DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:48 am

RAFA: AGGER WILL BE BACK

Rafael Benitez today revealed Daniel Agger is on course to make a full recovery after undergoing surgery on his troublesome metatarsal.
The Danish defender is almost certainly out for the remainder of the season after the club decided to operate on the injury which has caused him so many problems this season.

Having not played a first team match since September, Agger is now facing up to the likely prospect of spending the remainder of the season on the sidelines, but his manager is looking forward to welcoming him back into his plans in the summer.

"I have been talking with the doctors and with Daniel and he is okay," said Benitez.

"He has more confidence now that the operation is over. He was feeling pain in his foot and so we decided to have the operation.

"The doctors have told me that in a normal situation his season is finished but that he will be back for next season. If he improves quickly and makes good progress then he could play before the end of this season, but I think we will wait for next year. It will be like having a new signing when he is back.

"I know he is happier now. He has been trying so hard to get back fit again but now he can look forward to next season knowing it will be a different situation for him."

Well it looks like the operation went well.  Wish Agger full recovery and I hope to see him healthy and ready to play next year.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159237080319-0728.htm
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:57 pm

stmichael wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Agger out again, same thing, they are not sure how bad it is yet?

the way it's going i can see him missing the rest of the season mate.

p.s. i am not liverpool's physio :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:26 pm

A bit more on the story from the Echo:

Liverpool solve Daniel Agger injury riddle
Mar 19 2008 EXCLUSIVE by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

THE operation to cure Daniel Agger's longstanding foot problem has been declared a success by surgeons.

The Danish international has been out of first team action for Liverpool since breaking a metatarsal last September.

He has attempted a comeback on two separate occasions, but after training and playing for the reserves, Agger told Liverpool's physios that he was still feeling pain in his foot and it was decided that surgery was the only option.

Agger went under the knife on Monday afternoon and surgeons discovered a piece of floating bone which they believe was the source of his ongoing discomfort.

The 23-year-old defender will now return to Melwood to begin his rehabilitation with a view to being fit in time for the start of next season, although a comeback ahead of schedule before the end of this season has not bee ruled out.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is delighted that the problem finally appears to have been solved.

He said: "Daniel was reporting some pain in his foot so it was decided that he would go for an operation.

"He has now had that operation and the surgeons believe they have found out what was causing him the pain.

"Daniel has more confidence now that the operation is over..

"The doctors have told me that in a normal situation his season is finished but that he will be back for next season. If he improves quickly and makes good progress then he could play before the end of this season, but I think we will wait for next year. It will be like having a new signing when he is back.

"I know he is happier now. He has been trying so hard to get back fit again but now he can look forward to next season knowing it will be a different situation for him.

"It has been a big blow to Daniel and to us that he has been out for so long, but hopefully the problem has now been sorted out and he can start working towards being fit for the start of next season.

"Martin Skrtel has come into the side and done very well along with Carra and Sami Hyypia, but it will obviously be good to have Daniel back because he is an important player for us."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....0645837

---------------------------------------------------------------------
A piece of floating bone ???  Someone must have f'ed up in the original operation then :O  Anyway, I'm just glad it is apparently all solved now, and I'll be delighted when I see him back on the field next season. And now we can put aside all those stupid rumours aswell once and for all.
JamCar05

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:35 pm

JamCar05 wrote:A bit more on the story from the Echo:

THE operation to cure Daniel Agger's longstanding foot problem has been declared a success by surgeons.

The Danish international has been out of first team action for Liverpool since breaking a metatarsal last September.

He has attempted a comeback on two separate occasions, but after training and playing for the reserves, Agger told Liverpool's physios that he was still feeling pain in his foot and it was decided that surgery was the only option.

Agger went under the knife on Monday afternoon and surgeons discovered a piece of floating bone which they believe was the source of his ongoing discomfort.

The 23-year-old defender will now return to Melwood to begin his rehabilitation with a view to being fit in time for the start of next season, although a comeback ahead of schedule before the end of this season has not bee ruled out.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is delighted that the problem finally appears to have been solved.

He said: "Daniel was reporting some pain in his foot so it was decided that he would go for an operation.

"He has now had that operation and the surgeons believe they have found out what was causing him the pain.

"I know he is happier now. He has been trying so hard to get back fit again but now he can look forward to next season knowing it will be a different situation for him.

"It has been a big blow to Daniel and to us that he has been out for so long, but hopefully the problem has now been sorted out and he can start working towards being fit for the start of next season.

"Martin Skrtel has come into the side and done very well along with Carra and Sami Hyypia, but it will obviously be good to have Daniel back because he is an important player for us."

A piece of floating bone ???  Someone must have f'ed up in the original operation then :O  Anyway, I'm just glad it is apparently all solved now, and I'll be delighted when I see him back on the field next season. And now we can put aside all those stupid rumours aswell once and for all.

a "floating bone"?

surely an x-ray or a scan would have shown it up?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:34 pm

stmichael wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:A bit more on the story from the Echo:

a "floating bone"?

surely an x-ray or a scan would have shown it up?

You should have thought so, yes. Somewhere someone must be a bit embarrased about this whole injury affair, me thinks.
JamCar05

Postby Rush Job » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:46 am

When they say floating bone do they mean a random bit of bone that shouldnt be there? if so wtf is going on :(
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:12 am

What's happening to our great dane at the back? I know Carra and Skrtel have been performing quite well recently, but I really don't understand how Agger is all of the sudden left completely out of the squad ??? (I know it was just one game, but still he doesn't seem to be the one rotated into the starting lineup atm either). In the summer break Rafa himself made a big deal about how much we missed Agger's contribution last season, though now there doesn't seem to be room for him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should break up the Carra and Skrtel partnership, it just seems a bit odd to me, that Agger doesn't seem to be rated that highly anymore. I know he was out for a long time, but he hasn't got any problems atm, as he himself has stated, that he's in great physical shape. Maybe we'll see him against Marseille as Hyypia is cuptied? I don't now, was just wondering as a couple of seasons ago he was a regular on our way to the CL-final, and thus far he has only played one single game this season. As long as we're winning it doesn't really matter though, I suppose.
JamCar05

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:16 am

I think Rafa is easing Agger back in gently to protect him from any more damage on the foot - he was out for a year , so think being eased into the team just like he did when he first arrived . By middle of season can see him carra and skittle all playing important roles with skittle being used in the physical battles and agger being used in Cl and against the skillful quick players.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:14 pm

Still think he's a better partner for Carragher long term but, at the moment, Skrtel's doing a good job and I applaud Rafa for not chopping and changing the back line too much.  He'll get his chance again soon (maybe as early as Tuesday).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:26 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Still think he's a better partner for Carragher long term but, at the moment, Skrtel's doing a good job and I applaud Rafa for not chopping and changing the back line too much.  He'll get his chance again soon (maybe as early as Tuesday).

Still not sure about Skyrtel Bob. I've had a good look at the goal which Man Utd scored and while I've no idea what the pundits in the UK made of it, I don't think Skyrtel comes out of the analysis too well.

For me he gets beaten to the punch slightly by Tevez getting in front of him for the flick to Berbatov (I think it was Skyrtel anyway). He then does what he has a tendency to do on occasions and ball watch. I appreciate he has to fill the spaces in the centre of the box as carragher gets pulled to the Bulgarian, but when the ball gets squared accross the face of the goal the Argentine is suddently in ten square yards of space. It's a good finish and a well worked goal, but as a central defender you can't just blindly career off after the ball and not even look for the other striker of two in situations like that. He gets drawn to the ball like a magnet sometimes, and although he has certain qualities I don't think as yet he is quite up to it as a defender.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:53 pm

You can't bring Agger back into a team that looks to be defending very well. Carra and Skrtel are solid and the FB's look comfortable as well. It's a long hard season and Agger will be given plenty of opportunity to get back in.

As someone has rightly pointed out...Rafa is easing Agger back to 100% fitness!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:55 pm

bigmick wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Still think he's a better partner for Carragher long term but, at the moment, Skrtel's doing a good job and I applaud Rafa for not chopping and changing the back line too much.  He'll get his chance again soon (maybe as early as Tuesday).

Still not sure about Skyrtel Bob. I've had a good look at the goal which Man Utd scored and while I've no idea what the pundits in the UK made of it, I don't think Skyrtel comes out of the analysis too well.

For me he gets beaten to the punch slightly by Tevez getting in front of him for the flick to Berbatov (I think it was Skyrtel anyway). He then does what he has a tendency to do on occasions and ball watch. I appreciate he has to fill the spaces in the centre of the box as carragher gets pulled to the Bulgarian, but when the ball gets squared accross the face of the goal the Argentine is suddently in ten square yards of space. It's a good finish and a well worked goal, but as a central defender you can't just blindly career off after the ball and not even look for the other striker of two in situations like that. He gets drawn to the ball like a magnet sometimes, and although he has certain qualities I don't think as yet he is quite up to it as a defender.

... and what's your point regarding Agger then mate, this being the Official Agger-thread and all? (Just kidding  :D). But in all honesty I would like to know what your opinion is, i.e. do you think Agger is a better solution to Skrtel in central defence, and if so would you - being the antirotationalist that you are  :p - play him instead of Skrtel atm, even though we are currently winning most our games? Just curious  :;):
JamCar05

Postby Owzat » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:57 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:You can't bring Agger back into a team that looks to be defending very well. Carra and Skrtel are solid and the FB's look comfortable as well. It's a long hard season and Agger will be given plenty of opportunity to get back in.

As someone has rightly pointed out...Rafa is easing Agger back to 100% fitness!

It's not a good situation, if that can be said of a situation where we're defending well. On the one hand we're defending so well Rafa will be loathe to change the CB pairing, on the other hand Agger won't like being left out.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:07 pm

I'm sure all of you are aware of the rumours. Personally I thought it was B/S but these sort of comments from Agger make you think twice.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:10 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I'm sure all of you are aware of the rumours. Personally I thought it was B/S but these sort of comments from Agger make you think twice.

Not too sure about which rumours you're talking about there mate, could you enlighten me and others who maybe aren't up to date a bit?
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion