Daniel Agger to sign - £5.8m fee agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:44 pm

He he. I don't no where you picked that up, but maybe, who knows. He is a very quiet lad. Very likable, but also a guy who keeps his personal life very personal. I would say that his style doesn't indicate him being gay, meaning that he surdenly is not the first one to pick up fashion trends.

But you must have some good sources, because that gay-rumor is not one I've heard before. But then again, maybe. As I said, he is just a good kid.

You know how people are, running their mouths. :D

In addition to what I told you earlier, the Brondby coach, Michael Laudrup, has via the press demanded money to buy a new star-CB (in Danish standards) if he (Laudrup) is going to stay with the club. He told the press that Agger is going to leave ("only a question of how much and when"). The "when" is most likely a matter of days, not weeks or months.

Interesting, but it seems that the chairman of the club wants to hike up the price. He's being a bit difficult
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:06 am

"Interesting, but it seems that the chairman of the club wants to hike up the price. He's being a bit difficult"

and rafa will turn elsewhere? he cant afford to. agger is suited to our football here and there is no way on earth sami and jamie carragher will carry us through..

if the price goes up.wtf, they all do. get him.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:43 am

Benitez can turn elsewhere, because he has other options.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:48 am

A.B. wrote:Benitez can turn elsewhere, because he has other options.

i wont be panicked into saying where? but they arent exactly coming out the woodwork a.b.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:52 am

red37 wrote:
A.B. wrote:Benitez can turn elsewhere, because he has other options.

i wont be panicked into saying where? but they arent exactly coming out the woodwork a.b.

Why would they? We're linked with Agger, and are working on the deal. Why would you talk about other 4 CB's when you're trying to sign another?

Benitez had a couple of options for RM last summer. It was Figo first, but he didn't talk about Simao then did he? No, he talked about him later on. Then there was also Solano and Stelios.

But we weren't talking about Stelios,Solano,Simao when we were trying to get Figo
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:02 am

i get the impression simao only came into it at the 11th hour anyway.
due to figo's missus umming and awwing too much. there wasnt time for any one else. maybe he will still come...who knows?
this agger fella keeps cropping up and by all accounts is (rumoured) to be a cert. but what if that goes pear shaped at the last minute? aside from allegedly having 4 other options
who on earth COULD that 4 be? what i mean  is..there arent that many centre backs of note and availability that are currently worth writing home about. least ways none under the kind of figures being talked about that moores and parry are willing to bankroll.

course there is no panic yet. but we lost out on vidic and we know why
how many more are left on the tree?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:06 am

i get the impression simao only came into it at the 11th hour anyway.
due to figo's missus umming and awwing too much. there wasnt time for any one else. maybe he will still come...who knows?

We don't know who was on Rafa's list, but Rafa expressed interests in more than one right winger but after one deal was not agreed. Not all in the same time.

this agger fella keeps cropping up and by all accounts is (rumoured) to be a cert. but what if that goes pear shaped at the last minute? aside from allegedly having 4 other options
who on earth COULD that 4 be? what i mean  is..there arent that many centre backs of note and availability that are currently worth writing home about. least ways none under the kind of figures being talked about that moores and parry are willing to bankroll.

Honestly, have you learned nothing from what Rafa has done in the market? Who actually knew that Crouch was on Rafa's list in the summer? Or that Alonso and Garcia would come the year before?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:06 am

course there is no panic yet. but we lost out on vidic and we know why
how many more are left on the tree?

They hiked up the price, and Vidic didn't want to join us at the end.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:06 am

fwiw and even though the reserves lost 2:1 (mellor)
roque continues to get good reports at centre half..

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:16 am

rafa does have a good eye for bargains..yes. but will he unearth one thats going to step right into the mix and deliver?

because this time its going to need to be the real deal not potential...
have you looked at the games coming up and weighed up the pro's/cons THIS window as to whether or not we could cope without quality cover? of course you have.
maybe in the summer no-one was ringing too many alarm bells at the prospect of missing out on a defender when the window closed. this time its without question and after the last couple of games where tiredness/errors are creeping in (understandably so btw) its essential.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:17 am

A.B's right, red37. In Rafa's first summer here all the media including SSN were reporting that "Garcia turns down LFC".

The next day - bang - £6.5m new boy.

Alonso was hardly reported on at all. He was another where I spent weeks flicking through the teletext and SSN, hoping for a glimmer of a signing, then without any lead up to it, he'd joined.

I can't comment on Crouch as I was out of the country when we signed him, but off the top of my head the only signings that have gone big in the press BEFORE they joined are:

Morientes,
Reina,
Nunez,
Kromkamp.

Generally speaking, the only way we get to know his genuine targets is when the other club has a w*nker with a glass tumbler to the door.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:22 am

well, like the much used and irritating phrase goes.. we can only trust that he comes up with the goods lando.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:28 am

Absolutely.
I think Agger will join though, as it's pretty obvious he wants to sign for us and his value will drop if they leave it until the summer as he's refused to sign another contract. That in itself indicates to me that a move is imminant.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:01 am

The Times says today that the move could be in doubt. Apparently the player has been called up to the u-21.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:14 am

Yeah I saw that too Bav , don't know why it should endanger the move , got any ideas ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion