason why i have never posted before !!
El Gordo

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion