Daniel Agger to sign - £5.8m fee agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:16 am

Not a clue. I just hope Rafa closes this deal even if it costs an extra Mill or 2.  Most people on here including the Danes think hes on his way with the manner of how he was talking to reporters yesterday.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:21 am

Actually I've just seen Ciggy's comment in the "worried about our defence" thread, it casts some light on what appears to now be a real problem.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:22 am

Surely he would be given time off to secure his future rather than go off on a jolly. I find it annoying how we have been after a decent CB for about a year now and we still don't have one, then Man ushited buy 2 at the same time. Is this down to Rafa announcing the fact that we need players in certain positions? Not blaming him, i agree with the positions he feels we need to strengthen but when you tell everyone then everybody who has a decent player in the positions we need can basically hold us to randsom.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:29 am

Anfield rapper wrote:Is this down to Rafa announcing the fact that we need players in certain positions? Not blaming him, i agree with the positions he feels we need to strengthen but when you tell everyone then everybody who has a decent player in the positions we need can basically hold us to randsom.

No mate , it's not down to Rafa announcing anything , Christ even the kid next door (he's 13 ) has been tellin' me for ages that we needed some class cover for Carra and Sami.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:56 am

Well obviously liverpool fans know that. but chairmen of european clubs may not know. Fergie just went straight in "we'll have you and you" but we have difficulty because the teams we approach just keep uping the price.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:59 pm

We can forget about daniel now.:angry:

Liverpool - Interest confirmed in Depor pair
10 Jan 2006 11:07

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has confirmed his interest in signing Deportivo La Coruna pair Fabricio Coloccini and Cesar. Benitez has made no secret of his desire to sign a centre-back in the January transfer window - and has now targeted the Spanish based pair. "We have targeted Coloccini and Cesar, we are just about to obtain if they want to sell," Benitez told La Voz de Galicia. The Depor duo are the latest centre-backs to be linked with a move to Anfield, although clubcall understands that Brondby's Daneil Agger remains the number one defensive target
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:50 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:Is this down to Rafa announcing the fact that we need players in certain positions? Not blaming him, i agree with the positions he feels we need to strengthen but when you tell everyone then everybody who has a decent player in the positions we need can basically hold us to randsom.

No mate , it's not down to Rafa announcing anything , Christ even the kid next door (he's 13 ) has been tellin' me for ages that we needed some class cover for Carra and Sami.

aye, sami did get caught flat footed by luton on one or two occassions, and left me thinking about supersubs competition he did sometime ago, about that pub called flat foot sami's

:p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:29 pm

Think the Agger thing is down to timing. He has left on an U21 training camp and presumably can't negotiate terms/sign contract etc in that time. That will see us only have a few days to get him signed up. In light of the issues we had in the summer with last minute dealings falling through I don't think Rafa and Rick will have the patience. I see their point...get these players in ASAP. The sooner they are in the sooner they settle!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:40 pm

Agger has already agreed personal terms.  His agent was in Liverpool last week and its all boxed off.  The problem is now getting the price sorted with Bromby.  Deal will be done sooner or later
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:42 pm

from SSN

Brondby accept they will eventually have to allow Liverpool target Daniel Agger to leave the club.

Agger is on Rafa Benitez's wanted list as the Reds boss looks to sign a centre half during the January transfer window.

Reports in Denmark have suggested that the young stopper has already concurred on personal terms with the European champions.

Liverpool are now understood to be haggling with Brondby over a fee for Agger, who is one of the brightest defensive talents in Europe.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:43 pm

Agger has already agreed personal terms.  His agent was in Liverpool last week and its all boxed off.  The problem is now getting the price sorted with Bromby.  Deal will be done sooner or later

The whole world knew that !
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:45 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

The whole world knew that !

Not if you have read the rest of the posts on this topic...
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby karnevale (dk) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:16 pm

According to the Danish TV2 Tottenham has now entered the hunt for Agger and is allegedly not intimidated buy the 5.5-6m£ asking price.
karnevale (dk)

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:34 pm

Not if you have read the rest of the posts on this topic...

Agger has already agreed personal terms.  His agent was in Liverpool last week and its all boxed off.  The problem is now getting the price sorted with Bromby. But the problem is the boss of Bromby. He asking about 7m for this boy and now Rafa is looking Colocini and Cesar.

It's have been 11 transfer days gone,  left 19 days to go before the transfer close and we still seaching for CB and RM.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby karnevale (dk) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:21 pm

I can also tell that from people who often know what's happening inside the Brondby-organization, it's being told that Newcastle has offered 6.5m£. I don't know if this is true, but it actually could be. However, I think Brondby would prefer selling to Liverpool (more prestige selling a player to the champions of Europe), but they still want the highest price possible. I don't know what to believe.
karnevale (dk)

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion