Daniel alves - the remaining piece in the jigsaw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:17 pm

I like daniel but i dont think we need him more a center half who can cover the right would be better .

We have a top 3 defence and i dont think we need much improvent in it our problem is scoring in every match and now we have 3 new forwards i think only place i would like to see a new player comming in is the left wing a pure left winger thats all cos i have my doubts about harry if he can last a whole season  :oh: .

But its been a great 2 weeks and i think we have added alot of power in the front 2 and wings and any thing else for me now is a big bonus.

my dream signing was never going to happen it seems  :sniffle .
wanted tev so bad but o well i am sure man u will fook up his game and turn him into a andy cole who just got worse the longer he played for the manc's

And PS hi all to forums this is my first post
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:21 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Heinze would be the next buy for me.. en excellent left back and also  vgood when playing centreback.

no way we dont want manc rejects he is a good player but i havent seen enuff of him to say he is worthy to put on our shirt.
plus he plays for the manc's!
:buttrock
did i mention he plays for the manc's !
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:27 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Heinze would be the next buy for me.. en excellent left back and also  vgood when playing centreback.

no way we dont want manc rejects he is a good player but i havent seen enuff of him to say he is worthy to put on our shirt.

so hes still a brillian defensivley versitille player just cuz he plays for them doesnt mean we should sign him , its like ronaldo leaving united and comin to us i would welcome him with open arms  :lookaround
Kopite-Jud

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:34 pm

metalhead wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:1. we dont need a right back. finnan is one of the best right backs in the league
2. A left back, a back up central defender and a top class winger would be priority before a right back
3. Today he came out and said, "I want to play for Chelsea"

so all in all, Alves, while being a quality player, i doubt very much he will come here

We don't need a left back, we have already Aurelio and Riise who are good enough. We need another quality striker and quality center back.

striker?

we've got 5! as babel is more of a striker than a winger.

we need a left back more than we need another striker... thats why we've been linked with heinze

Majority of the games babel will be used as a left winger, thats what i think he is brought in for.

yes he will be used there, he was bought as kewell's understudy, but his main position is as a forward. He came up through ajax's ranks as a striker and started out for holland U21s as a striker. Its only in the last season where he's been playing on the wing.

I wasn't saying he'll be a starting forward, just mearly pointing out that he can play there, adding to our striking options, lessening the neccesity to but another striker.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:35 pm

Kopite-Jud wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

so hes still a brillian defensivley versitille player just cuz he plays for them doesnt mean we should sign him , its like ronaldo leaving united and comin to us i would welcome him with open arms  :lookaround

Ha Ha you might i would slap that hair cut of his head and lol at him as he started to cry !  :rasp
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:43 pm

Heinze will be a perfect buy for us i agree with you mate

1 he is better left back then Riise and Aurelio.
2 he is also center defender(At PSG he was use to play as CB when he joined manutd he said i am CB but i can also play as a LB)

Alves will go chelsea as i am 80% sure and we don't need a player who didnot want to join us.
liverpool till death
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:44 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Kopite-Jud wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Ha Ha you might i would slap that hair cut of his head and lol at him as he started to cry !  :rasp

:D
Kopite-Jud

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:54 pm

Redrulz(lfc) wrote:Heinze will be a perfect buy for us i agree with you mate

1 he is better left back then Riise and Aurelio.
2 he is also center defender(At PSG he was use to play as CB when he joined manutd he said i am CB but i can also play as a LB)

Alves will go chelsea as i am 80% sure and we don't need a player who didnot want to join us.

I dont think he is that much better then riise in defence and he defo dont have as much going forward.
Dont get me wrong if he played for like barca i be like buy him sign him on free or what ever but at this moment in time he plays for the manc's.
Also i really think it be better to get a good 20-28 year old cental defender like hmmm Daniel Van Buyten , sergio ramos(we wish) , pablo , walter samuel , gabriel milito
some one like them tho not all are possible but i can dream  :p
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:00 am

Kopite-Jud wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

I'd rip his nipples off, the lardy-da f*cking poofter. :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:26 am

Did everyone forget we have Arbeloa?
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm

why consider d.alves when u can get hossan kaabi for much more cheaper? and he has an amazing dribbling ability for a defender.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby matrix » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:13 pm

there was a time when we wanted daniel alves...

but i dont think we will spend 15 million +  on a right back...

in the past rafa wanted alves,  but we were priced out by seville's  crazy price...

it was well known that rafa really wanted alves to fill the right wing void...

but in the end we simply could not afford to spend that kind of money on one player...

as you all know we spent the money on pennant, and kuyt...

i would welcome alves with open arms,  but i dont think he's  at the top of rafa's  list at the moment...

but then again rafa could shock us all and go in for him,  but i think its unlikely...  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:23 pm

Redman in wales wrote:1. we dont need a right back. finnan is one of the best right backs in the league

yeah but how old :/
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brenitez » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:11 pm

on the subject of arbeloa.......he gave up the number 2 shirt this week? maybe it's just me , but i read that as another defender on teir way in........???
brenitez

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:53 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again..... This boy is class. I think he would be brilliant as either as a wingback in a system with 2 holding central midfielders in a central midfield 3 or as an overlapping fullback with a right midfielder (not winger).

Would solve how we integrate Stevie, Xabi and Masch in a single team.

Of course, this would lead to another problem.... we need a similar player for the left wingback role and another quality centreback... preferably a pacy sweeper....

Unfortunately and with deep regret, I must say that this probably a pipe dream now with all the players we've brought in.... Shame really.... but heres hoping anyway... :laugh: :laugh: :D
ConnO'var

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion