CL 1ST GROUP STAGE DRAW - bordeaux, galatasaray and PSV

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:04 pm

i'm tempted to move this to advanced debate to stop all these muppets posting.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:05 pm

stmichael wrote:i'm tempted to move this to advanced debate to stop all these muppets posting.

good idea, it might be worth doing.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DuzceLee » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:14 pm

i wellcome every fan who is going to come to turkey. u can be in peace here.. turks are i mean us!! polite unless they insult us.. they insult our flag.. or country.. anyway i have sth to tell liv. fans here.. yeah i dont know what u think about fenerbahce fans here.. gala and liverpool fans has always been in a good and close relation.. there was some pics my friend got in CL final in istanbul.. gs fans and liverpool fans are cheering together.. anyway.. in turkey our fans.. ultrAslan.. has identified with liverpool fans ..on the other hand fenerbahce fans are who are our most BRUISED rivals have identified with everton fans ;).. u can research for it.. i just want to say that we ahave been in good relations with liverpool fans it has been in a good way since we first met u!! and is going to be the same forever.. i have a favor .. just dont take this BRUISED group serious.. i ll attach pics if i can find them.. sincerely... :;):
NKFVAS!!!!
Tek Vücut Olup Sonuna Kadar Yürüyedur GALATASARAY!!!!
DuzceLee

Postby taff » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:20 pm

:D

Oooh you say the cheekiest things
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:25 pm

since1907 wrote:öcalanın resmini kopyalayın sizin elebasınız köpekler

Ocalan resnimu hurdygurdy hullaballoo  :p
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:25 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
stmichael wrote:i'm tempted to move this to advanced debate to stop all these muppets posting.

good idea, it might be worth doing.

Then i cant post  :D

Not that i want to
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Always_Galatasaray » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:31 pm

5-1 kupa finali elinize aldiniz kupayi :O  :O  :O
Last edited by Always_Galatasaray on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always_Galatasaray

Postby taff » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:33 pm

3-1 supercalifragilcious
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Olai » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:45 pm

Hello from Eindhoven..
It's a tough group over here, Bordeaux can be a real shocker this year I think, and Liverpool doesn't need explanations. Galatasaray got a young team over there, but got a intimidating atmosphere in there homegame. But I reckon both our teams experienced enough to cope with that. We've got a good solid base with Gomes, Alex, Simons and Cocu. Damn, I just remember that Cocu will be suspended due to an red card. That should make your chances bigger in our homegame. And we got Farfan who's a great player, should join a topclub next season. At least we don't play as naiev as Ajax. But I see definitely chances in this group, allthough I think anyone can beat anyone.

I'm really looking forward to our game, I hope you won't underestimate us. We've got a solid team, but we're still waiting for a good replacement of Vennegoor of Hesselink and maybe Kromkamp. I think it's going to be two great and tense games. I will be there for sure! Good luck in your league and hope to see you around the 12th.

Well, I'm really stuck with a question here hope you guys can help me out. We're looking to sign Kromkamp but will Liverpool still accept a bid from PSV Eindhoven when we play in the same group? Is this Neill coming from Blackburn and will he 'replace' Kromkamp?
Olai

Postby The_Rock » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:47 pm

Can't be bothered to read 27 pages...so here's my take.

This ain't a easy group...if u want an easy group...take a look at the manure group (how many times do they have easy draw).....

But we are gonna win the champions league we have to beat the best teams...so why not start in the group stage...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:10 pm

Always_Galatasaray wrote:The FIRST and ONLY team that has won the every cup it competed for

GALATASARAY ;

The FIRST EVER Turkish football team founded (1905)
The FIRST EVER Turkish team that raised to the first place in the world ranking.
The FIRST EVER team that took the State Eminent Services medal.

The FIRST and ONLY Turkish team that won the UEFA Cup undefeated.
RECORD - HOLDING number of winning most championship cups in Turkey (it has 15 championship cups).

The FIRST team that has received three stars.
The FIRST champion of the Turkish Super League.

The FIRST and ONLY Turkish team that represented Europe in Clubs World Championships.
The FIRST and ONLY Turkish team that reached to the quarterfinals of the Champions League.

The FIRST team that won the Istanbul Championship. (1907-1908)
The FIRST EVER Turkish team that won a victory abroad.(1911)
The FIRST EVER football team that represented Turkey abroad. (1911)

The FIRST EVER Turkish team that participated in Champions League.
The FIRST and ONLY team in Europe that won the UEFA Cup undefeated.
The FIRST and ONLY team in Balkans that has received the UEFA Cup.
The ONLY Turkish team that went undefeated in MOST international matches in its home soil - 20 times

The FIRST and ONLY Turkish team that won the UEFA Cup (once).
The FIRST and ONLY Turkish team that became European Champions.
The FIRST and ONLY Turkish team that won the Super Cup (once).

The FIRST Turkish team that got an web site.
The FIRST Turkish team that beat the Spanish in their home.
The FIRST Turkish team that eliminated the Spanish.
The FIRST Turkish team that eliminated two Italian teams in one season (Milan-Bologna).
The FIRST Turkish team that eliminated two English teams in one season (Leeds-Arsenal)
The ONLY Turkish team that has more victories than its defeats in European Cups.

The FIRST team that has finished the Turkish First Division undefeated (1985-86).
RECORD - HOLDING number of consecutive championship titles (four times).
RECORD - HOLDING number of championships won with Turkish coaches (nine times).
RECORD - HOLDING number of championship victories taken by the same footballers - Suat and Arif (eight times), Bülent (nine times).

RECORD - HOLDING number of playing the most European Cup matches in a single season (18 matches, including the Super Cup).

RECORD - HOLDING number of participating to the Champions League (six times).
RECORD - HOLDING number of getting points in Champions League among the Turkish teams (ten points).

RECORD - HOLDING number of winning the Turkish Sports Writers' Cup.
RECORD - HOLDING number of winning Turkish Cup (13 times).
RECORD - HOLDINGnumber of winning the President Cup (10 times).

RECORD - HOLDINGnumber of gathering point in European Cups in a single season (34 points in 17 matches).
RECORD - HOLDING number of victories in European Cups in a single season (11 victories, including the Super Cup).
RECORD - HOLDING number of goal scoring in European Cups in a single season (35 goals, including the Super Cup).
RECORD - HOLDING number of undefeated away matches (40 times).

RECORD - HOLDING number of playing matches in a single season (59 matches, including the Super Cup).
RECORD - HOLDING number of raising tours in European Cups.
RECORD - HOLDING number of matches played by a player in a single season (Hakan Şükür - 4697 minutes in 54 matches).
RECORD - HOLDING number of matches played in European Cups among the Turkish teams.
RECORD - HOLDING number of goal scoring in a single season in Turkish leagues (105 goals in the 1962 - 63 season).
RECORD - HOLDING number of winning official cups in Turkish leagues (56 cups).

First Goals in European Cups:

1st GOAL: Metin Oktay - 27.08.1956 (Galatasaray - Dinamo Bucharest: 1 - 3)
100th GOAL: Ugur Koken - 1.10.1969 (Galatasaray - Vatford: 2 - 3)
200th GOAL: Mirsad Seydic - 20.10.1982 (Galatasaray - Avusturya Wien: 2 - 4)
300th GOAL: Ugur Tutuneker - 4.11.1992 (Galatasaray - E. Frankfurt: 1 - 0)
500th GOAL: Tugay Kerimoglu - 5.11.1997 (Galatasaray - Sparta Prag: 2 - 0)
400th GOAL: Faruk Yigit - 13.7.1996 (Kocaeli - Hibernias)

Thank you, GALATASARAY !

Thank you, Fatih TERIM !

Thank you, players !

Thank you, managers !

Thank you, professional staff !

We are sure to live more "FIRSTS and MOSTS" in the future.

Thank you, for all "FIRSTS and MOSTS" that we may have forgotten...

It's all very well saying what you were the first at, but by your logic, Ugg the Caveman and wheel inventor must be a better driver than Michael Schumacher.

15 titles in a 3-team league that's about as competitive as an an egg and spoon race between two grannies and a pumpkin. It's hardly a massive achievement, especially when you yourself admit you were the first team to be formed. Did you play your wives for the first 14 titles? Was the 15th a closely-run battle with a last-day 1-point victory over your pet dogs?

Try this on for size, you freaking numpty:

18 league titles in the hardest league in the world.

5 European Cups. (How many have you got, you spanners?)

7 FA Cups. (The most coveted and famous of all domestic cup competitions)

7 League Cups.

14 Charity Shields.

3 UEFA Cups.

3 European Super Cups.

1 Super Cup.

Still want to wax lyrical about your "superiority"?

Now - don't let the door hit you on the a*se on your way out, gimp.

:rasp
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:12 pm

The_Rock wrote:This ain't a easy group...if u want an easy group...take a look at the manure group (how many times do they have easy draw).....

they said that last year. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby since1907 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:13 pm

you'll never walk alone liverpool 30 million fenerbahçe fans side to side
Last edited by supersub on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
since1907

Postby Yannou2pau » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:27 pm

Hi my English friends! My name's Yann, I'm from the south west of france and I'm a Bordeaux fan!
I'm really happy to be here and to know that my favourite team will play against such a team like Liverpool FC. Your victory two years ago was so fantastic! I like Steven Gerrard who is one of my favourite player in the world, and I have to reckon you will surely be the greatest team in our group. PSV and Galatasaray won't be easy to beat for us, but I'm sure we have a chance to be part of the 8th final of this competition.

Our team is based on a very good defense thanks to the french international goalkeeper Ulrich RAME, the central defenders Marc PLANUS, the portuguese BETO or the franco-tunisian david JEMMALI. on the sides of the defense, Franck JURIETTI and Julien FAUBERT are french internationals too.

One of the strenght of our team could be midfield thanks to our fantastic Rio MAVUBA who is the successor of Claude Makelele in the french team, FERNANDO or even Stephane DALMAT. We have also an ex Liverpool player Vladi SMICER and maybe one of the best n°10 in the world with Johan MICOUD.

Forward, Marouane CHAMAKH is a beautiful young player who plays for Marocco and other internationals too.

What a fantastic thing for me and for all Bordeaux fans to be back in Champion's League after 7 years in the UEFA cup (only)...i hope we'll make the world apreciate our football and regions!
See u guys!
ALLEZ BORDEAUX!
FC GIRONDINS DE BORDEAUX EN FORCE!

En route vers la Champion's League!
Yannou2pau

Postby Yannou2pau » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:30 pm

PS: Last years, the Brazilian DENILSON was playing for Bordeaux and we are trying to sign him for a longer contract, we don't know yet if he will play for Bordeaux next year or if he will stay without any contract.
ALLEZ BORDEAUX!
FC GIRONDINS DE BORDEAUX EN FORCE!

En route vers la Champion's League!
Yannou2pau

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion