Crouch coming to anfield? - Deal close?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby <-alonso-> » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:02 pm

take a look at the first page, we shoudl do all of 'em  in! they were SO wrong its unbeleivable
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:Crouch is not coming to anfield people!

if he does, i'll eat my cat

feck, ive got to find a cat to eat... or go out tonite and find some nice pu...............
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:21 pm

dawson99 wrote:

feck, ive got to find a cat to eat... or go out tonite and find some nice pu...............

Yeah, I noticed that as well.  :D

I was 100% wrong.

Fair play to BigMick and Stu for spotting what a lot of us didn't.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:45 pm

Told you many times young JBG....

I can spot a player. :;):

To be fair i could see how good he was, i thought 7m was steep, to be fair he's probably worth about that now, but at the time he hadn't done enough to earn the price tag... My main concern though was how he'd fit into the side, i had not seen his sort of player live on a regular basis i didn't realise he'd bring the best out of Gerrard and Kewell which makes us a more fluent team to watch.

With his back to goal he's excellent. Needs to improve his strengh still and learn how to spread the play better but he's getting there and his interplay is excellent.
115-1073096938

Postby stoney » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:48 pm

[quote="stu_the_red"]Told you many times young JBG....

Stu are you older than JBG or are you just trying to be patronising.  ???
Last edited by stoney on Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:54 pm

He's a breath of fresh air.

In fairness, I remember him playing for Southampton last year and at times he played brilliantly, none more so than the game against us at their place. However, I always thought that he was a one trick pony, as his previous teams always humped the ball up to his head and for a man of his size, he's not as good in the air as he should be. I also felt that he could be indisciplined, and he got himself sent off a few times in the past for some really stupid stuff.

Last summer I saw Crouch as a novelty player: picked for his height alone and for some strange reason, fluked his way to the top level.

However, he has proven me wrong. Good attitude, good workrate, good at holding up the ball. Interplay with the midfielders is excellent, although still hasn't learned to play with any of the other forwards at the club (actually, in fairness, it is the other forwards who have failed to learn to play with him) in that Crouch and Cisse often go for the same ball, or Cisse doesn't make a run for a drop off from Crouch.

One of the main reasons we are significantly better this year is Peter Crouch.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:55 pm

He's well older than me stoney. :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:55 pm

stoney wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Told you many times young JBG....

No, I think I'm 6 or 7 years older than Stu. Probably about 20 years older mentally.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:57 pm

JBG wrote:
stoney wrote:

No, I think I'm 6 or 7 years older than Stu. Probably about 20 years older mentally.  :D

Grandad!!  :D
115-1073096938

Postby stoney » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:59 pm

JBG wrote:
stoney wrote:

I see, that will explain it then  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:05 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
JBG wrote:
stoney wrote:

Grandad!!  :D

No, granny.  :p

Nyway, back to topic (better practice what I preach!). Crouch has proved me and all the rest of his doubters wrong.

Still don't rate Robbie Earnshaw as a potential Liverpool player, BigMick.

We have been strongly linked to Whitehead of Sunderland again today in the papers. I don't know a huge amount about him. I remember him scoring a few times from midfield for Sunderland last season and he has looked one of the better players in a shockingly bad Mackems team. Could Whitehead (or for that matter, Bullard) be Rafa's new shock signing in the summer?

Speaking of Sunderland, Le Tallec scored for them today in the cup. He has been in and out of their team. I've been trying to follow his as closely as I can this season. He has had a few whinges at Mick McCarthy but despite that, he's knocked in a couple.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:12 pm

I noticed Whitehead a while ago, looks a decent player, I thought about mentioning him on here before i mentioned Bullard but i think i mentioned the better of the two players by a distance.

Whitehead to me lacks the physical side of the game Bullard has. Whitehead clearly has a football brain and technical ability, i've seen that with one two movements, passes and touces he's shown, he's playing in a poor side at the moment though and i think its making him look far worse than he is. If he was in a good side with players on his wavelength his movement etc would improve.

Still, i'd prefere Bullard.
115-1073096938

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:49 am

I've seen Whitehead a couple of times and am going to go out on a limb here, I don't think he's good enough. As JBG says, he's one of Sunderlands better players (though Arca looks the best by a distance to me) but he's no Tim Cahill or Dawson (you'll notice I can't remember his first name) waiting to happen IMHO. I've no doubt that when Sunderland are relegated the vultures will circle and along with Arca and the young Irish fella upfront whose name also escapes me, Whitehead will stay in the Premiership. My hunch is though that he will be better off at Bolton or somewhere similar.
Having said all of that the speculation is sustained which is normally what haoppens when rafa signs a British player (Crouch and Carson being examples).

On the question Of Robert Earnshaw, unlike Brian Robson I remain absolutely convinced that he will score goals regularly in the Premiership when he finally exrtracates himself from the Hawthorns. His goalscoring record in the top division is excellent and it will remain so. It is worth remembering that when I first touted him and Damien Francis to hoots of derision, it was on the back of the Liverpool board releasing data which suggested that our transfer budget was to be miniscule over the next couple of seasons. Fortunately that proved not to be the case so while I still think both are good players, we can buy better. I love the ribbing though JBG and like Stu am proud of my player picking ability. In point of fact, in a moment I'm not particularly proud of I visited the Manure forum with all the other renegades. I actually touted Earnshaw as a possible replacement should Van Nistelroy jump ship    :D . There were no replies so I can only assume they're still considereing their response.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:11 pm

:laugh:  did you then dawson?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:23 pm

yes, ate some cat new years eve :p

and altho i was wrong about crouch, he still reminds me of carlton palmer
Last edited by dawson99 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion