Daniel Agger to sign - £5.8m fee agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:37 pm

If the deal was done and dusted why are we still being linked (with Rafa quoted on each occasion) to be looking at 2 more Centre Halfs??

I am not convinced that Agger will sign. Rafa knows what he is willing to pay and if Brondby don't agree then I think he will walk away!

What ever happened to Kompany? He was alleged to be signing early Jan...
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:38 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:What ever happened to Kompany? He was alleged to be signing early Jan...

yeah, according to welsh wizzard :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:03 pm

Do ya know what I dont think the feckin mancs or the barcodes have scouts, just buy every player thats linked to us, @rseholes.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:58 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Agger has already agreed personal terms.  His agent was in Liverpool last week and its all boxed off.  The problem is now getting the price sorted with Bromby.  Deal will be done sooner or later

I think this is about right

The player himself said he knows exactly whats going to happen soon and seeing that he has made it no secret that he wants to join us I expect it to go through within the week.

These rumours are just paper talk half the time - today I heared that peter reed is lined up to take over from moyes with big dunc as his assistant  :D
teamleader1

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:13 pm

karnevale (dk) wrote:According to the Danish TV2 Tottenham has now entered the hunt for Agger and is allegedly not intimidated buy the 5.5-6m£ asking price.

how many frigging players do spurs need? they've only got about 2000 players in their squad. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:04 pm

But does Agger want to go to Spurs? Being the highest bidder doesn't mean you'll automaticaly get the player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:43 pm

I think if this lad is as good as everyone is ssaying we should just pay the 7million and get him signed before someone else comes in for him.  We always seem to be very slow to get deals finalised which has cost us in the past.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:45 pm

It doesn't matter whether we think he's worth 7 million quid or not, it's down to Benitez. It's his opinion that matters as the manager, and if he doesn't value him at 7 million then why should he pay up?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:48 pm

There seem to be a lot of people getting hot under the collar on our transfer activity, or lack of it. Opinions seem divided on the price and ability , particularly of our main two targets, Agger and Simao.

Firstly I think we need to stand back a bit from how any commoditity, is purchased, be it a bag of sugar a car or a football player. The vendor either wants to sell and sets a price and the purchaser pays him that price (or not), or the potential purchaser makes an offer to the vendor and he can accept, if he wishes. Complications can occur if a third party wants the same item and is willing to pay more. Provided a contract has not been agreed the vendor can sell to this third party quite legitamately and without fear of recrimination.
The basic laws of economics come into play, supply and demand and something being worth what someone will pay.

Why are we being critical of Brondby and Benfica (alright Benfica did raise their asking price in the summer) for trying to maximise the selling price they would be fools and be liable for criticism if they did not. Just because it is Liverpool does not mean they are going to let us have these players at a lower price than others are willing to pay.

It seems in both the cases above Brondby and Benfica had no great wish to sell (or at least they say they don't).
As to if the players are actually what we want or worth the money that is subjective, if we want them, we should buy them, and stop fecking around allowing other clubs to come in and gazzump us.

We identify potential targets and then :censored:-ball around until every tom ******** and Juan in Europe knows who we are after and wonders why they did not notice the player, then we are left huffing and puffing when they go to United, Chelsea, Madrid Juventus or wherever.

I am not for throwing money away but we have been looking at Agger and Simao since the summer, if they are what we want just buy them for Christs sake.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:48 pm

because we can't afford not to get anyone again (like the last transfer window).  If we need to pay slightly over the odds to capture a YOUNG talented player, so be it.  And it's not me that values him at 7 mill.. its his current employers
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:04 pm

We just bid 8 million pounds on Alves, and it was turned down.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:18 pm

Tottenham are in the race for Agger

According to several danish media, Tottenham have joined Liverpool in the race to sign Brondby defender Daniel Agger.
Chief executive, Per Bjerregaard Brondby, confirmed that two Premier League clubs are in the race for Agger.

The 21-year-old Danish international remains high on the wanted list of Rafael Benitez, but also Tottenham, Juventus and Bayern Munich have reportedly joined Liverpool in the race.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:12 am

What ever happened to Kompany?

I don't think that we can afford him.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:25 am

Being the highest bidder doesn't mean you'll automaticaly get the player.

Yup . That all depend on which club that the player wants to play and his wage . But First of all the club must agree with the transfer fee. If there's no agree with the transfer fee, then no go. As simple as that.

If Spurs willing to pay more than Liverpool on the transfer fee , Bromby have very right to sell to Spurs and cancel the transfer to Liverpool :angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:33 am

But if the player doesn't want to move to Spurs, then it's meaningless. In the summer, Lyon made a bid for Baros which was close to 10 million pounds. Now we accepted the bid, BUT Baros did not want to go to Lyon. So we accepted the next highest bid which was Villa for 6.5. Initialy Schalke wanted to sign him but thought he was worth too much.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion