Could we go down? - Are we gonna fight relegation?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 am

we could go down because we have a poor manager and other then 3 superstars all the rest are relegation form team players. If in another thread someone said we are worth 6th position i beg to differ. 6-7 out of the starting 11 are no better nor worse then the poorest team players in the premiership.

On the other hand we do have Gerrard ,Torres and Reina...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:01 am

Thommo's perm wrote:This "away form" is wrecking my Fu*king head
Did Hodgson tell Torres to miss that sitter? Or Gerrard to miss the pen?
Did he tell Johnson to play like a shi'thouse tw@t and the greek to be turned like a pensioner?
Hodgson aside, could we not have played better/been more ruthless and won the game?

Away form under a season tells how the manager is doing.
A missed chance or a missed penalty are incidents which over a full season evens itself out.

If you win 2 away over a full season it says all about the manager and little about the team if the team wins many more at home.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby TarnRed » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:23 am

Leeds Utd went down with a team that consisted of Paul Robinson, Gary Kelly, Ian Harte, Lucas Radebe, Domonic Matteo, Eirik Bakke, David Batty, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Jermaine Pennant, Mark Viduka and Alan Smith.

Newcastle Utd went down with a team that consisted of Shay Given, Jose Enrique, Fabricio Collocini, Sebastien Bassong, Kevin Nolan, Charles N'Zogbia, Jonas Gutierrez, James Milner, Damien Duff, Geremi, Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins and so on.

Could we go down?. Damn :censored: right we could.
TarnRed

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:28 am

Our form isnt exactly outstanding with defeats to Wolves and Blackpool - we have lost 9 games in have a season - carry on that sort of form and yes we can go down
Benny The Noon

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 pm

yes we could go down, even with a new manager we could go down, we need new players.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Penguins wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:This "away form" is wrecking my Fu*king head
Did Hodgson tell Torres to miss that sitter? Or Gerrard to miss the pen?
Did he tell Johnson to play like a shi'thouse tw@t and the greek to be turned like a pensioner?
Hodgson aside, could we not have played better/been more ruthless and won the game?

Away form under a season tells how the manager is doing.
A missed chance or a missed penalty are incidents which over a full season evens itself out.

If you win 2 away over a full season it says all about the manager and little about the team if the team wins many more at home.

You are not answering my question
I know what the results say about the manager and inevitably the buck stops with him.
What I dont know is whether hes telling them to do the things they do. i.e. play badly. If he is, then why dont they just ignore him?
Thommo's perm

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Obviously he's not telling the players to play sh!te, but even if Gerrard scored that pen we were getting beat Thommo. It's all ifs and buts, fact of the matter is, away from home, Roy is sh!t, regardless of any other factor. He cannot play football away from home. We've been battered away enough tmies now to know that Roy's instructions are quite clearly the wrong ones
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:51 pm

said that from the beginning about roy not being up to it, but got lambasted (by lee j et al), others got warning cards for saying he wasnt good enough

rest my case
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion