Dear dudek & paletta . . .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:36 am

7_Kewell wrote:
Smeg wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:respect?  coaching??!  what a load of :censored:

He's not good enough AS A PLAYER and thats my opinon.  It would also be an opinion that's shared by Rafa...because could someone care to explain why he cannot get into the first team?

agree to diagree...but my opinion is Fowler was once one of our greatest strikers....now he's unfit, slow and a shadow of the man he once was.  yes he was a great player...but so was BArnes and Rush.  If they were here taking 30k a week and doing nothing, i'd be calling for them to go too.

get out of the past and into the now...Dudek and Fowler arn't good enough...not even for the reserves.

coaching? who knows...but this thread is about our players...and mainly the ones who are not good enough.

I tell ya what Robbie may not be as fit and as fast as he used to be, but he's still got it upstairs. The lad is the only real natural finnisher we have in the squad and TBH I'd like to see him play more. If he could get a decent run in the side I bet he'd outscore the other three strikers, class is permanent !

Its pointless arguing with him mate, he is a fucking clueless pleb.

thats rich coming from a guy whose named himself something you get under your foreskin  :D

Of course his games to goals ratio is high...he scored shed loads early in his career and any average is high....Ian Rush could come out of retirement tomorrow and you could use the same arguement.
But, Fowler has featured in 20 matches so far this season...and he's only got 5 goals, 1 of which was a penalty....so thats 4 goal in open play after 20 games...not so impressive now, is it.

now look back over the last 7 years...i think Fowler has scored something like 30 goals in 130 matches....again not so prolific.  Fowler (as a young player) a sensation...he's not that now.

Somehow that 20 matches number seems very high to me.  Where are you getting that?

More important, though, is how many minutes he's played not how many matches.  Goals per minutes played is always the telling ratio and I guarantee you Robbie's is impressive.

It doesn't sound like you're prepared to be convinced but I don't think your going to find any stats to support you on this one.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:50 am

Just as I thought...that 20 starts stat of 7_Kewell's is well off the mark.

According to .tv, Robbie's made 12 appearances in all competitions, scoring 5 goals.  That's a goals to game ratio of 0.42, the highest on the team.  Still think he's not contributing? ???

View the stats here
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:16 am

Bad Bob wrote:Just as I thought...that 20 starts stat of 7_Kewell's is well off the mark.

According to .tv, Robbie's made 12 appearances in all competitions, scoring 5 goals.  That's a goals to game ratio of 0.42, the highest on the team.  Still think he's not contributing? ???

View the stats here

And 9 times out of 10, he's played with a weaker midfield behind him.

Imagine how many he'd have if Gerrard, Alonso, Pennant and (pick a left winger) were behind him, and he had Bellamy/Kuyt alongside him.

Frightening.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:22 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Just as I thought...that 20 starts stat of 7_Kewell's is well off the mark.

View the stats here

my mistake..i got mine from the BBC website and it says he's had 13 games, 7 of which have been as a sub....i thought it meant he had started 13 and then had 7 on top as a sub

13 games so far
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:22 pm

View the stats here

Couldn't agree more.

You can not question his desire, that's completely out of order. Of course he's not especially mobile, but how sprightly are Kuyt and Crouch?

It's very easy to make a statement like "Fowler is finished", but have a look at the stats this season. He's scored just one goal less than Bellamy, and his strike rate is just under one goal every two games (the best at the club--as it has been since we re-signed him) despite the fact that he's never allowed to play himself into form as Bellamy painfully was at the start of the season--and despite the fact that most of his games come as sub.

As a fourth choice striker, Robbie is doing his bit. It's the other three you should be looking at. For the record, the second best strike rate this season is Crouch (0.36 per game). Kuyt scores every three games (usually at home and against weak opposition) and Bellamy is keeping up his career-long habit of scoring less than a goal every four games.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:26 pm

stmichael wrote:

View the stats here

Couldn't agree more.

You can not question his desire, that's completely out of order. Of course he's not especially mobile, but how sprightly are Kuyt and Crouch?

It's very easy to make a statement like "Fowler is finished", but have a look at the stats this season. He's scored just one goal less than Bellamy, and his strike rate is just under one goal every two games (the best at the club--as it has been since we re-signed him) despite the fact that he's never allowed to play himself into form as Bellamy painfully was at the start of the season--and despite the fact that most of his games come as sub.

As a fourth choice striker, Robbie is doing his bit. It's the other three you should be looking at. For the record, the second best strike rate this season is Crouch (0.36 per game). Kuyt scores every three games (usually at home and against weak opposition) and Bellamy is keeping up his career-long habit of scoring less than a goal every four games.

I dont know why anyone thought Bellamy was the answer as his never been prolific.  He was never going to be the guy who would get 20 goals.  Not gonna happen.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:11 pm

puroresu wrote:
stmichael wrote:

View the stats here

Couldn't agree more.

I dont know why anyone thought Bellamy was the answer as his never been prolific.  He was never going to be the guy who would get 20 goals.  Not gonna happen.

I'm happy with Bellamy, he might not score enough but he is a constant threat and makes opposition defenders have to drop alot deeper to stop the ball in behind, meaning we play further up the pitch.
We have a good set of strikers with different attributes, i think the positions were we are really poor and struggling is the wings, and the sooner we have world class players in there we would be a totally transformed team and be able to break down and match the top sides.
Imagine, i know its not going to happen but if we had Robben on the left and Lennon on the right, we would improve by about 30 % going forwards.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:54 pm

Robbie Fowler scored goals. End of :censored: story. Plebs like that Kewell 7 need to fuck off and support some other team.
Smeg

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Smeg wrote:Robbie Fowler scored goals. End of :censored: story. Plebs like that Kewell 7 need to fuck off and support some other team.

:laugh:
to quote "you look like a div...and you post like a div"

are you a div?  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:20 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:There you have it you single handed dump us out of the another cup and impose the worse conceded goals in any game since 1914.

Now FUCK OFF and go to a club who cares.

I heard it was the first time we conceded six at home since 1930, not sure where you got 1914 from

03/05/1930 Liverpool 0-6 Sunderland

And we also conceded six to Man City at home that same season and we went out of the FA Cup having played just one tie

1929/30 P42 W16 D9 L17 F63 A79 Pts 41

And yes, Dudek is surplus to requirements and shouldn't have been picked. Paletta is only 20 and so it's a bit hard to be that critical of him although it was stupid to play him
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:40 pm

Owzat wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:There you

And yes, Dudek is surplus to requirements and shouldn't have been picked. Paletta is only 20 and so it's a bit hard to be that critical of him although it was stupid to play him

sadly...Paletta needs matches to fully understand English football and the Premiership.  I think the lad needs to be loaned out so he can learn.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:38 am

I cant beleive the lack of games Fowler has had this season, especially with the rubbish the other strikers have produced at times, most notably Bellamy IMO. Every game Fowler starts he's practically scored, even though he rarely gets a full 90mins hasnt had 2 games in a row and usually has to play with the reserve side! i firmly beleive that if he got 4 games on the bounce and had the chance to play himself into fitness and get some match practice, he would outscore our other strikers very comfortably, Bellamy cant hit a barn door and Crouch cant header. I personally think Fowler would be the perfect partner for Kuyts industry if given the chance. I mean how many times this season have we failed to win despite making countless chances? Fowlers the only goalscorer we have and needs to play IMO

P.S Kewell_7 your a complete moron and need your head tested, if u cant see Fowler still has abilty then u no nothing about football. And even if you dont rate him your complete lack of respect for a club legend is disgraceful.  :angry:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:13 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:I cant beleive the lack of games Fowler has had this season, especially with the rubbish the other strikers have produced at times, most notably Bellamy IMO. Every game Fowler starts he's practically scored, even though he rarely gets a full 90mins hasnt had 2 games in a row and usually has to play with the reserve side! i firmly beleive that if he got 4 games on the bounce and had the chance to play himself into fitness and get some match practice, he would outscore our other strikers very comfortably, Bellamy cant hit a barn door and Crouch cant header. I personally think Fowler would be the perfect partner for Kuyts industry if given the chance. I mean how many times this season have we failed to win despite making countless chances? Fowlers the only goalscorer we have and needs to play IMO

P.S Kewell_7 your a complete moron and need your head tested, if u cant see Fowler still has abilty then u no nothing about football. And even if you dont rate him your complete lack of respect for a club legend is disgraceful.  :angry:

Spot on.  :bowdown
Smeg

Postby red_guy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:11 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:I cant beleive the lack of games Fowler has had this season, especially with the rubbish the other strikers have produced at times, most notably Bellamy IMO. Every game Fowler starts he's practically scored, even though he rarely gets a full 90mins hasnt had 2 games in a row and usually has to play with the reserve side! i firmly beleive that if he got 4 games on the bounce and had the chance to play himself into fitness and get some match practice, he would outscore our other strikers very comfortably, Bellamy cant hit a barn door and Crouch cant header. I personally think Fowler would be the perfect partner for Kuyts industry if given the chance. I mean how many times this season have we failed to win despite making countless chances? Fowlers the only goalscorer we have and needs to play IMO

What more can i say? Spot on.  :buttrock
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:11 am

What more can i say? Spot on.  :buttrock
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion