Daniel Agger to sign - £5.8m fee agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:55 pm

Spot on Scott. Hyypa played this season while he was ill and Carragher played with an injury, we couldn't rest them because we didn't have any decent cover. If we sign Agger, then it will be a huge bonus for us.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:45 pm

Here's more news on Agger

from Ananova

Reds close to Brondby signing

Liverpool are close to completing a deal for Brondby defender Daniel Agger, according to reports in Denmark on Thursday night.

State broadcasters DR say Agger's agent Per Steffensen was in Liverpool on Wednesday and the centre-back has now agreed personal terms with the European champions, who have only to agree a fee with Brondby - expected to be around £5.5million.

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry told DR: "He is a central defender and we need at least one defender so we have a list of possibles. His name is on it - but that's all I want to say at this moment in time."

The 24-year-old has been a long term target for Benitez, who has been seeking cover for Jamie Carragher and Sami Hyypia.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:40 am

I heard on the radio that Daniel Agger was spotted in Liverpool yesterday - Having a medical and sorting out last minute contract details.

Looking good
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:50 am

stu_the_red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:i just hope this one doenst fall through. If hes as good as people are making him out to be then he can really help make our defence solid. If only he played on the left. Hes quite a few caps for someone his age.

Yeah i mean, our defense at the moment is rubbish and Riise and Warnock clearly aren't good enough... ???

Do you think Riise's not good enough?

I think he's better on left midfield but I wouldn't say he was that bad at left back. I can only think of Basle away where he had an awful game.

I think he's great going forward from a left midfield position.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:58 am

I think Stu was being sarcastic due to Bav saying our defense isn't solid on the left Effes  :)
Gaunt

Postby Effes » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:04 am

Doh!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:15 pm

More news regarding Agger, from TalkLFC

Denmark international centre half Daniel Agger has agreed personal terms with Liverpool and will be a Red by the weekend subject to a medical.

The deal could run into next week if not all the people who need to be involved are available, but Agger is very close to becoming a Red. Only a failed medical can now stand in the way of the player's move to Anfield.

Danish state broadcasting company DR confirm that Agger's agent, Per Steffensen, travelled to Liverpool on Wednesday and that Agger has agreed personal terms. His current club, Brondby IF, and Liverpool had already agreed on a fee, believed to be close to 5.5 million pounds, earlier this week.

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry told DR: "He is a central defender and we need at least one defender so we have a list of possibles. His name is on it - but that's all I want to say at this moment in time."

With a centre half as good as signed, Rafa Benitez has until the end of the month to sign his second major transfer target, a right sided midfielder. Top of the list is believed to be Benfica captain Simao Sabrosa, who had been linked with a move to Manchester United earlier this week.

Another player who has recently been named is Croatia winger Dario Srna. Srna plays on the right wing for his country but is used as a right back by his club. Jan Kromkamp's move to Anfield a few days ago may have put an end to that deal however.

In other transfer news, Liverpool have signed another young English goalkeeper. In addition to Scott Carson, Benitez has MK Dons goalkeeper David Martin who impressed the coaching staff during a trial in November.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:05 pm

Agger, Athlete of the Year

From Liverpool4Ever.DK

Daniel Agger danish national defender who are linked with Liverpool, where today elected as the best athlete of the year 2005 in Denmark by several danish media.
Agger are at the moment on holiday at Gran Canarie with his Brondby manager.
According to several danish newspapers, will Agger`s future be official next week, and it looks like his first training will be at Anfield.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:01 pm

A.B. wrote:and it looks like his first training will be at Anfield.

Is is just me or does this suggest he's injured??  I hope he can step in as cover fairly soon as the number of games seems to be finally catching up with Hypiia. 

*It's worth a mention that whenever Hypiia's age is showing through he usually has some of his best performances and reminds us of his worth.

But back to Agger, if he is injured is it a short term injury, and also more news is taht he won't be signerd till next week when the Chairman for Brondt gets back from holiday.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:13 pm

Yes he is injured, but he could recover soon and yes it says that it will be done this comming week as Agger and the chairman are on a holiday
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby karnevale (dk) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:07 pm

well no, he is not injured anymore.

He injured his knee on 12th of september and was sent in with 30 minutes to go on 15th of december where Brondby lost 3-0 at Palermo in the UEFA cup. (By the way, Brondby played terrible, but Agger was outstanding and in the 30m made himself MOTM in most supporters eyes).

However, he is probably not completely ready for premiership-action, but this has most to do with the fact that he has only played 30m's of real football in four months.

In addition I can tell you, that a rumor here in Denmark, goes that Brondby-boss (Bjerregaard) has raised the price on Agger to allegedly 6.5m£ and Liverpool (of course I may add) is not ready to honor this. I can tell you guys, that Bjerregaard will be crucified by the Brondby-supporters if he let this one go. We all love Agger and want to see more of him, but in Denmark 5.5m£ is alot of money.

To be more personal, I will tell you guys that I have supported Brondby since my dad took me to the stadium in 1988 (I was 8). And only once have I seen a player with similar possibilities of making it to the top of European football - his name was Schmeichel.

Hope you understand, despite my poor English skills
karnevale (dk)

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:29 pm

Thanks alot, I really appreciate you trying so hard even though english isn't your first language,  there've been times when i've tried to converse in spanish and trsut me it's not easy

But back to business! Even with the price being raised I can't see us paying over 5.5 mil because we have already negotiated personal terms for Agger, and that means surely he must want to come, and to date the only team to not transfer a player taht has wanted to move would be benfica with sambrosa!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:35 pm

The Brondby manager would be a fool to try to raise the price when we've already agreed on personal terms. Also, if they don't sell Agger then he could well leave on a bosman as he has 18 months on his contract and refused to sign a new one.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:43 pm

karnevale (dk) wrote:well no, he is not injured anymore.

He injured his knee on 12th of september and was sent in with 30 minutes to go on 15th of december where Brondby lost 3-0 at Palermo in the UEFA cup. (By the way, Brondby played terrible, but Agger was outstanding and in the 30m made himself MOTM in most supporters eyes).

However, he is probably not completely ready for premiership-action, but this has most to do with the fact that he has only played 30m's of real football in four months.

In addition I can tell you, that a rumor here in Denmark, goes that Brondby-boss (Bjerregaard) has raised the price on Agger to allegedly 6.5m£ and Liverpool (of course I may add) is not ready to honor this. I can tell you guys, that Bjerregaard will be crucified by the Brondby-supporters if he let this one go. We all love Agger and want to see more of him, but in Denmark 5.5m£ is alot of money.

To be more personal, I will tell you guys that I have supported Brondby since my dad took me to the stadium in 1988 (I was 8). And only once have I seen a player with similar possibilities of making it to the top of European football - he's name was Schmeichel.

Hope you understand, despite my poor English skills

The Danish Sabre...  :D

Good post... Good information and i hope Agger is on the same level as Schmeichal, that would be superb.

Also, there's nothing wrong with your english, infact, in comparrison to most of the "english" posters on here, i'd say it was pretty good. :)
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:45 pm

karnevale (dk) wrote:To be more personal, I will tell you guys that I have supported Brondby since my dad took me to the stadium in 1988 (I was 8). And only once have I seen a player with similar possibilities of making it to the top of European football - he's name was Schmeichel.

I like the sound of that.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion