DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Zidane wrote:Probably just used this whole thing as leverage for a bigger contract.

That's exactly what it was mate.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:14 pm

So after slagging agger off calling him loads of names based purely on specualtion in the media and nothing from the player or agent himself and the only thing mentioned was rafa saying give him what he wants - now thw agent says he doent want to leave instead of people saying "yeah sorry we were wrong about what we said about agger " they are now saying he is using it to get better wages ? more accusations on the character of agger without any basis of real fact ?!
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Probably the agent went to Milan without Agger's consent. His agent just want to fabricate a move away from LFC to make himself more money.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:33 pm

Is there any proof of aggers agent there os just specualtion on ssn ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:12 pm

It was just 'rumors'.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:12 pm

Exactly Bav - rumours and pure speculation .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:16 pm

good news
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:20 pm

GYBS wrote:So after slagging agger off calling him loads of names based purely on specualtion in the media and nothing from the player or agent himself and the only thing mentioned was rafa saying give him what he wants - now thw agent says he doent want to leave instead of people saying "yeah sorry we were wrong about what we said about agger " they are now saying he is using it to get better wages ? more accusations on the character of agger without any basis of real fact ?!

Sorry Agger :D
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Ill believe it once he has signed a new contract and actually given a proper statement himself.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:49 pm

Alex G. wrote:Ok, this is all speculations but you agree with me that leaving Liverpool in January just when we are challenging for the title and need his contribution to the team more than ever, it´s not very "loyal and grateful".   .

Sorry Alex, your town-mate San Jose will have to continue waiting  :D

Jokes aside, I'm all for giving stick to unloyal players, but IMHO it was a too early judgement to label Agger that way.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Sabre wrote:
Alex G. wrote:Ok, this is all speculations but you agree with me that leaving Liverpool in January just when we are challenging for the title and need his contribution to the team more than ever, it´s not very "loyal and grateful".   .

Sorry Alex, your town-mate San Jose will have to continue waiting  :D

Jokes aside, I'm all for giving stick to unloyal players, but IMHO it was a too early judgement to label Agger that way.

Didn´t know San José, how good is he??
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:58 pm

The Best man to ask around here is JoeTerp the American. He watches a lot of footie of the younger lads and he has seen probably the lad playing as of late.

I watched San Jose a couple of times when he was at Bilbao, and he seemed to me one of the many basque CB that pop up these years mate, nothing special. It was a surprise for me Liverpool signed him.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:24 am

Sabre wrote:The Best man to ask around here is JoeTerp the American. He watches a lot of footie of the younger lads and he has seen probably the lad playing as of late.

I watched San Jose a couple of times when he was at Bilbao, and he seemed to me one of the many basque CB that pop up these years mate, nothing special. It was a surprise for me Liverpool signed him.

hard to say how good he is. Saying that he is the best CB currently in the reserves isn't really saying much. I believe he was on the bench against Chelsea last year in the league, and he played for Spain in the UEFA U19 tournament this summer.  Its hard to tell who is rated higher between him and Jack Hobbs (currently doing well on loan at the best league one defense), and many have been unimpressed by him although he didn't look too out of place either. 

Last season he played really well in the reserves, they had a tremendous goals allowed record during their long unbeaten run that won the title for the reserves.

I would think Rafa would try and replace Agger if he had been sold. However, if he didn't find one and everybody stayed fit,  I think San Jose is probably good enough to be trusted for three or four appearances carefully chosen by Rafa
JoeTerp

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Agger contract saga makes Benitez see red        January 19 2009 at 04:15PM 

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has opened up a new front in his power struggle with the Premier League club's hierarchy by criticising the failure to give defender Daniel Agger a new contract.

Days after himself rejecting a new deal, Benitez is worried about losing the Denmark international, whose agent has been spotted with AC Milan officials, due to dithering over a contract.

Benitez could be using Agger's predicament to highlight why he is demanding Liverpool's American owners give him more control over transfers instead of chief executive Rick Parry.

"The club has been too slow on Agger's contract," Benitez said. "Agger is now in the papers because we were not quick enough. I was talking to Agger and his agent, and Agger was telling me he wants to stay.

"His commitment to the club is 100 percent, but they have been waiting and waiting and waiting and they don't know what is happening. This could be the same situation with other players."

Netherlands forward Dirk Kuyt and Spain defender Alvaro Arbeloa are in the final 18 months of their contracts - like Benitez, who wanted a speedy resolution to his own talks over new terms when they opened in November.

"I wanted to finish my contract in one week and deal with other things because I was only thinking about what is best for my club," Benitez said. "I don't know if it is a worry about (Agger and) Milan but I do know the player wants to stay here. He wants to stay and so we can find a solution."

Benitez is set to meet co-owners George Gillett Junior and Tom Hicks at the end of the months to discuss his demands, which include greater control over the youth academy and future signings.

But Benitez is yet to convince the owners that he has the business acumen or negotiating skills to gain more power. Concern in the boardroom also centres over his lack of focus in determining future players.

"I don't know how difficult it will be to resolve," Benitez said. "I only know I decided to finish it because I think it is in the best interests of my club... I am only talking about working within a budget, not controlling everything."

But it seems unlikely the impasse will be resolved before May - overshadowing Liverpool's bid for a first English championship since 1990.

"Now I have answered and the matter is closed," Benitez said. "We can't be talking about this until May, especially as we are in a fantastic position.

"It is better to concentrate on football and I think the answer I have given will help our title challenge."

The Reds can return to the top of the Premier League standings Monday by beating Everton after being toppled Saturday by defending champion Manchester United, which won at Bolton. - Sapa-AP
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:56 pm

So our manager says agger wants to stay - great news .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion