Dark days again - Inept, no desire ala houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:00 am

s@int wrote:
A.B. wrote:Pennant has had two decent performances this season. One against Haifa at home at Anfield and one against Galatasaray at Home.

He's been woeful apart from those two games. Stu was ranting about him and his abilities to get past a player,etc.. but he hasn't shown it consistantly.

He seems to be bambuzzled by the fact that he's playing for LFC.

I hope that he turns it around, afterall we paid six million for his services. He has had five or six assists but he needs to lift his head and start believing in himself.

Right now he looks like a small fish in a big pond.

Pennant has actually only 2 assists (none in the league)

1 v Haifa away, 1 v Galatasaray home, 2 v Reading home. 4 Assists
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:02 am

The ones v Reading arn't credited to him A.B.
account deleted by request

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:04 am

s@int wrote:Sometimes its better to just move on rather than dig another hole.  :D

Wise words, of course you're probably right, but it made sense in my mind.
67-1161385641

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:29 am

CharmlessMan wrote:
metalhead wrote:Disagree!

if that what they showed today then they would have lost!! LOST!

we had lots of shots on target and lots of chances, our finishing was not good enough, it showed some of the players did try hard! The players tried their best your being harsh on your criticisim

You're right and you're wrong. You're right in saying we created chances and our finishing wasn't good enough, but you're wrong in saying all our players tried their best, because not all of them did.

mate i did say that some of the players did try hard  not all  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:42 am

metalhead wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:
metalhead wrote:Disagree!

if that what they showed today then they would have lost!! LOST!

we had lots of shots on target and lots of chances, our finishing was not good enough, it showed some of the players did try hard! The players tried their best your being harsh on your criticisim

You're right and you're wrong. You're right in saying we created chances and our finishing wasn't good enough, but you're wrong in saying all our players tried their best, because not all of them did.

mate i did say that some of the players did try hard  not all  :D

My bad.  :D
67-1161385641

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:46 am

RAFA: I CAN'T BELIEVE WE DIDN'T WIN
Steve Hunter 18 November 2006 
  Rafael Benitez praised his players after their performance against Middlebrough and believes his team were desperately unlucky not to take all three points at the Riverside Stadium. 
The Liverpool manager felt the performance was one of Liverpool's best displays away from Anfield this season and said the team can take a lot of positives from the game.

"I can't be happy because we didn't win but it was a pity because we played really well and deserved the three points," commented Benitez.

"We created a lot of chances but were unlucky not to score. The positives are we kept a clean sheet and we didn't lose but we should have won the game.

"When you are not winning away from home you need to analyse why. If we play as well in the future away from home as we did today then we will win a lot of games." 

"We created a lot of chances but were unlucky not to score.

I didnt see many chances we created, and we just dont seem to create any clear cut chances anymore.

Postby Rafa D » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:51 am

Houllier = Rafa Benitez ?!?  - Get to fuck!

I hate using statistics and pointing things out but this forum is beginning to become something of a fucking joke. We have lost 5 games away from home and drew the other 2 games. I am not happy along with many other fans but the constant shit posted after we lose points is f[b]uck[b]ing discraceful.

Rafa Benitez is here for the long haul. Last year when Real Madrid came sniffing, when we were doing brilliantly, Rafa came out and said he wanted to stay here, he was building something. Thatshows the type of man we have in charge. He was and probably still is a avid Real fan, he loves that club and then came in, lots of money etc and he said no , would you do the same if the tables were reversed?

The away form is bad but the fixture list has not been kind and if you compare it to last years away results, in our best ever Premiership season, things don't look as bad.

2005 -  Man Utd - LOSS
2006 -  Man Utd - LOSS

2005 -  Arsenal  - LOSS
2006 -  Arsenal  - LOSS

2005 -  Chelsea  - LOSS
2006 -  Chelsea  - LOSS

2005 - Birmingham - DRAW
2006 - Sheff Utd   - DRAW

2005 - Boro  - DRAW
2006 - Boro  - DRAW

2005 - Bolton - DRAW
2006 - Bolton - LOSS

2005 - Everton - WIN
2006 - Everton - LOSS

So 4 points down on last season - people may argue I'm just putting a positive spin on it, but every other fecker in the press is putting negative spins on it so :censored: off!!

JUDGE RAFA AT THE END OF THE SEASON !!!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:03 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:2005 -  Man Utd - LOSS
2006 -  Man Utd - LOSS

2005 -  Arsenal  - LOSS
2006 -  Arsenal  - LOSS

2005 -  Chelsea  - LOSS
2006 -  Chelsea  - LOSS

2005 - Birmingham - DRAW

2005 - Boro  - DRAW
2006 - Boro  - DRAW

2005 - Bolton - DRAW
2006 - Bolton - LOSS

2005 - Everton - WIN
2006 - Everton - LOSS

So 4 points down on last season - people may argue I'm just putting a positive spin on it, but every other fecker in the press is putting negative spins on it so :censored: off!!

i can see what you are doing, you are pointing out that we are actually going backwards and not forwards.

also please tell me why its ok to lose and draw these games just because thats what we did last season, oh i keep forgetting we won the league l;ast season didnt we so its ok to get the same poor results.

come on mate, just because we failed at these grounds last season does not make it ok to fail there this season, that just shows we have made no progress this season
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:14 am

peewee wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:2005 -  Man Utd - LOSS
2006 -  Man Utd - LOSS

2005 -  Arsenal  - LOSS
2006 -  Arsenal  - LOSS

2005 -  Chelsea  - LOSS
2006 -  Chelsea  - LOSS

2005 - Birmingham - DRAW

2005 - Boro  - DRAW
2006 - Boro  - DRAW

2005 - Bolton - DRAW
2006 - Bolton - LOSS

2005 - Everton - WIN
2006 - Everton - LOSS

i can see what you are doing, you are pointing out that we are actually going backwards and not forwards.

also please tell me why its ok to lose and draw these games just because thats what we did last season, oh i keep forgetting we won the league l;ast season didnt we so its ok to get the same poor results.

come on mate, just because we failed at these grounds last season does not make it ok to fail there this season, that just shows we have made no progress this season

To be honest peewee I would more than settle for the same points (82)this season. I reckon on 75pts at best this season, maybe just enough for 4th.

I keep looking for the positives, but they are getting rarer than our away goals.

Iv just thought of a positive.... at least we're not Boro', imagine having to watch that team every week.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:22 am

but to get 82 points now this season mate we have to go the rest of the season virtually unbeaten, well in fact we have to win the remaining games and not draw them. that just isnt going to happen saint, not while rafa is still trying to find the right "balance" so far into the season. finding the right "balance" might take all season, or I have a novel idea, why not play the strongest team every week therefore giving us stability (which also means balance}

:D
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:34 am

peewee wrote:but to get 82 points now this season mate we have to go the rest of the season virtually unbeaten, well in fact we have to win the remaining games and not draw them. that just isnt going to happen saint, not while rafa is still trying to find the right "balance" so far into the season. finding the right "balance" might take all season, or I have a novel idea, why not play the strongest team every week therefore giving us stability (which also means balance}

We can get 93 points (18 +75 )yet mate. So we can afford to lose another 3 games and still finish with more points than last season.

We have 3 home games now to get things sorted then a few easy away games to get a run going.

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:54 am

s@int wrote:
peewee wrote:but to get 82 points now this season mate we have to go the rest of the season virtually unbeaten, well in fact we have to win the remaining games and not draw them. that just isnt going to happen saint, not while rafa is still trying to find the right "balance" so far into the season. finding the right "balance" might take all season, or I have a novel idea, why not play the strongest team every week therefore giving us stability (which also means balance}

We can get 93 points (18 +75 )yet mate. So we can afford to lose another 3 games and still finish with more points than last season.

We have 3 home games now to get things sorted then a few easy away games to get a run going.

so it seems we are happy to settle for failing again this season, sure we might win a cup but saint do you realise that we have supporters who have been born and since left school since we last won the league?

every season we hear that we want the league, thats what this club is based on, the league is our "bread and butter", but every season we disapoint the fans again on that front, we really havent even been close, we havent been neck and neck on the run in, the league for us has usually finished around christmas time.

we are a big club, we have fans all over asia, but do you know how many liverpool shops i see here? none, do you know how many manure shops i see? plenty making money, i even say manure biscuits in the shop yesterday, making money. we missed the bandwagon on merchandise years ago when we were good and now we are paying the price (that and houllier wasting money). we need new investment and we need it now mate
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:21 am

Maybe we have to accept we are no longer a BIG club. Look at our buys, we just cant compete with Mancs or Chelsea for players. Mancs have bought Ferdinand £28million, Rooney £25million, Veron £28million Van Nistelroy £24million .Chelsea have bought Shevchenko, Cole, Essien, Drogba all over £20million. And we are trying to catch them!

We spent £30million on 5 players maybe we would have been better off spending most of it on one world class player. I just dont know anymore. I was made up with our buys after we got Kuyt(before Kuyt I was a little disappointed) but maybe one world class player and one prospect every season is the better way to go?

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:15 am

BOODIDDY wrote:I dont make knee jerk reactions, but after today and the season so far, then something has to be said. Benitez just hasn't grasped the premiership. His methods aren't suited to it. I'm fed up of reading about the number of corners, shots and possesion we have. GOALS WIN GAMES! END OF

I ain't saying rafa must go, no way. But, someone must be brought in alongside him who understands the prem and english football. Alex Miller is the only Brit and he ain't very good.

Our game has no speed to it. Our strikers are incapable of going past defenders and the wingers are the poorest wingers i have seen in red shirts.

Just listening to rafa on the telly, he seems dillusional. Statistics! Remember Houllier? Same thing every week.

I would like to hear our manager coome out once and say that we are poor and need to change drastically. The defence is cagey, mainly down to the fact that reina isn't a good keeper. Now, i know we had  a number of clean sheets last year, but how many of them were down to the brilliance of reina? Not many! Carra and sammi were immense.

A number of our players don't try. Look at their kits when they come off, no sweat, dirt etc.

Gerrard looks embarrassed to be playing with some of our players. Gonzales is one who needs to go, as long as i have a hole in my :censored: that lad won't be a player. Pennant just isn't up to it thats why wenger got rid. Kuyt, Crouch are too similar and Bellamy will run all day but so will steve cram and he ain't a top footballer is he? The speed has all gone, Owen,Baros Cisse Pongolle.

I cant wait for Kewell to come back cos i believe he is the only answer to our left sided problems.

We are no nearer to challenging for the title then the likes of Bolton, Everton Villa etc.

If we really want it then we must think big. This club is resting on its laurels again. The signings this summer are very similar to Houlliers Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou summer. We got oue second and sometimes third choice signings in certain positions cos we aren't thinking like a big club.

I DONT LIKE RANTING LIKE THIS BUT I'VE HAD ENOUGH AND DON'T WANT TO SEE US GO BACK TO HOULLIERS DARK AGES AGAIN.

:censored: THE NEW STADIUM AND INVEST IN THE VERY BEST PLAYERS COS WE WONT FILL A NEW STADIUM WITH THE DRIVEL AND STYLE WE ARE PLAYING AT THE MOMENT.

That post - that single solitary post you've just written there, ensures that for the rest of your days you will be labelled a c*nt.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

Reina isn't a good 'keeper, despite the clean sheets, despite the penalties he has saved in his career, despite being the best 'keeper in Spain the season before he joined us.

Despite all that - Reina is a dodgy 'keeper, why? Because Carragher took the ball away from him a couple of times? You tit.

Or is it because he made a few errors earlier in the season because Mr Wonderful JC f*cked up?

Either way, you obviously know as much about football as I do about the innards of a Walrus' large intestine. F*ck all.

"Beni hasn't grasped the Premiership", Mr Diddy reckons. Well Mr Griffin thinks that Mr Diddy is a gimp, to be honest.

A record amount of points, a record number of clean sheets, a record number of consecutive wins and games unbeaten do something to your theory, Boo.

You want to know what, Boo? Well, Boo - they take your theory's pants down and stick their throbbing rod of truth right up your theory's sh*tter. THAT is what they do, Boo. You f*cking Necrophiliac.

Anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that you start to worry when your team ISN'T creating chances. When it ISN'T dominating games. When the players aren't even GETTING shots.

But lets all imagine for a moment that you are right, Boo. We are on the same level as Everton and Bolton.

So lets just scrap that "Only British team into the group stages of the Champions' League" title, and go for "Sh*t, finishing mid-table at best club".

We didn't finish 3rd last season with the FA cup aswell. We didn't win the CHampions' League the season before.

No - we're no better than our bitter-scum neighbours. We haven't had our hardest start to a season in certainly MY lifetime. We're just sh*te. We'll never be anything under Rafa as he doesn't understand the English game.

Ahem.

F*CK OFF YOU THICK TW*T.

We are Liverpool FC, and we WILL show c*nts like you that when you pull a lion's tail, he'll turn round and bite your f*cking head off.

F*ck everyone who doubts Rafa - he will prove you wrong and you'll skulk back hoping everyone's forgotten your little "indescretions".

Well f*ck you. I'm making a list, getting Santa to check it twice, and I'll post the names of every sad c*nt who has pulled the boss down in his hour of need.

Call yourselves supporters?

I wouldn't wipe my dogsh*t-stained shoes on you, you f*cking whores.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:20 am

I don't think we will even get 4th this season..... I am not sure whats wrong with the team, but have to agree with welsh wizard in that somethings wrong in the dressing room. I know people are saying we are in the 2nd round of champions league and all...but this bad form we are going through will soon hit our champions league matches as well..... if we only think its our away form that needs improvement. IMO, we haven't been that convincing in our home matches as well...

Anyway, I still believe out of the managers available (to us), rafa is still the best bet to win us trophies. Even if we finish 10th and win no trophies, i won't be jumping on the rafa sack brigade....
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion