Crouch coming to anfield? - Deal close?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:39 pm

bigmick wrote:young Irish fella upfront whose name also escapes me,

Steven Elliott.

Not exactly top class, but he's energetic and knows where the goal is. One of the (admittedly many) reasons Sunderland have struggled is because he has been injured.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:43 pm

bigmick wrote:I've seen Whitehead a couple of times and am going to go out on a limb here, I don't think he's good enough. As JBG says, he's one of Sunderlands better players (though Arca looks the best by a distance to me) but he's no Tim Cahill or Dawson (you'll notice I can't remember his first name) waiting to happen IMHO. I've no doubt that when Sunderland are relegated the vultures will circle and along with Arca and the young Irish fella upfront whose name also escapes me, Whitehead will stay in the Premiership. My hunch is though that he will be better off at Bolton or somewhere similar.
Having said all of that the speculation is sustained which is normally what haoppens when rafa signs a British player (Crouch and Carson being examples).

On the question Of Robert Earnshaw, unlike Brian Robson I remain absolutely convinced that he will score goals regularly in the Premiership when he finally exrtracates himself from the Hawthorns. His goalscoring record in the top division is excellent and it will remain so. It is worth remembering that when I first touted him and Damien Francis to hoots of derision, it was on the back of the Liverpool board releasing data which suggested that our transfer budget was to be miniscule over the next couple of seasons. Fortunately that proved not to be the case so while I still think both are good players, we can buy better. I love the ribbing though JBG and like Stu am proud of my player picking ability. In point of fact, in a moment I'm not particularly proud of I visited the Manure forum with all the other renegades. I actually touted Earnshaw as a possible replacement should Van Nistelroy jump ship    :D . There were no replies so I can only assume they're still considereing their response.

On that forum they were talking about Dexter Blackstock... :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:27 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Please God NO.

Can we do a straw poll here please?

How many of you would like to see Peter Crouch playing for us.

From me it is a NO.

I hang my hed in shame, although I was not derogatory, just expressed a personal preference.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:07 pm

least you expressed your opinion leon, i got splinters from sitting on the fence.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion