Cl striker baros vs cisse - Who would you start and why!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Erica » Sat May 14, 2005 10:45 am

I just cannot make up my mind about this dilemma. Rafa will have to decide who is fitter for the occasion. :shifty
Erica

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 14, 2005 10:49 am

Cisse and have Baros as a sub
Last edited by lakes10 on Sat May 14, 2005 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mike72 » Sat May 14, 2005 10:53 am

Go with what has got us this far...Baros to start and pull their defence all over the place, and then Cisse to come on when their defenders are tired and run at them.
mike72

Postby simic_ie » Sat May 14, 2005 11:19 am

If Milan is put on the bench for this he'll have a canary :D
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Sat May 14, 2005 11:28 am

mike72 wrote:Go with what has got us this far...Baros to start and pull their defence all over the place, and then Cisse to come on when their defenders are tired and run at them.

Good shout Mike, can't help thinking though that Baros' head just doesn't seem to be in the right place at the moment. his confidence is low and he couldn't hit a cow's :censored: with a banjo. On the flipside of that Cisse is looking increasingly sharp an his hunger has impressed me immencely. I think for me, although risky Cisse would have the edge.

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Sat May 14, 2005 11:58 am

Yes Milan will probably go insane if he isn't on the field. I'll go for Baros, he has got bags of energy and will keep the AC Milan defense running all night. Baros plays on instinct and hopefully his instincts will be at their peak on May 25. If he is on the bench he'll probably leave in the summer.
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby RedRoots » Sat May 14, 2005 1:52 pm

So we should be afraid to bench him in case he leaves? he's not good enough to hold us to ransom. We'll see how Lord Djibril plays tomorrow, if he plays well and looks match fit(and scores) I can see him starting against Milan.
RedRoots

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat May 14, 2005 2:11 pm

Cisse.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sat May 14, 2005 5:02 pm

Very difficult descision for the boss. I'm really not sure which way he will go. I think we can safely say he won't start with both players. This game is likely to be very cagey from start to finish although i must admit that sort of game will suit them better.

The argument for Baros - He has performed well in virtually every Champ League so far - Will run his :censored: off for the team - Runs the channels brillianly which frees up space for the likes of Garcia and Gerrard in the centre - Does a good job closing down defenders - Does a good job winning long balls & NEVER hides no matter how many times he misses.

The argument against Baros - Comments this week will have :censored: off his team-mates and the manager - Selfish bugger - A bit of a headless chicken sometimes - Runs out of gas after 60 minutes - Bit of a one trick poney - Can't head for toffee - Not particularly quick.

The argument for Cisse - Pace scares defenders to death - Milan's backline will have to play deeper if he's plays - Makes us far more dangerous on the counter-attack - Offers a bit more physical presence - Good link up play - Intelligent - can head a ball better then Milan - footballer - Looking a lot sharper - I'll say it again - Raw pace

The argument against Cisse - Probably only good for 60 minutes - Not the worlds greatest touch - Gets caught offside too often - Not as unpredictable as Baros - Needs to learn that defense starts with your strikers - May be more effective coming on as a sub when there are more tired legs on the pitch.

I don't think Rafa has made up his mind just yet. Baros has done well in the Champs league this year even if he hasn't been scoring but the manager must be absolutely bewildered by his recent comments in the press. Cisse looked the part when he came on against Arsenal and did a great job leading the line. I think he's on trial tommorow. I would not be surprised if Cisse was given 75+ minutes against Villa tomorrow.

Personally I think i would like to see Cisse start against Milan (i miahgt change my mind again tomorrow). However i am a little concerned that Milan's fragile mental state and massive ego might leave us with a player who is not fit to contribute should Cisse get the start.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Sat May 14, 2005 5:40 pm

I wud like to see Cisse upfront and Milan plays behind him as a free role player. Free to roam around. Both of them are fast. But Milan had been on the other mood lately....
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 14, 2005 7:10 pm

est1900 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Slow Milan defence?

Have you ever actually watched Milan play? ???

Nesta, Stam, Maldini and Cafu are all over 29, but the last thing ANY of them is is slow.

Get a clue.

I tell You something:
Nesta really suffer against football player as Baros and Kewell. I remember when  Kewell was playing with Leeds, what a umiliation he gave to Nesta (SS LAZIO).
So I would like to win or with BAROS-CISSE' or 

KEWELL-BAROS-CISSE.

I'll tell you something, your english is rubbish, Nesta will mark Baros tightly which means Baros won't have time to turn meaning he'll be useless and Kewell isn't the same player as he was at Leeds.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Sat May 14, 2005 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat May 14, 2005 7:21 pm

rank of strikers:

1. morientes
2. cisse
3. garcia (i know he's not put as a pure striker so far)
4. baros
5. pongolle

it's rafa's homework to switch no 1 & 2 on the right track before they can perform to their actual capability
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kullinger » Sat May 14, 2005 9:34 pm

can't say morientes is the best how many goals did he score this season?
kullinger

Postby joependo » Sat May 14, 2005 9:42 pm

I'd pick Cisse if he plays gud 2morrow.But i wud stil put him on his pace will burn Nesta and stam maybe not cafu or maldi becos der fast.
joependo

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat May 14, 2005 11:06 pm

To be honest, I wonder if we'll see them both start tomorrow. Not beyond the realms of possibility to play Garcia off Baros, with Cisse filling in on the problematic right, although the other way round is more obvious.

With Alonso and Gerrard in the middle, we'd be able to hit them for 60 mins going for goals, but then Garcia could make way for Hamann if we had enough of a lead so we could keep it tight for the last 30.
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion