Cl - Finances?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roma 84 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:53 pm

If.. God forbid we dont claim 4th spot. (I have full confidence if we can win our next two league games and get the injured players back for the run in we will be ok).
But if the worst happens- it will serious dent rafas muscle in the market during summer. What kinda turnover would LFC make considering our run in the Champions League so far. Can we still look forward to a decent kitty whatever the outcome (considering stevie stays).
Roma 84

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:43 pm

i'm sure the board have thought about this and have plans in place.  Obviously if we don't qualify we won't have as much to spend, but i can't see us having to sell players because of it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:01 pm

Board aint gonna d ******, aal we'll hear about are pre-meditated public meeting with buyers that wont turn to nothin.

I thinks ts about time Pa Boswell use some of his own cash and help the manager instead of making too much on CL pressures, whihc ultimately harm the Squad inn stead of uniting them, as the last two seasons have proved.
109-1093441336

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:08 pm

it would be more of a disaster in terms of keeping the players we already have at the club. with a fully fit squad we`d give anyone a game with a fit gerrard, alonso, morientes and cisse.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:34 pm

it would be more of a disaster in terms of keeping the players we already have at the club. with a fully fit squad we`d give anyone a game with a fit gerrard, alonso, morientes and cisse.

and Kewell!

(im keeping the faith he's injuired and will be back next season good as new) :upside:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:32 pm

If we had Alonso, Cisse and a fit Kewell, we'd be topping the tables
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:43 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:If we had Alonso, Cisse and a fit Kewell, we'd be topping the tables

wouldnt go that far but wew would certainly be in the reckoning and much closer to chelsea than the margin now suggests,
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:48 pm

Fans often talk of players not wanting to join Liverpool if we don't make the CL. In football there are no guarantees and sometimes we forget the big draw that Rafa Benitez is. After all Morientes chopse to come to Liverpool with no guarantee of CL football next season.

If we don't make 4th and a CL spot and there are players wanting out then so be it. I'd rather have those that wish to play for Liverpoool first  and not mercenaries looking for a bigger meal ticket elsewhere !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:59 pm

Missing out on the CL won't be that much of a disaster.

We'll still get some money from the UEFA cup. We'd have considerably more money if the club weren't obsessed with building a new stadium.

This "fifteen million" for the CL only really applies to getting through the group stages. I doubt Everton will even get through the qualifying round.

I agree with the above post by Dalglish. Missing out on the CL seperates the mercenaries from the players who really just want regular first team places for Liverpool.

Remember, Leeds United didn't get into their financial crisis by simply missing out on the CL. They caused their own troubles by taking out huge loans for players and counting on CL entry to cover the debts. Poor financial decisions destroyed Leeds, not missing out on the CL.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion