Daniel Agger to sign - £5.8m fee agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:42 am

Greedy b*stards.

Well , they are human too.

But if Agger want's to join us, then they can f*ck it and accept our more-than-fair offer for their player.

If he wants to join us, that's a good news for Liverpool. Unless they reject our bid.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:44 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Greedy b*stards.

Well , they are human too.

But if Agger want's to join us, then they can f*ck it and accept our more-than-fair offer for their player.

If he wants to join us, that's a good news for Liverpool. Unless they reject our bid.

Ve have Vays of making zem talk!!!!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:49 am

Ve have Vays of making zem talk!!!!!!

Hate the game but not the player ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:06 am

Well if we don't sign him in this window, it's odds-on he'll come in the Summer for less than £5.5m, so the awkward c*nt chairman of theirs really ought to liven up and see sense.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:10 am

Well if we don't sign him in this window, it's odds-on he'll come in the Summer for less than £5.5m, so the awkward c*nt chairman of theirs really ought to liven up and see sense.

Let hope that he will sign for us :D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:00 am

Speaking of Spurs, has anyone ever wondered how come their Chairman or CEO is so willing to finance Martin Jol's bids because I'd read somewhere that he's spent some serious money on midfielders and that they have so many in that position.

Spurs spend a lot for a club who is not in Europe.

Maybe they want Agger only because Benitez is impressed by him and is bidding - let Liverpool scout and bid when they do. They don't have reliable scouts of their own? :p
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby karnevale (dk) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:11 am

First: Off course Agger don't want a move to Newcastle or Tottenham over Liverpool.

Second: Brondby would prefer selling to Liverpool, I'm quite sure of this.

Third: Agger is a great player and I really think it could be true, that several clubs are in the hunt for him. (However, I have no idea what the "right" price is for him - 4.0m£ or 8.0m£ - I couldn't say, but probably what buyer is willing to give :cool: )

Forth: This is a tactical game. LFC doesn't want to go over 5.5m£ (or maybe even not that high according some Danish sources) and Brondby wants to sell to LFC, but not losing money on it.

I think it's up to LFC - if they are buying the two Depor-players, Agger will off course go to another club. But if Benitez keep cool (if he really want Agger) he will get him.
karnevale (dk)

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:23 am

Some latest news on him .

1) Spurs to pip Reds for Agger

Tottenham boss Martin Jol is reportedly trying to beat Liverpool to the signing of highly-rated Danish centre-back Daniel Agger. Reds boss Rafael Benitez looked odds-on favourites to sign Agger last week, with a deal reportedly close. But now Spurs are hoping they can hijack the move and take the 21-year-old Brondby ace to White Hart Lane. According to the Daily Express, Danish international Agger has his heart set on a move to Anfield. But Spurs have now contacted Brondby and asked to be kept informed of developments. The Copenhagen club's chief executive Per Bjerregaard said: "We have not had an offer from Liverpool, although we were expecting one, but they are not the only Premiership club interested in the player." According to the Express Brondby want around £7million for Agger but Liverpool are only willing to pay £5.5million. That leaves the European champions open to gazumping by Spurs or Arsenal, who are also interested. The Gunners, however, would sooner make their move in the summer.

2) Arsenal confirm Agger interest

Arsenal has join Liverpool and Tottenham in the race for the 21 years old Danish national defender, Daniel Agger Brondby IF. Wenger are interested in Agger, but the club has not made any bid yet.
According to the Daily Express, Danish international Agger has his heart set on a move to Liverpool.
Tottenham have now contacted Brondby and asked to be kept informed of developments.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:27 am

Spurs wanna bid for agger ? then guess we should settle for ledley king  :p

seriously.....how in the world do newcastle and spurs have so much money ? They seem to be bidding for every player we are interested in...... :Oo:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:28 am

To replace Sami is going to be one of Rafas most difficult tasks at Anfield and a very important one.He has been our rock at the back for a few years now and I must say Im not looking forward to it when its time for him to move on or move over.
Most reports recently have been linking us with Agger who is highly regarded, but apparently Brondby are upping there asking price now to seven million.
It seems Rafa doesnt want to pay this, but I honestly think he's going to have to pull the wedge out sooner or later because if he persists in bargain hunting he may end up with nothing. As the likes of ManUre and other European clubs are getting in there and snatching them from right under our noses.
I dont know who else originally had there eye on Agger but because we have been rumoured to signing him for such a while it has drawn attention from all over Europe.
I know he wouldnt be able to join us until the 29th but if Rafa was sure about him and has had him watched since summer he should just whack the money on the table.
To eventually replacing Sami at possibly seven million I think is an absoloute bargain and would/could turn out to be Rafas best signing only second to Gerrard. Even if it means not buying a right midfielder until summer we can still cope in that area.
It must be hard to find the perfect player and to think it out on whether to buy him or not , but as I've said already if he's been scouted properly over a course of time surely he should pay on impulse just this once.
66-1112520797

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:31 am

Spurs wanna bid for agger ? then guess we should settle for ledley king

I think King is much more expensive than Agger.

I'm really worry about this matter :(
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:37 am

Cross finger everybody ....

Danish defender Daniel Agger has pulled out of a planned training camp in Spain to prepare to fly to England to undergo a medical with Liverpool.

The highly-rated 21-year-old is expected on Merseyside within the next few days with a medical pencilled in which is subject to Liverpool agreeing a transfer fee with Brondby.

More to follow....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Kopboyau » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:40 am

He'd better be worth it
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:42 am

Can we just skip the medical and sign first??
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:48 am

Brondby today went to Gran Canaria for a traning session but Agger and Brondby director Per Bjerregaard was not on the plane.
The danish sport paper BT had an interview with the two danish Brondby trainers Michael Laudrup and John "Faxe" Jensen and John was joking that Agger was sick and smiled afterwards.

BT has been informed that Liverpool director Rick Parry and Brondby director Per Bjerregaard negotiated the final contract yesterday and Agger should soon be on a plane to Liverpool for the medical examination.

The problem has been according to BT that Rafa first would not offer 5.5 million. pound but has now told Rick that they should accept that offer.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion