Crouch is a more talented footballer than carroll

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:06 am

On a lighter note, the pro Carroll guys are saying we need to supply the balls to him to score. So let us all hope he's got the BALLS to score and no lack of confidence. LOL
alwayslfc

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:42 am

I hoped Carroll come good and make all these whiners eat some humble pies...but so far he has not deliver or justify the expectations or the 35mil paid for him. Part of blame has to go to Kenny/Camoli, part to the Judas for jumping ship in the last moment but the big blame should fall on the big man for his lack of professionalism to take the opportunity in front of him!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:01 am

Dont we already have a slagging off Andy Carroll thread?  :sleep
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:09 am

personally i think the thread starter is understating Carroll's ability on the ground.
He has decent feet and turns pretty well either side.

He does need to improve but to be fair he did against Wolves, i thought he had a decent game.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:58 am

Not more talented but more experienced and much older.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:31 am

the kid is a work in progress. people have a go at him purely because of what he cost, plain and simple. and as for the crouchcomparison, would this be the crouch who didn't score in his first 15 games for us when he signed and was getting the same barbaric treatment from fans? the way fans just expect finished articles these days would have seen ian rush virtually written off aswell when he started his liverpool career pretty unspectacularly.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Fu'ck it
I think Ill join the moanin arl tarts club

Carroll is a disgrace. For 35 million pounds he should be scoring hat tricks with his knob
What could we have bought with that money? Anyone who would have been better than him. Berbatov for example. At least he has premiership experience.
And that pony tail!
A 35 million pounds player doesnt have a pony tail. And a 35 million pounds player would be a teetotal and not touch a drop of alcohol. Plus a 35 million pounds player would never get injured or fall over on the floor or miss a shot
KK and Comolli are a disgrace for spending 35 million pounds on a player who is basically sh'ite and will never be any good. They have skint this club by paying 35 million pounds for a useless big lump who cant head or kick a ball. Plus everyone else is laughing at us because he cost 35 million pounds
I believe that we will not qualify for europe and probably be relegated because we spent 35 million pounds on Carroll
35MILLION POUNDS!!!
:p
Thommo's perm

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 pm

I dont recognize the current Liverpool FC Supporters.  I am probably a bit older than a lot on here, but the amoount of posts showing little or no patience with our players is simply not the Liverpool way.

Sure - Carroll is not the finished article, he needs to improve (which I thought he did this weekend) but he is not a poor player at all.  His potential is huge, but its not going to happen overnight.

he cost £35 mill.. So what.. I didnt pay for him, the club bought him for the future, as Kenny keeps saying he has been signed not only for 6 weeks but for the considerable future.

Stop your moaning and get behind ALL our players.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Im kinda on the fence when it comes to big Andy.  I don't really buy the lack of fitness arguement because he hasnt been injured for 6 months now.  Despite a good performance against Wolves, i still think we could make a better starting 11 without him.. especially when Stevie is fully fit. (4-2-3-1). 

On the other hand, im not gonna write any player off that hasnt had a full season.  Some players settle right away but some take time to adapt to a new club.  (Yossi, Crouch for example).

I actually think he'll be better when we're in away from home in Europe looking for a draw.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:27 pm

Aside from overhead kicks, there is nothing that Crouchy has over Carroll. I've been critical of Andys lack of application and overall ability but I also remember the infuriation of seeing crouch having less strength than a knat, and not working on that part of his game. Carrolls a little quicker, has a better shot, stronger all round, especially in the air, and he is HERE now, so i don't see the point of looking for other lanky strikers to compare him to.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:40 pm

He'll be Kenny's Tosh eventually.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:31 pm

It only opinions, cold hard reality is Andy is at the start of his career at greatest football club in the world. While Peter is at Stoke (May he continue to takes points of MANCs god bless  lanky giraffe frame) and I really cant see how comparsions are relevant
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:35 pm

I really like Crouch but at the same time he doesn't have the same potential as Carrol. Time will tell.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:41 pm

stmichael wrote:the kid is a work in progress. people have a go at him purely because of what he cost, plain and simple. and as for the crouchcomparison, would this be the crouch who didn't score in his first 15 games for us when he signed and was getting the same barbaric treatment from fans? the way fans just expect finished articles these days would have seen ian rush virtually written off aswell when he started his liverpool career pretty unspectacularly.

Exactly Michael.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:12 pm

As much as I am critical about Andy, nope I don't think Crouch is a better target man. Crouch maybe a better player at the moment because of his experience (and he is good at using his brain) but in terms of potential and raw physical attributes, Andy is in another league to Crouch. Crouch is better than Andy in ball control and he also possesses a good touch but Andy's physical presence and heading ability is way better than Crouch. Given the time and space, Andy's left foot is almost unstoppable. That said, Andy needs to use his brain, try to learn from experienced players and play his guts out for this club and always strife to improve. If his head is not in the right place, he's not gonna get anywhere with his career.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion