Crouch coming to anfield? - Deal close?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:06 pm

thomas88 wrote:YES.OF course.

He DID score 16 for Southampton.If he is in Liverpool with better midfielders as assistants,how many more can he score?

James Beattie anyone?

In all honesty, I think that one good season does not make a player worth £6m. Lest we forget that Crouch previously drifted in and out of Norwich, Pompey Villa and Southampton before establishing himself as firts choice (albeit more like only choice!) in the Saints ranks.

Maybe Rafa see's him as the alternative for away league fixtures next season, I can see the logic in that, however I think that only  if he scores a fair few goals in the Championship next season I would consider it, but right now I just do not see him as an alternative.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:20 pm

thomas88 wrote:Ok,start getting disappointed.Southampton has increased the bid to 7 million.

£7m?

so peter crouch is now worth more than fernando morientes. ???

the mind boggles. :help
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 116-1104673748 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:23 pm

stmichael wrote:
thomas88 wrote:Ok,start getting disappointed.Southampton has increased the bid to 7 million.

£7m?

so by this logic, peter crouch is now officially a better player who is also worth more than fernando morientes. ???

the mind boggles. :help

No.By this logic,he becomes overrated but still worth more than Morientes.The mind unboggles.In this situation,I say drop Crouch and focus on Luque.
116-1104673748

Postby neil » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:25 pm

crouch is poo !
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:05 pm

3 words. ( he is poo ) knowin my luck he will sign and score 30+ goals  :Oo:
kopite_1232002

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:26 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:James Beattie anyone?

In all honesty, I think that one good season does not make a player worth £6m. Lest we forget that Crouch previously drifted in and out of Norwich, Pompey Villa and Southampton before establishing himself as firts choice (albeit more like only choice!) in the Saints ranks.

Maybe Rafa see's him as the alternative for away league fixtures next season, I can see the logic in that, however I think that only  if he scores a fair few goals in the Championship next season I would consider it, but right now I just do not see him as an alternative.

Leon - I think Crouch has got more about him than Beattie. Beattie is dominant in the air and has a good shot on him but he's got lead feet and his 2nd touch is a sliding tackle. He also looked absolutely out of his depth in an England shirt (i would be very very surprised if he ever plays for the national team again)

while i'm not saying one game for England is the absolute measuring stick, players who don't have the class stand out a bloody mile when they put on that England jersey (ala Beattie + Johnson is not an international player for me). Crouch looked the part against Columbia (not the best national team out there but still no mugs) the other day - He led the line, won his headers (as you'd expect), held the ball up, brought others into play, set up a goal, dropped deep and found space (which isn't easy at international level) when he needed to.

As for the price - 5 mill i can live with. Anymore, i agree is stupid. We all know its coz he's English - It's crazy.

Lowe will sell him for a little over 5 mill. It won't matter what Rednapp says about it.

PS. All you idiots who just come on and say 'Crouch is shi.t' - Why don't you actually back that up? Why is he sh'it?

The 'discussion' bit in 'Liverpool Discussion Forum' actually stands for discussion you know?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:34 pm

it surprises me when people go on about crouch being great in the air because when i've seen him i don't think that is his strength at all. for a big guy you may see him win the majority of flick on's but he hardly ever scores with his head.

i suppose he would offer an alternative in the same way as duncan ferguson offered everton a different option in the last 20 minutes of games. however crouch has about 10 times more skill than big drunk so bringing him on would not mean us just hoofing the ball up to him.

i just can't see us paying £7m for him. surely rafa has something up his sleeve that would represent a much better deal in the long term.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby banana » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:37 pm

Crouch is not a bad player. He has definately a lot to offer on deadballs. And he will win 99% of all headers. I am pretty sure he can bag a lot of goals if we can put in some decent crosses. On the other hand Crouch has his limitations. He will not be able to dribble past any defender or do magic tricks with his feet. For me Crouch could be a real asset for LFC coming off the bench. He is the perfect substitute to throw in if we are a goal behind and need to catch up.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:55 pm

Buying Crouch means relegating FSP to a 4th choice striker. Mellor and Baros most probably leaving.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:07 pm

I don't understand why Rafa would be interested in him, ok he may be a bad player but he isn't a quality player and thats what Liverpool need, if we signed him for £2.5m then I wouldn't be ar5ed but £7m for a player who has had one good season is steap! :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:22 pm

He would be ok as an option from the bench, at 5mil I didn't think he was worth it though, and 7mil is just taking the pi.ss.

I am also confused by people who go on about him being dominant in the air.  He's not.  He uses his height well to shield the ball and bring others into play, but he's not got a great leap and you don't score many headers by not jumping even if you are 6'7''
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:01 pm

7 million?? no way...he's not worth it...move on and try to bring someone else in
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:01 pm

god pllllzzzz get kuyt, i'm not saying crouch is :censored: but kuyt is much much much much better and i wouldn't be too bothere if we had to pay 4 million extra for a good striker.
coolsobs

Postby parchpea » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:42 pm

I just want this Crouch thing to go away. Lord help us if this comes true. What a complete waste of money. The mind boggles  :sniffle
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Galactico » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:02 am

[Crouch is not a bad player. He has definately a lot to offer on deadballs. And he will win 99% of all headers. I am pretty sure he can bag a lot of goals if we can put in some decent crosses. On the other hand Crouch has his limitations. He will not be able to dribble past any defender or do magic tricks with his feet. For me Crouch could be a real asset for LFC coming off the bench. He is the perfect substitute to throw in if we are a goal behind and need to catch up.

..........Really?-Bloody hell if that was the case i pressume were gonna have stiff competition from all Europes big guns!!
Come on if United were linked with it would almost be as funny as the whole Glazer takeover....seriously he's had an average season for soton 16 goals fair play. Fair play to Michael Stewart (Ipswich)-he was class? ??? Lets not forget Kevin Phillips better than Ronaldo???

Who ever is supporting Crouch get back to your own forums...No seriously!!!!!!!

GOOD against Colombia....please he was very average against a country who WERE class (Valderamma, Rincon Asprilla etc) back in 94, bloody hell poland were world beaters in the 70's Colombia are dump losing to the likes of VENEZUELA at HOME!!!!!

Overall we sign crouch..... chelsea eto'o, Pizarro, ronaldinho-maybe? ?????

......... sure next season that prem point total will be next to nothing? ???? ???

If we sell baros for 7-8 mil and spend that on Crouch in my eyes we've thrown, binned, burn't around 15mil-Simple!
Galactico

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion