DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SuperK » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Why good news?

last I look, Prikc Parry is still with us.

God  :help  us
SuperK

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:02 pm

GYBS wrote:So our manager says agger wants to stay - great news .

Yes , Agger wants to stay but I think Rafa really wants to sell him and buy GB from Villa ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby GYBS » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:14 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Yes , Agger wants to stay but I think Rafa really wants to sell him and buy GB from Villa ...

two totally different players .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alanricouk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:41 am

If we lose Agger, someone has to be sacked for that.
alanricouk

Postby DanAn » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:43 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Barry can by his contract for 2m in summer so that thrrows that one out.
DanAn

Postby milou » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 am

Why is Agger not even in the squad? Is he injured? If not, the situation is just getting weirder and weirder.

Hyypia is already a legend in my book but he has so obviously past his prime and shouldn't be playing so regularly anymore. He wasn't in the beginning of the season and then suddenly got back into Rafa's plan after Skytel's injury.. keeping out Agger on MOST games.

Besides the goal conceded which I thought Hyypia should shoulder some (not all) blame for, I thought he struggled to keep up with Everton's breaks on more than one occasion.. losing out on many 50-50 challenges/encounters. 

I dunno about the rest but I can really sense there is something brewing here about Agger that we are not aware of.
Last edited by milou on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
milou

Postby milou » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:01 am

milou wrote:Why is Agger not even in the squad? Is he injured? If not, the situation is just getting weirder and weirder.

Hyypia is already a legend in my book but he has so obviously past his prime and shouldn't be playing so regularly anymore. He wasn't in the beginning of the season and then suddenly got back into Rafa's plan after Skytel's injury.. keeping our Agger on MOST games.

Besides the goal conceded which I thought Hyypia should shoulder some (not all) blame for, I thought he struggled to keep up with Everton's breaks on more than one occasion.. losing out on a few 50-50 encounters. 

I dunno about the rest but I can really sense there is something brewing here about Agger that we are not aware of.

I think as much as a legend Hyypia already is, he should only be a back-up defender rather than playing week in week out. His lack of speed was so apparent yesterday (most notably his miss) as he shed possibly another one full second off his already slow speed. It was almost like watching slow motion sometimes :D
Last edited by milou on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
milou

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:46 am

Get him signed up and give him whatever he wants.

Last night proved how much a team can suffer when their defenders lack abilities on the ball. With the exception of Aurelio, the other three of the back four's weaknesses on the ball really showed and consequently we never really managed to build anything from the back.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:49 pm

I think he has to stay IMO, unless we draft in some better to replace him, but do we even have the money for that these days? I dont rate Skrtel and think Agger offers a lot more to the side, plus the face that Sammi cant go on forever, which is worrying because he is still probably our best centre back on current form.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DanishBacon » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:13 pm

Today the danish newspaper www.ekstrabladet.dk brings an inverview with agger on the situation in LFC.

A frustrated Agger says: "It is all up to Liverpool, I havent heard anything from the club since early november" referring to a conversation he and his his agent Per Steffensen had  with Rick Perry and Rafael Benitez before the CL game against Atletico Madrid.

"We were told that the club would get back to us soon, but now its been 12 weeks since we spoke. It is a irritating situation, and it is frustrating that we have not heard from the club. They were the ones who told us they would get back to us soon"

------

So there is only one way to see this: Agger has been ready to sign a new contract all the time. Dont you ever doubt his commitment to LFC. This is a guy with his heart in the right spot, he is not at greedy :censored:.

Clearly the whole Milan "thing" was an attempt to put pressure on LFC for keeping him waiting too long. And that was fair enough, what else is to expect when LFC clearly has kept him waiting for too long. Now that can only mean that LFC have doubts about Aggers abilities. Clearly they do not rate him as high as a lot of us thinks he deserves.

He is an excellent defender, and will only get better in the coming years. But what makes him special is his ability to bring the ball forward. That is excatly what LFC needs. And he is a goalscorer too.

Get this thing sorted out now.
DanishBacon

Postby we all dream... » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:31 pm

It is embarassing reading articles like this about our club. We have had the same problem for years. PLays who want to stay do not get offered a contract untill late in the day, by thistime becasue there valuation has dropped as they are coming to the end of their contract big european clubs will circle around players who have potential. If agger had 4years left on his contract the european big boys would not be coming in for him and making him turn his head A becuase its attractive and B because he is worried about his situation at Anfield becasue of the lack of comunication between the men with the money and the players. This has happened with Macmanaman, Owen and nearly with Gerrard.

I wish someone would start running the club like a professional multi national mulit million pound company.

The mistakes they are making are criminal.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....748.ece

There are a lot of artilces on LFC in the Times today that all make for 'interesting reading,' be they factual or not.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eonerf » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:02 am

If we not careful we'll end up becoming like Arsenal when it comes to contracts...
eonerf

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:16 am

Would not be suprised if he turns his back on the club and leaves! Shocking behaviour from LFC!

We are doing a grand job of f*cking our season after such a positive start.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:43 pm

has anyone heard anything about danny hitting the bottle hard over the last few weeks someone at work just said about him having been out on the lash a sh*t load in the last few weeks??
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:46 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:has anyone heard anything about danny hitting the bottle hard over the last few weeks someone at work just said about him having been out on the lash a sh*t load in the last few weeks??

Surely as you and him are on a nick-name terms basis, you should know this already, Graham?

:p  :D
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion