Daniel Agger to sign - £5.8m fee agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby TheoRacle » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:29 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I know that his current boss now in holiday.Hope that Daniel will sign before Man U match . Hypia looks awful in our last match.

*smacks head against the wall*

Where were you when we were keeping clean sheets left and right?  :Oo: If you had payed attention, you would had noticed that Hyypia was one of our best defenders in that run.

One or two games do not make a bad player. If he plays badly consistantly then you'll have a point

I would have thought that the general concensus is that we need a back up for Hyppia and Carra.  Presumably this is so that we can give either of them a rest from time to time. Securing such a backup a soon as possible allows more time for the players to become accustomed to each other on the training ground and makes it possible for Rafa to consider putting a new player in such a key position on the bench for important games.  Lets assume the worse case scenario - Sami or Carra are having a shocker against the scum, whats our option at the moment - Traore?

Perhaps Liverpool Madman was a bit abrupt in his comment but I agree with 'the sooner the better' philospohy.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:29 am

I wish we'd just hurry up and sign him.
I can see a repeat of the Summer at this rate.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:52 am

Brondby: Liverpool rivals in for Agger Jan 9 2006

By Ian Doyle, Daily Post

BRONDBY have claimed Liverpool face competition from a number of other Premiership clubs for the signature of Daniel Agger.

The 21-year-old centre-back is the top of Rafael Benitez's January wishlist as he attempts to bolster his defensive options.

Reports in Denmark yesterday suggested Brondby have slapped a £7million price tag on the player.

Liverpool are unwilling to go above £5.5m for the player and, with other transfer options available, Benitez's patience will not last forever.

However, it is unlikely Brondby would reject Liverpool's offer for a player who is out of contract in 18 months.

Brondby chief executive Per Bjerregaard expects Agger to be training with his current club this week and has dismissed the suggestion personal terms with Liverpool have already been agreed by the player.

And he said last night: "It is 100% rubbish and is not true that personal terms have been agreed. It is true that Liverpool are one of the clubs that are interested but there are also other Premier League clubs interested in him.

"People seem to think that this story is more developed than it is in real life.

"As a guy who loves football, I want to keep our best players, but I'm realistic that there comes a time when good players have to leave."

Juventus and Bayern Munich have also been linked with Agger, but the fact Bjerregaard has named Liverpool for the first time suggests a deal is in the works.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby banana » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:48 am

We need a central defender NOW. Hyypia is a dead cat, and you know it. We need more pace, more quality on the ball and more creativity in the back urgently. We have to beat spurs and man u and that will be really difficult with Hyypia.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:49 am

Unfortunatly being European champions and looking good domestically will often make people sit up and take otice if theres a few extra bob to be earned. Its not the first time this has happened as we all saw the Simao deal go pear shaped in last few hours of the deal. But according to repors he has already agreed personal terms. I think Rafa will just let them have maybe and extra 1 1/2 Mil to shut them up. This deal needs to be sorted out quick so he can move on to Simao and Walcott.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:14 pm

We need a central defender NOW. Hyypia is a dead cat, and you know it. We need more pace, more quality on the ball and more creativity in the back urgently. We have to beat spurs and man u and that will be really difficult with Hyypia.

:D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:18 pm

I think the Brondby chairman is taking a :censored:. 5.5 million in Denmark is a hell of a lot of money, he would be crazy to raise the praise  to 7 million. I don't believe him about other teams being interested and if they are, I would think that we would be the first choice for Agger
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:29 pm

banana wrote:We need a central defender NOW. Hyypia is a dead cat, and you know it. We need more pace, more quality on the ball and more creativity in the back urgently. We have to beat spurs and man u and that will be really difficult with Hyypia.

:laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:47 pm

English paper Daily Post informs today that Liverpool FC have to bring more money if they want to sign the excellent and talented danish defender Daniel Agger. Bold.dk reports that several other clubs are linked with Agger and Brøndby therefore demands close to £6,5 mill. It is expected that Benitez and Liverpool therefore will look for alternatives as £6,5 is too much for a young danish defender.

:angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:58 pm

FFS i hope this isnt true. There should be some rules against these childish tactics once personal terms have been agreed. If we keep getting messed around were never going to sign anyone. :censored:.!!!!!

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:08 pm

bavlondon, the Brondby chairman said that NO TERMS HAVE BEEN AGREED.

They are risking losing a player on a bosman who is no willing to sign a contract. Not many Premiership clubs are going to pay what they are asking for a 21 year old. Chelsea don't need a CB, and neither do Man Utd[they signed Vidic]. Arsenal have Senderos,Campbell[sp?],Cygan, and some of the youngsters in the reserves who usually break into the 1st team like Senderos did.

What other Premiership club would be a favorite over LFC, the European Champions to Agger?

And even one of the Dannish fans here have said that Agger has only talked about Liverpool being interested in him and no other club such as Munich or Juventus as said by the Brondby chairman
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:25 pm

Still i have a bad feelig about this deal. I trust Rafa and RP but you never kow how greedy these clubs can be. If hes as good as he is rated then yes id buy him for 6 or 7 Mil but sometimes Rafa is just a bit too shrewed in the market.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:26 pm

I defended his price at 5.5, 6.5 is pushing it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:28 pm

Who else is there on the list apart from Agger?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:30 pm

Rafa and Parry said there were 4 or 5 CB's on our list. We were linked with Colloccini earlier
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion