Dark days again - Inept, no desire ala houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alessandromagno » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:42 pm

I doubt that Reina is world class. Personally, I always preferred Dudek.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:43 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Something is not right at the club !!  Don't know what it is but there is something going on. We are not playing as a team working for each other etc. Stevie Gerrard has something major on his mind he is not the Stevie Gerrard we all know. He is not playing no where near his true form.

As for other players Pennent, Gonzales are just not good enough. Not for this club anyway!! Alonso is having a very poor season, Bellamy the same but he needs service needs balls being placed behind defenders so he can use his pace to get on the end of them. Michael Owen would also be struggling for goals the way we are playing.

Its starting to worry me, the more and more i look at these things the more i can see something not right within the dressing room. We all know that Rafa is very much a football man lives and breathes football, but he seems to distance himself from any of the players when a player has a breath taking match puts in a top class performance, that player doesn't get the credit he deserves from the manager. Now when the team are struggling players playing well below there ability the manager just doesn't seem to be able to motivate them give them confidence, put an arm around them and tell them they are invincible. Rafa is a football genious don't get me wrong, but when it comes to man managment i think he is struggling.

Its my opinion but there is something not right at this club. We are having a very poor start to the season. Gerrard Houllier was a great man manager without the tactical knowhow etc Rafa is completely the opposite poor manmanager and a great tactical manager pity we can't mould them into one.

I just hope things improve fast !! Before Rafa loses the dressing room..

Brilliant post mate. Somewhere in there is a statement to me and dare i say it something has got to give between Stevie and Rafa.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:44 pm

alessandromagno wrote:I doubt that Reina is world class. Personally, I always preferred Dudek.

Bring back Carson for me! :D
66-1120597113

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:44 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Its not just Gerrard !The whole team was cr@p today mate!

The only one any where near fit to wear the jersey was young Agger....and he was just OK!

They weren't cr@p! if they were then we would have lost the game. We were dissapointing and should have won.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:46 pm

Reina & the back 4 were exceptional last season! I do however like Dudek. What has gone so badly for them, as they were poor especially Reina in the FA Cup Final? Have we been found out? Or is it just lack of confidence? I can't put my finger on it???
KOPMATT

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:52 pm

madred wrote:Somewhere in there is a statement to me and dare i say it something has got to give between Stevie and Rafa.

I think you're reading too much into things. If Steven doesn't like it at Anfield then he knows where Chelsea is, I'm sick and tired of everything being about Gerrard, he's an exceptional talent, I believe him when he does say he loves this club, but for gods’ sake he is not the club, he is not LFC, this club won't get relegated if he was to leave. If I had to choose between Rafa and Steven staying at Anfield, I'd choose Rafa every time. Not everything that goes wrong with our club has something to do with Steven, if there is something wrong between Rafa and Gerrard it's because Rafa is fed up with a captain that doesn't set an example.
67-1161385641

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:53 pm

metalhead wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:Its not just Gerrard !The whole team was cr@p today mate!

The only one any where near fit to wear the jersey was young Agger....and he was just OK!

They weren't cr@p! if they were then we would have lost the game. We were dissapointing and should have won.

Dissapointing?

Around 70% posession..great! Unfortunately the team were vastly as threatening as a toothless pitbull!

Free kicks ....awful

Corners.....dire

Passing...not good enough

Heart...Zero

Passion..nowhere to be seen

Commitment...was none

Tell me that was just dissapointing?
In fact it was worse than cr@p it was fu.cking spineless sh.ite!
66-1120597113

Postby KOPMATT » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:55 pm

Was it that bad? Maybe I won't stay up for MOTD? :(
KOPMATT

Postby madred » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:57 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:
madred wrote:Somewhere in there is a statement to me and dare i say it something has got to give between Stevie and Rafa.

I think you're reading too much into things. If Steven doesn't like it at Anfield then he knows where Chelsea is, I'm sick and tired of everything being about Gerrard, he's an exceptional talent, I believe him when he does say he loves this club, but for gods’ sake he is not the club, he is not LFC, this club won't get relegated if he was to leave. If I had to choose between Rafa and Steven staying at Anfield, I'd choose Rafa every time. Not everything that goes wrong with our club has something to do with Steven, if there is something wrong between Rafa and Gerrard it's because Rafa is fed up with a captain that doesn't set an example.

Another good post. Many might disagree but Rafa is the most important man at the club for me and could he want a new direction to the club without Gerrard part of it? Shocks do happen at the club and life would go on without Stevie. Sorry guys i risk the wrath of many members on here but all i can see is a Liverpool under Rafa who would rather be without our inspirational captain and happy to get 30 million in the bank.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:06 pm

madred wrote:Another good post. Many might disagree but Rafa is the most important man at the club for me and could he want a new direction to the club without Gerrard part of it? Shocks do happen at the club and life would go on without Stevie. Sorry guys i risk the wrath of many members on here but all i can see is a Liverpool under Rafa who would rather be without our inspirational captain and happy to get 30 million in the bank.

I don't think so; if he did he would have allowed Gerrard to go to Chelsea and wouldn't have asked Steven to stay. Rafa sees Gerrard as a vital cog in our machine, but this season a spanner has got into our cog, therefore the machine isn't working properly. The cog (Gerrard) has to keep on trying to spin to dislodge the spanner that's in the works and has to help Rafa try and move the spanner out of the cog, so that the machine functions properly again. However the cog isn't trying hard enough to force the spanner from the cog and this can lead to friction between the engineer (Rafa) and the vital cog in the works (Gerrard). That is my explanation of any possible rift between the pair (if there is a rift).

I think Rafa does want Steven to stay and sees him as part of his future plans, but Gerrard isn't helping his cause by not at least attempting to pick himself and the team up and get the fore back in the players bellies.
67-1161385641

Postby alessandromagno » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:07 pm

Maybe Gerrard has issues outside football on his mind...there is the problem with his little girl and possibly other things too. In his book Gerrard says the same thing happened when his parents  divorced....Neither Rafa nor Gerrard are people to wear their hearts on their sleeves.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:11 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Maybe Gerrard has issues outside football on his mind...there is the problem with his little girl and possibly other things too. In his book Gerrard says the same thing happened when his parents  divorced....Neither Rafa nor Gerrard are people to wear their hearts on their sleeves.

I can understand if Gerrard is having personal problems with family, friends or himself. If this is the case he should not be playing for us, he should ask for a leave of absence for a few weeks to sort these issues out.
67-1161385641

Postby weringo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:15 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:The cog (Gerrard) has to keep on trying to spin to dislodge the spanner that's in the works and has to help Rafa try and move the spanner out of the cog, so that the machine functions properly again. However the cog isn't trying hard enough to force the spanner from the cog and this can lead to friction between the engineer (Rafa) and the vital cog in the works (Gerrard).

I agree 100%

..... :D
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby welsh wizzard » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:19 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Maybe Gerrard has issues outside football on his mind...there is the problem with his little girl and possibly other things too. In his book Gerrard says the same thing happened when his parents  divorced....Neither Rafa nor Gerrard are people to wear their hearts on their sleeves.

Whats the outside problems that are on stevie's mind mate ? If he has worrying problems on his mind then that will probably spell the reason why he is not performing anywhere near his best.

I read his book . What a good book an all!!  His parents going through there divorce affected him big time on the football pitch, uncertainty regarding his future thinking Liverpool no longer wanted him also affected him on the pitch. Now something else is affecting his football on the pitch.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:20 pm

It's seems to me that Gerrard farts and everyone sniffs, everyone has personal problems at some stage in their lives.
67-1161385641

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion