Clear out - This summer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:28 pm

I think we could be losing up to 10 first team players this summer and some big names as well.

Intandje, Finnan, Agger, Riise, Kewell, Pennant, Alonso, Crouch, Voronin, Carson.

Before people jump on me back, the reason Daniel Agger is in there is because I heard recently on a local radio show that he has fell out of favour with Rafa Benitez because Agger is apparently not doing as he's told to help with this injury. He's not helping himself and that's why it's taking so long to recover from it.

Finnan I think will be moved on because I think he's had his day. Riise will be moved on as well for the same reason. Kewell is out of contract. Pennant doesn't seem to be flavour of the month with Benitez and may very well be shifted out in the summer. I just have a feeling Alonso will be moved on as well. Mascheranho and Gerrard are the first choice central midfielders (if we revert to 4-4-2.) and I don't see Alonso being happy on the bench. Crouch will be on his way, I'm almost certain of it, even I don't want it to happen. Voronin is useless and Benitez should be looking to get rid as quickly as possible. Carson will be off.

By the looks of things though, it won't be only be the playing staff that will be cleared out. Parry and Benitez are under pressure of losing their jobs. Hicks/Gillett could be losing their positions as could their respective sons and David Moores may well be "asked" to resign come the summer.

So this is certainly a clearing out summer for the club from top to bottom. The biggest worry for me though, is the story on Agger and if there is any truth in it.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Kukilon » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:13 pm

Not a chance in hell that Rafa will let Agger leave. Maybee for silly money from Real Madrid/Chelsea etc but thats it.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Red @ Heart » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:18 pm

id also be surprised to see Finnan and Alonso leave,,, finnan does a very good job in his position, hes so under rated its hard to beleive, and alonso well it would be suicidle to sell him on.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:23 pm

Red wrote:id also be surprised to see Finnan and Alonso leave,,, finnan does a very good job in his position, hes so under rated its hard to beleive, and alonso well it would be suicidle to sell him on.

Agreed.  So what if Alonso isn't starting?  Are we going for a 1 star bench?
SupitsJonF

Postby Effes » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:26 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:The biggest worry for me though, is the story on Agger and if there is any truth in it.

What's that then?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Red wrote:id also be surprised to see Finnan and Alonso leave,,, finnan does a very good job in his position, hes so under rated its hard to beleive, and alonso well it would be suicidle to sell him on.

Finnan was under-rated about three years ago, he's had his day simple as that, he's about 31 now anyway, hardly a great age for a full back.

And Agger out ......HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELF!
RedRoots

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:00 pm

Agree wtih all , i'd keep with finnan , agger and riise

No way i see agger going

Finnan will be a very good backup for injuries / rotation and same with riise :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:06 pm

there's no way benitez is going to clear out 10 players... at most 5 will leave... clearing out 10 is just suicidal...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:14 pm

I'd keep Agger who shouldnt even on the list whether he needs a talking to or not, and Finnan.

Alonso needs time to show he's not lost his touch, otherwise the others can go.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:42 pm

I don't want Agger to go. I'm one of his biggest fans, phrases such as "the world's greatest centre half" seem to show my trust in the young centre half, but it's something I heard and apparently Benitez isn't to chuffed with Agger right now.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Thingy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:08 pm

All the players you mentioned GBJH apart from Agger and Crouch I think is reasonable to let go. Should bring in quite a bit of money too. Could get up to 30 million. Maybe 40 if Crouch goes.
Thingy

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:24 pm

I think a lot depends on what happens with the ownership of the club. If DIC take over we could well see around 10 players leave. If the two t0ssers remain in charge I think we will see less changes.

Certainly we do need to offload some players if we are to bring in some top quality ones.

Carson, Pennant, Voronin and Intandje should go, Crouch, Finnan, Alonso,Riise,Kuyt and Benayoun may go, and Kewell seems to have already gone.

Thats a huge clearout but I would only be thinking of 3 possibly 4 TOP QUALITY replacements with a few reserves coming into the equation to make up the numbers

A new right back, a winger( possibly 2) and a creative second striker supplimented by 2 or 3 promotions from the reserve team.

The problem being that if we don't make a challenge for the title AGAIN, the new excuse will be that it will take them a season to adjust etc etc after so many changes.
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:31 pm

Starting threads for starting threads sake if you ask me.

If you think that at this point, ten players going is what we need then your an idiot.

Locked unless someone can give me a good reason it should be opened up again.

Agger and Alonso For Fuc.ks Sake !!
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion