Daniel Agger - Sorely missed ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:11 pm

He really is missed big time imho. There seems to be more of a flow in our game when he's playing, as he - as most people have already mentioned - tends to carry the ball forward instead of just lumping it like the rest of our defence does most of the time (well, our central defence at least). This gives us a great advantage in our build up, where most of the opponents probably focus on Stevie and Xabi (I now he's injured atm aswell, but that's for another thread) to make the killer pass. Not only can he make this, but he's also a threat from the distance himself, and furthermore he's good at overlapping after giving the ball to a teammate (sadly he doesn't very often receive the ball back when doing this).

So yes, he is missed for his contribution to the attacking part of our game. Defensewise we have coped quite well without him, but I'd still much rather have Agger in there than Hyypia (which isn't meant as an offence to the legend that is Sami :) ) Danny is already a very good defender, and it is my firm belief that he'll eventually be a great one.
JamCar05

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion