Daniel Agger to sign - £5.8m fee agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:12 am

Never seen him play, but the Danes have produced great players in the past - Morten Olsen, Frank Arenesen, Soeren Lerby, Michael and Brian Laudrup, Peter Schmichel and our very own Jan Molby. Schmichel was a nobody until Euro 1992 and United got him for only 750,000 pounds from Brondby and look what a player he became for united!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jbjakobs » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:33 pm

I have seen him play several times, and he's among one of the best defenders I have EVER seen, despite his young age. Rooney had severe problems facing Agger during the Denmark-England friendly.
jbjakobs

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:38 pm

bavlondon wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:Who is he ?? There's are news that state he will sign for Liverpool .

The Danish national defender Daniel Agger Brøndby, are close to sign the first contract with Liverpool in january.
Daniel Agger are number one at Rafa Benitez list.

Where is your source that we are close to signing him. Ive even read on teletext that Everton are after him as well as Arsenal and Man Utd. Id be happy if we signed him but how close are we really.

Btw he's not playing for AZ, he's playing for Brondby.

Here's some of the recent news on Agger:

Brøndby defender Daniel Agger seems to be very close a move to England and Liverpool FC.

The promising defender has been hunted by Benitez and his men for a very long time and they know seems to have hit the target.

Agger is rated as o Visit Oddsandbets.com ne of the best danish talents since the famous Michael Laudrup and that is probably why The Reds are spending a massive £5,5 mill to sign the central defender.

The 21 year old player has been ankle-injured this season, but Icliverpool.co.uk reports that the clubs will come to an agreement during the weekend.

Danish centre-back Daniel Agger has pulled out of a weeking tournament in Brondby sparking speculation that he's about to fly into Liverpool for a medical.

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry and his Brondby counterpart are currently working on the finer points of the deal which should be finalised within the next 48 hours.

It has been widely reported that Liverpool will pay around £5.5million for the highly rated player.

[iLIVERPOOL hope to conclude the signing of Daniel Agger by the weekend.

Brondby's chief executive returns from holiday tomorrow, when negotiations to bring the Dane to Anfield will enter the final stages.

The major obstacles which blocked the transfer last summer have been overcome, as Liverpool close in on a player who's been a consistent target of manager Rafa Benitez.

The 21-year-old centre-half is already preparing for the switch to Merseyside, with the fee likely to be around £5.5m.[/i]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:05 pm

Weve agreed terms he's on his way, things are looking great, just need this right sided midfielder and another striker and away we go  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:10 pm

From what i've seen of him, he looks a decent player (Marked Rooney with ease against England)and if he adjusts to the pace of the premiership he'll be a good addition.
Red Indian

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:15 pm

I've heard from a couple of friends who follow brondby that he is a really promising defender

im excited and hope he does well with us

Bolanos still on trial?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:19 pm

Yes i think he still is, it normally takes about 1-2 weeks for a decision to be made.
Red Indian

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:26 pm

Red Indian wrote:Yes i think he still is, it normally takes about 1-2 weeks for a decision to be made.

thanx for the info mate.. do u think we will sign him?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:30 pm

By the way there is a seperate Bolanos thread, just in case you missed it.  Judging by some of the comments on that thread, it is rumoured that the coaching staff have been impressed by him, however it's all speculation
Red Indian

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:35 pm

Red Indian wrote:By the way there is a seperate Bolanos thread, just in case you missed it.  Judging by some of the comments on that thread, it is rumoured that the coaching staff have been impressed by him, however it's all speculation

Sorry for any of you guys for me wandering off topic just wanted to ask a question thanx

ok thanx red indian

back to daniel Agger, I heard he is a very tough defender
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:40 pm

i just hope this one doenst fall through. If hes as good as people are making him out to be then he can really help make our defence solid. If only he played on the left. Hes quite a few caps for someone his age.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:i just hope this one doenst fall through. If hes as good as people are making him out to be then he can really help make our defence solid. If only he played on the left. Hes quite a few caps for someone his age.

Yeah i mean, our defense at the moment is rubbish and Riise and Warnock clearly aren't good enough... ???
115-1073096938

Postby inglis5 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:46 pm

Reports tonight that Agger's agent - Per Steffensen - has confirmed that personal terms have been agreed and that he will now undergo a medical. Really pleased, should be a cracking signing...
inglis5

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:51 pm

I believe he's injured at the moment [problem with an ankle I believe], I don't know when he will be able to play.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:52 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Yeah i mean, our defense at the moment is rubbish and Riise and Warnock clearly aren't good enough... ???

I think most of us are simply relieved Carra and Sami have made it to January without injury and bringing a new man in will give them a rest from time to time.
The move could be perfect for all parties. The lad is very highly rated (can't say i remember his performance against England) and because of his age i'm sure he will understand he comes in as 3rd choice and will have to fight for a place in the team.
Also the fact he is Danish would seem to be an advantage in that he will speak fluent English, won't be whinging about the weather or the lifestyle and (for some reason) Scandinavian players seem to adjust to the rigours of English football without much fuss.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion