Dark days again - Inept, no desire ala houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:04 am

1/ I disagree with everyone who says the team didn't try hard today. I thought they tried hard they just didnt have enough quality to break down a well organised and ambitionless Boro' defence.

2/ I disagree with everyone that tries to say Pennant had a decent game. The last person I saw with a worse cross than Pennant was Jesus.

3/ WTF is up with Bellamy, M.O.M. for Wales midweek just faded away for us today.

4/ Reina had a few dodgy moments again today but made a couple of good saves. Communication between him and the defence seems lacking at the moment.

5/ Why was Crouch sat on the bench for so long in a game that was crying out for him to come on. Their defenders where so comfortable second half I thought Woodgate was going to light up a cig. It was only the introduction of Crouch that got them worried.

6/ Gonzales looks as if he enjoyed playing on the right, maybe give him a game there and play Riise on the left with Warnock at F/B.

7/Gerrard......... I have nothing to say about him.

8/ Agger looked good, got caught in possession a couple of times but just has that look of a quality player. Great shot too.

9/ We seemed to be attacking Boro' for most of the match yet every time I looked we had only one perhaps two players in the box. Kuyt and Bellamy are coming to deep to link up play and need to push on more. Kuyt should have had a penalty too.

10/ A hard working but limited display against a poor Boro' with no ambition apart from for a draw. We need to pass, cross, and move off the ball better. I dont think Kuyt and Bellamy are a balanced pair at the moment maybe it will come with time. A deeply disappointing result but things can only get better......cant they ?
account deleted by request

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:07 am

coddy wrote:
A.B. wrote:
alessandromagno wrote:Personally I'd prefer Gerrard to stay if it was a choice between the two of them. Rafa might be off in a year or two anyway. Also, anyone who really thinks about the CL and the FA Cup will realise that the success was more due to Gerrard than Rafa. Rafa's great plan in the CL, playing Kewell and dropping Didi was hardly a master stroke. Nor was his decision to let Hamman go this year. It was always clear that an injury to Sissoko would make him indispensable.

Gerrard won the Champions League did he? Was Gerrard that got us the draw we needed against Juventus away from home?

Was Gerrard that scored us the goal against Chelsea?

Don't be so f#cking stupid. He took a side that was filled with deadwood in Biscan't,Traore,Smicer,etc.. and won us the Champions League final. Everyone played a part in our success, not just Rafa and not just Gerrard.

Biggest load of toash I've read in my life.

Disagree, i dont think it would have been won without SG, with or without the goal. He was the man who gave so called "deadwood" encouragement and inspiration to do the unimaginable and provide the world with the best nights football for a long time.

Although he wasnt a one man team, he was the sole reason we didnt lose the 2005 CL final by a record amount of goals.

He didn't play every single game in Europe that season. We got results without him in the squad in Europe during that time.

He was suspended for the game against Bayer [H] and Juventus [A]. The deadwood in both of those games stepped up without Captain Marvel in the squad.

He was fantastic in the second half in final, he was inspirational. However that is his job, he is the captain. Nobody will ever forget what he did, but he didn't do it on his own.

He scored that goal against Olympiakos but we needed 3 that night, not one. He didn't score three, Pongolle and Mellor scored the other two who never get any sort of credit for those goals.

A lot of players that year stepped up in Europe, not just Gerrard alone. He played a huge part but he didn't win it alone. If it wasn't for the TEAM and Rafa, he would had never been in the final in the first place.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:08 am

3/ WTF is up with Bellamy, M.O.M. for Wales midweek just faded away for us today.

You're blaming him for fading away? How could he not when the rest of his team-mates were hoofing 50 yard balls to a midget up front?

Our service to him and Kuyt was abysmal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:16 am

A.B. wrote:

You're blaming him for fading away? How could he not when the rest of his team-mates were hoofing 50 yard balls to a midget up front?

Our service to him and Kuyt was abysmal.

Cant argue with you there mate

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:22 am

Pennant has had two decent performances this season. One against Haifa at home at Anfield and one against Galatasaray at Home.

He's been woeful apart from those two games. Stu was ranting about him and his abilities to get past a player,etc.. but he hasn't shown it consistantly.

He seems to be bambuzzled by the fact that he's playing for LFC.

I hope that he turns it around, afterall we paid six million for his services. He has had five or six assists but he needs to lift his head and start believing in himself.

Right now he looks like a small fish in a big pond.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:32 am

A.B. wrote:Pennant has had two decent performances this season. One against Haifa at home at Anfield and one against Galatasaray at Home.

He's been woeful apart from those two games. Stu was ranting about him and his abilities to get past a player,etc.. but he hasn't shown it consistantly.

He seems to be bambuzzled by the fact that he's playing for LFC.

I hope that he turns it around, afterall we paid six million for his services. He has had five or six assists but he needs to lift his head and start believing in himself.

Right now he looks like a small fish in a big pond.

Pennant has actually only 2 assists (none in the league)

Postby eds » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:37 am

Get rid of Gonzalez?

FFS he was man of the match today! If Crouch had scored from his cross you monkeys would be chanting his praise.

???  ???  ???
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:42 am

eds wrote:Get rid of Gonzalez?

FFS he was man of the match today! If Crouch had scored from his cross you monkeys would be chanting his praise.

???  ???  ???

Who said get rid of Gonzales ? Try using quotes mate, makes it easier for the rest of us.

Postby mistyred » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:44 am

CharmlessMan wrote:Rafa sees Gerrard as a vital cog in our machine, but this season a spanner has got into our cog, therefore the machine isn't working properly. The cog (Gerrard) has to keep on trying to spin to dislodge the spanner that's in the works and has to help Rafa try and move the spanner out of the cog, so that the machine functions properly again. However the cog isn't trying hard enough to force the spanner from the cog and this can lead to friction between the engineer (Rafa) and the vital cog in the works (Gerrard). That is my explanation of any possible rift between the pair (if there is a rift).

HUH, I glad that was easy for you to explain  :D   :rasp
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:47 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:We need:

1. New owners
2. New stadium
3. New manager
4. New players
5. New captain
6. New ground staff
7. New kit
8. New kitchen staff
9. New brand of toilet paper
10. New carpet in the executive boxes

1.we need money but,stick with the owners
2.its on the way
3.ur having a laugh
4.we have class but  there are 3 or 4 tht need to go
5.Dnt think so.one of the best players in the world as our captain,no problem
6.? ???,lol
7.does it make a difference
8.lol
9.alrite
10.sarcism?
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:48 am

???  ???  ???

i think he sud go,i think he is too young and is too greedy,

he doesnt have a great cross or shot

+wasnt it riise hu hit in the cross for crouch?
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:51 am

s@int wrote:

???  ???  ???

Who said get rid of Gonzales ? Try using quotes mate, makes it easier for the rest of us.

Obviously you haven't read BOODIDDY's post that started off this ridiculous thread................

He says "Gonzalez is one that needs to go"

:suspect:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:53 am

eds wrote:
s@int wrote:

???  ???  ???

Obviously you haven't read BOODIDDY's post that started off this ridiculous thread................

He says "Gonzalez is one that needs to go"

:suspect:

I just skimmed through all the cr@p. I was depressed enough without having to read all the Rafa out sack Gerrard stuff.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:57 am

mistyred wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:Rafa sees Gerrard as a vital cog in our machine, but this season a spanner has got into our cog, therefore the machine isn't working properly. The cog (Gerrard) has to keep on trying to spin to dislodge the spanner that's in the works and has to help Rafa try and move the spanner out of the cog, so that the machine functions properly again. However the cog isn't trying hard enough to force the spanner from the cog and this can lead to friction between the engineer (Rafa) and the vital cog in the works (Gerrard). That is my explanation of any possible rift between the pair (if there is a rift).

I gathered no one would understand what I was on about. Basically I see Gerrard a small, but vital cog in the centre of our machine (the machine being the team) and there is a spanner lodged into the small, but vital cog (Gerrard) and Rafa is trying to get rid of the spanner, so he's trying to pull the spanner from the cog, so the machine can work properly, however the engineer (Rafa) needs some help from his small, but vital cog (Gerrard) to get the machine working properly, like it did last season, but the small, but vital cog (Gerrard) is not helping dislodge the spanner in the works, so to speak. I replied to someone who said "Rafa might not rate Gerrard and would sell him for £30,000,000", I'm simply saying that he does rate Gerrard and won't sell him, but if there is friction between the pair it's because Gerrard isn't acting like a skipper.

I hope this helps.  :)
67-1161385641

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:00 am

CharmlessMan wrote:
mistyred wrote:

I gathered no one would understand what I was on about. Basically I see Gerrard a small, but vital cog in the centre of our machine (the machine being the team) and there is a spanner lodged into the small, but vital cog (Gerrard) and Rafa is trying to get rid of the spanner, so he's trying to pull the spanner from the cog, so the machine can work properly, however the engineer (Rafa) needs some help from his small, but vital cog (Gerrard) to get the machine working properly, like it did last season, but the small, but vital cog (Gerrard) is not helping dislodge the spanner in the works, so to speak. I replied to someone who said "Rafa might not rate Gerrard and would sell him for £30,000,000", I'm simply saying that he does rate Gerrard and won't sell him, but if there is friction between the pair it's because Gerrard isn't acting like a skipper.

I hope this helps.  :)

Sometimes its better to just move on rather than dig another hole.  :D

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion