DANNY PACHECO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:03 pm

If he doesn’t move in the next few weeks then I assume he will join pre-season training, especially with so many players returning late because of the Euros. Could be plenty of chances to start games next season what with the Europa League.

Still think there might be a decent player in him but needs to nail down a first team spot somewhere very soon.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:12 pm

i thought pacheco looked quite good in the few cameo`s he made for the first team, i remember him coming on and creating a goal in a european game at anfield when he headed a far post cross back across goal for someone to run onto, the game was 0-0 at the time as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:23 pm

He isn't good enough, if he can't break into Rayo Vallecano's first team then he isn't good enough to play for us. Sell him.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 pm

metalhead » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:23 pm wrote:He isn't good enough, if he can't break into Rayo Vallecano's first team then he isn't good enough to play for us. Sell him.

Agree, couldn't get a game under Rafa, Roy, kenny or any club he was loaned to.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 pm

quite possibly one of the most over rated youth players to ever come through our ranks....and the fact Rafa, Roy and Kenny sent him out on loan says it all.

another player that needs to be shown the exit, ASAP
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Daniel Pacheco ‏@dani37pacheco

Saturday done!!! Some rest now and back ready for another week on monday! Loving the sessions.

Looks like he is enjoying the first few days of training under Rodgers which is probably a bit closer to style of training he was used to in the Barcelona academy. I think Rodgers is more likely to be a fan than Hodgson or Kenny.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Eagle » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:10 pm wrote:

Saturday done!!! Some rest now and back ready for another week on monday! Loving the sessions.

Looks like he is enjoying the first few days of training under Rodgers which is probably a bit closer to style of training he was used to in the Barcelona academy. I think Rodgers is more likely to be a fan than Hodgson or Kenny.

yeah, he`ll probably do well in the type of drills rodgers has the team doing in training, as you say pacheco was at barcelona so the training and style of play will suit him.
i certainly wouldnt write pacheco off as some are doing, young players often drift for a few years, look at peter beardsley, he was released by newcastle and sold to carlisle, he was actually at man united at one point but ron atkinson binned him and sent him back to canada where he had been playing but then he came back and managed to get in with his hometown club newcastle again who were struggling at the time. a couple of years later he was one of the best players at the 86 world cup and a british record signing for us. f**king outstanding player he was, watching him and john barnes at their peak at anfield was a privilege, they used to take the p*ss out of the opposition, here`s a clip of some of his goals, look how two footed he was and yet he was released by both newcastle and man united and sent to the lower leagues and footballing backwater of canada!

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:20 pm

Totally agreed on Beardsley and his god given gifts with the ball are often forgotten when people talk about the great players of yesteryear.

When I look down the current squad list Pacheco is the player who I feel has the best chance of coming in from the cold and making an impact. I’m not saying he’s going to become a first teamer immediately and set the world on fire but he could prove to be a very useful attacking option. It seems that every season he has been with us he has been away with Spanish under age teams in the summer. But this summer he will get a full pre-season while others are come back late due to Euros and qualifiers in June, and others will miss a chunk of pre-season due to the Olympics.

There were rumours that being the best player at the academy went to his head and he had developed a bit of ego, but if that’s true last season would have bought him crashing down to earth. This is his best and final chance to make an impression at Liverpool with a manager that will appreciate his style of play and a full pre-season to impress. I still think there is a good player there but I’m not sure what his best potions is but one thing is for sure is that if he can’t take his chance this summer than he will probably never make it here.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Eagle » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:20 pm wrote:Totally agreed on Beardsley and his god given gifts with the ball are often forgotten when people talk about the great players of yesteryear.

When I look down the current squad list Pacheco is the player who I feel has the best chance of coming in from the cold and making an impact. I’m not saying he’s going to become a first teamer immediately and set the world on fire but he could prove to be a very useful attacking option. It seems that every season he has been with us he has been away with Spanish under age teams in the summer. But this summer he will get a full pre-season while others are come back late due to Euros and qualifiers in June, and others will miss a chunk of pre-season due to the Olympics.

There were rumours that being the best player at the academy went to his head and he had developed a bit of ego, but if that’s true last season would have bought him crashing down to earth. This is his best and final chance to make an impression at Liverpool with a manager that will appreciate his style of play and a full pre-season to impress. I still think there is a good player there but I’m not sure what his best potions is but one thing is for sure is that if he can’t take his chance this summer than he will probably never make it here.

good post mate, well summed up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:45 pm

Thought he was one of the positives from the US tour. Looked a constant threat down the left and set up Adam’s goal as well as other chances. Certainly not the finished article but could be a very useful member of the squad next year and I would rather keep him than Joe Cole.
Eagle

Postby shanks13 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:03 pm

I didn't realise that he had only made 11 substitute appearances for Rayo Vallecano. It's slightly frightening, at 21 he has only appeared 22 times in the league (including in Spain) despite several loan spells.

He really just hasn't had the first team chances to develop properly, it's a wonder we haven't loaned him out again somewhere smaller where he can play more regularly as we did with Norwich. It's a big ask for someone with so little first team experience to come in and make a difference at a club like ours.
shanks13
LFC Basic Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:10 pm

not even in the squad for thursday's game apparently.

not surprised though. some things never change.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm

id have thought rodgers would love to have a player like danny in his side.
he provides natural width to the side and is still young enough for rodgers to mould in to the finished product.
i hope he's kept around and given a chance
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:28 pm

stmichael » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:10 pm wrote:not even in the squad for thursday's game apparently.

not surprised though. some things never change.

Yeah nothing changes.

Baffling though for me.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Eagle » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 am

unfortunately I'm not involved for the match on Thursday. I will keep working. Always. One day it will come.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion