Concentrate on league form/link to guti? - Boss rubbishes reports

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ALONSO_14 » Fri May 06, 2005 4:27 pm

RAFA RUBBISHES GUTI LINK
Paul Eaton 06 May 2005 
  Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has rubbished reports from Spain that the Reds will look to bring Real Madrid ace Guti to Anfield in the summer in exchange for Steven Gerrard. 
The reports suggest Madrid are poised to make a 20 million pound bid for the Liverpool skipper and also include Guti as part of the deal.

But Benitez insists he remains determined to keep Gerrard at Anfield and has revealed he has no desire to sign the Spanish midfielder.

He said: "The situation with Steven remains the same. He has two more years to run on his contract and we want him to stay.

"I have read reports from Spain today that we will sell him to Madrid if they give us Guti. That is not true. Guti is a good player but we do not want him."

Wouldnt be interested in this player ever, have never seen him as someone who could play for us.

Encouraging words from rafa, just like i was sayin that now we can concentrate on league form and try and get 4th in our last chance.

RAFA: TIME TO CONCENTRATE ON THE LEAGUE
Paul Eaton 06 May 2005 
  Rafael Benitez has told his players to forget about the Champions League final and concentrate on trying to break into the top four over the next two games. 
The Reds visit Arsenal on Sunday and entertain Aston Villa next weekend before the focus can turn to the trip to Istanbul.

Benitez knows his players may need to win both games to stand a chance of winning the race for fourth, and he insists he won't allow any thoughts of the final to affect the remainder of their league campaign.

"The games against Arsenal and Aston Villa are now our most important fixtures, not the final," said Benitez. "It's going to be difficult against Arsenal, but we have two games to get into the top four and then we'll have 10 days to prepare for the final.

"I've told the players not to think about the final until after these two games. We must be concentrating on the league.

"If we win our last two games we could be in the top four and then we'll be even happier before we go to Istanbul.

"To win trophies in the future means playing to a high level in every game, not just in Europe. We can't think it's okay to come fifth just because we've reached the final. We must try to finish in the top four. If we win both our games, it's possible."

The Liverpool squad trained at Melwood today after enjoying two days off following their magnificent victory over Chelsea.
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri May 06, 2005 5:45 pm

For a start the rumour is rubbish

Secondly Gutti is an absolute ponce who struggles with the physical side of the game even in spain.  He would be rubbish in England.  He's probably the last real madrid player I'd want
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Fri May 06, 2005 6:01 pm

yeah i know the rumour is rubbish and i have always hated guti and never seen anything in him at all he has nothing as a player, i doubt we would ever want him, just thought i would post it and show how benitez in now concentrating on the league form just as i said we should
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat May 07, 2005 4:18 am

i reckon Figo might come as a deal..... he stated he wanted to come to Liverpool just before..
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion