DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:07 pm

So you thought with the international break things would be quiet?

Think again.

A bit of Agger drama (Agger Drammer).  He's unhappy about his playing time.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4914133,00.html
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:10 pm

I am as well to be honest. I don't think he done anything wrong to deserve losing his place to Skrtl when he came back from injury. Agger was playing well for us and should be in the first 11 always.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:23 pm

I thought he has just signed a new contract ??? seems a bit odd to sign it and THEN moan.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:29 pm

bigmick wrote:I thought he has just signed a new contract ??? seems a bit odd to sign it and THEN moan.

not signed yet mick. plus he's been injured during january . Get the lad signed up you american tw@ts.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Ah right I stand corrected, I was sure I'd read it somewhere that he'd signed the bugger. I definately think it would be a huge mistake to allow his deal to run adown as I rate him. FWIW I actually think he's a better player than Skyrtel, but it's all opinions I supose.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:35 pm

bigmick wrote:Ah right I stand corrected, I was sure I'd read it somewhere that he'd signed the bugger. I definately think it would be a huge mistake to allow his deal to run adown as I rate him. FWIW I actually think he's a better player than Skyrtel, but it's all opinions I supose.

Just speculation from the press as usual mick . I think Agger alongside skittles is the future meself mick , sorry jamie lad .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I think Agger alongside skittles is the future meself mick , sorry jamie lad .

Deffo agree there Igor.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Agger present is good. Agger's future will be brilliant. So we simply can't do the toughest part of the learning process and then offload the player so that another team enjoys the work we have done with him.

Sign him now. He's crucial for the future, his passing is better than some midfielders', his long diagonal balls are very good, he helps to create superiority in numbers when the midfield is crowded when he brings the ball, he's getting experience.

A new contract now!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:08 am

We cant afford to lose him, we need to sign him up now. I really hope that we can juggle the 3 of them, bad news for Sami though as I cant see him getting a look in with the other three in good form and fit.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:32 am

from soccernet:

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger could walk out on the club if he remains on the fringes of the first team at Anfield.

Agger has found himself down the pecking order under Rafael Benitez, with Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel the manager's preferred partnership in the heart of defence.

The 24-year-old Denmark international, who has failed to agree terms on a contract extension with the club, was linked with a move to AC Milan during last month's transfer window but that deal failed to materialise.

Hopes that Agger will commit his future to Liverpool are fast fading, and it has been reported he will try to buy out the rest of his contract in the summer.

"Let me be honest and admit that, if I don't play, then it's untenable and it can't go on like that," Agger told Sporten.dk.

"It's never nice for a footballer to not play regularly. That is something I will not hide. But my situation at the club is that he [Benitez] doesn't want to let me play.

"So far I have opted to stay and wait for my chance and to fight for my place.

"I feel I am good enough. Therefore, it irritates me when I don't play. I am waiting for the chance to play a number of matches and to show that I am good enough."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:43 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:"It's never nice for a footballer to not play regularly. That is something I will not hide. But my situation at the club is that he [Benitez] doesn't want to let me play.

Sounds like he's been getting lots of explanations, assurances, arms around the shoulder, goals to aim for in order to play more etc anyway.

He might be club captain in 18 months if Rafa leaves. By all accounts everyone else will feck off, but something tells me from reading between the lines that Agger might just stick it out to see what happens in that eventuality.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:43 am

It's a bad sign when a player is benched and he doesn't care. I guess it was  hard for Alonso to admit he could be sold, but the proper place to talk are not the microphones but the pitch.

For that matter he spoke well in the pitch the last game.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:54 am

Daniel Agger threatens to quit Liverpool

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has said he will walk out on the club if he remains on the fringes of the first team at Anfield.

Last Updated: 10:08AM GMT 12 Feb 2009

Agger has found himself down the pecking order under Rafael Benitez, with Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel the manager's preferred partnership in the heart of defence.

The 24-year-old Denmark international, who has failed to agree terms on a contract extension with the club, was linked with a move to AC Milan during last month's transfer window, but that deal failed to materialise.

Hopes that Agger will commit his future to Liverpool are fast fading, and it has been reported he will try to buy out the rest of his contract in the summer.

"Let me be honest and admit that, if I don't play, then it's untenable and it can't go on like that," Agger said.

"It's never nice for a footballer to not play regularly. That is something I will not hide. But my situation at the club is that he (Benitez) doesn't want to let me play.

"So far I have opted to stay and wait for my chance and to fight for my place.

"I feel I am good enough. Therefore, it irritates me when I don't play. I am waiting for the chance to play a number of matches and to show that I am good enough."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:00 pm

Sabre wrote:It's a bad sign when a player is benched and he doesn't care. I guess it was  hard for Alonso to admit he could be sold, but the proper place to talk are not the microphones but the pitch.

For that matter he spoke well in the pitch the last game.

It's not so much that I'm moaning that the player cares, but more that i'm commenting on my read that agger hasn't had a lot of dialogue. We all remember the situation with Keane and the feeling from his point of view anyway that their had been no reasons given, no explanation whatsoever why he didn't play, and to me it seems odd...

Excuse me a second "it's because he played like a muppet, he's sh!t, Parry signed him, he had loads of chances, feck him anyway etc etc". that's my good deed for the day, I thought I'd save them the job of typing it.

Anyway back to the real World, i thought that was odd. If it is/was the case with Agger, then perhaps Sammy should give it the old "arm around the shoulder" bit, because somebody needs to.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:41 pm

maybe we will keep playing three at the back and keep him happy
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion