DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:41 am

Rafa should not have to make a plea like this out in the open for an important player likehim. Come on yanks sort it out.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 am

metalhead wrote:
john craig wrote:People need to dry their eyes over this Agger contract situation.  The simple fact is that he's a good player but not a top class one worth the 70k a week his agent is asking for.  At the moment he's our 4th most consistent centre back and that's a fact. 

I don't care if he's young, has potential, can step out with the ball from the back blah blah blah, defending is what he's paid to do and he's not good enough to get into our first XI on current form.  Therefore who the fu.ck is he to hold us to ransom over his wages.  He either lowers his demands or he fu.cks off, plain and simple, if that's for 7-8 mil to Milan, then imo it's not a bad price for a guy who cost 3.5mil and has spent as much time injured as he has on the pitch since he's been here.  People saying he's worth 12+mil are talking pie in the sky rubbish.

Furthermore, with 8 million I'm more than confident that Benitez could find another centre half who'd be at least as good as Agger - his track record at buying defensive players is generally good.

I must stress that in an ideal world I'd like Agger to stay, but if he doesn't, well it's just not that big a deal imo.

Agreed John, but 8m is not good enough for a player we bought for 5m

10-12m is the right price.

I just wish he was tried at left back before anything is decided. Insua looks very good and long term I predict he will be brilliant but he is young and we need experience at the moment. Agger has a great left foot - I SAY GIVE IT A TRY !! Even a bad left foot would be better than Dossena and Rafa paid £7m for him so it would not be that easy to find a replacement for Agger with £8m. Not decided about Aurellio but so far he has not set Anfield on fire.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:05 pm

left back ? He is a cb not a left back , just because he has a great left foot doesnt mean he should be tried there . He doesnt have the game to be bombing up and down the left wing supporting left mid . He is a cb back end off and a bloody good one on the ball . Let left backs play left back and cbs play cb . The guy has never played left back and hope it stays that way .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Just to remind the folks who say that Agger is worth 10-12 million, Utd paid 30 million for Rio Ferdinand.

Agger is worth 18-20 million, especially to Milan who will be cash rich next week.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:06 pm

SSN have just said he is in milan with his agent.

FFS whats goin on?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Its like one of them loose threads of cotton - you start to give it a pull to see what happens....before long the whole f*ckin thing unravels before your eyes.  :no

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Alex G. » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:53 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:some people here need a reality check. you keep accusing Agger of being greedy and whatsoever but where are your sources? did he tell you that personally? is there any evidence? so till then its just media making up assumptions and you're falling for it. no one knows what exactly is going on except for those parties involved so why cant we support the player instead of bashing him for no reason or rhyme? ???
its not like he is playing cack and demanding a wage raise. he has earned it. so all you haters out there, stop talking sh!t and support him.

I support the loyal servants for this club even when they are playin like :censored:.

But Do you really think Agger want to leave cause he´s not playing regularly?

I don´t think so, he´s playing a lot of games, and never was out of position.
For me it´s clear he wants go to Milan cause he considers them bigger than Liverpool.
Ok, this is all speculations but you agree with me that leaving Liverpool in January just when we are challenging for the title and need his contribution to the team more than ever, it´s not very "loyal and grateful".   .
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:54 pm

He staying YES :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Says who?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:05 pm

source ciggy ? If true and i mean if then some people clearly need to have a word with themselves and not jump to incorrect assumptions . Some of the stuff said on here about agger is disgusting coming from liverpool fans . Didnt realise we started believing the media all of a sudden
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:05 pm

I hold my hand up. Yeah it says on the Pennant article on SS that the AC Milan transfer is off.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Ciggy wrote:He staying YES :buttrock

Hope so.

I rate the player a lot. Rafa knows well there are not as good CB in his country as in the eighties. And it's even more rare to see good CB with the ease Agger has for the ball. Very important for those games against 10 men behind the wall. He creates superiority in numbers in the middle.

Agger had an injury nightmare yesteryear, and might have an average this season, but I hope Rafa and all of us have learned the lesson, you don't let the quality go.

I hope ciggy's optimism in this matter confirms.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Agger not leaving Anfield
Friday 16 Jan 2009

Know your Redknapps from your Rossoneri? Then put your knowledge to good use by playing Footy 15 for big money!

Denmark defender Daniel Agger wants to remain at Liverpool despite speculation linking him with a move to AC Milan.

The 24-year-old defender's agent claims his client is happy at Anfield and keen to pledge his long-term future to the club despite interest from the Italian giants.

Agger joined Liverpool from Brondby in January 2006 and has made 70 appearances for the Reds despite struggling at times with injury.

"Daniel is still under contract with Liverpool for 18 months," said agent Per Steffensen.

"I am a reliable player agent and it is obvious that I am not starting any negotiations concerning a transfer in such a situation.

"Whoever wants to sign Daniel at this point has to get in touch with Liverpool first. These are the rules in this business.

"Daniel does not want to move actually."

4thegame

---------

I don't know how reliable this is though.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Actual quotes from the players agent is more reliable than the pure specualtion a lot of people have been basing their opinions on mate - all we need now is for him to sign a new contract
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:55 pm

Probably just used this whole thing as leverage for a bigger contract.
Zidane

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion