Cold and miserable - Enough is enough

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby oldredeyes » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:20 pm

I sat watching the game at Anfield last night with my body freezing and hoping for some action to warm it up - it never came until the final three minutes when it suddenly dawned on the team that we are supposed to win the home tie in a two legged match. I should have been prepared because GH had already stated that his priority was not to concede a goal at Anfield - what!
I remember when our priority was to go out and score as many goals as possible in the first game, thus rendering the return leg a mere formality.
But that was in the days when we had a manager who was not frightened of the opposition.
Liverpool continue to make mediocre teams look good.
Their game plan was effective - we didn't have one!
Excuses are piling up and becoming boring. Liverpool fans were numbed into silence and it was little wonder when you saw what was on offer last night.
No skill, no fight, no plan, no idea.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:25 pm

no f##king passion!!!!!!!!
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby big al » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:46 pm

I was interested to read that Wenger got the boot from Monaco and now look at what he's acheiving so I sussed it, Lets Sack Houllier for his own good! sent him to Bocca Juniors and hey presto bobs your uncle he'll be f##king outstanding in Argentina.  Far enough away not to do us damage.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:00 pm

We had better get used to it cos, it will be the same on sunday against the saints...we might just come away with a point?....if lucky!! unless gh tells em, to go out there and destroy them!!..but knowing gh he will adopt a safety first attitude, whereby if we do score first then he will want everyone back behind the ball!!...and if we go a goal down...then start praying cos he aint got a plan "b"? :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion