Cisse..................... - Yet to prove it!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby morientes_gerrard » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:33 pm

I have read in a lot of posts people saying that Cisse is one of the players we can look forward to wearing the red shirt. How do you know this, I can accept his courage is next to none. To recover from his injury so quick is emmense.So that has proved to us his fitness levels.

He has also proved to us that he is here because he wants to wear the red shirt. I mean he said he would join whoever the manager at Liverpool, so it wasn't manager influence.

His pace you can see is amazing, but the one thing we bought him for 'goalscoring' has yet to be proved.

He scored on his debut and I thought great, he can actually score. Then he went something like nine games until scoring again. I know he needs time to adapt to the premiership and I have been hearing he has been impressive since returning. (Is this true?) 

I hope he comes good, what do you think?

Don't get me wrong I am not writing him off!
morientes_gerrard

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:39 pm

I have been hearing he has been impressive since returning. (Is this true?) 

To be honest he has only had 40 minutes of football since his injury and he has had one shot on goal out of it. When he comes on he seems to be being put on the right wing (isn't that the diouf treatment). I'm not expecting too much too soon. He was actually getting used to premiership football before his injury, I think we will see the real him next season.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:49 pm

morientes_gerrard wrote:I have read in a lot of posts people saying that Cisse is one of the players we can look forward to wearing the red shirt. How do you know this, I can accept his courage is next to none. To recover from his injury so quick is emmense.So that has proved to us his fitness levels.

He has also proved to us that he is here because he wants to wear the red shirt. I mean he said he would join whoever the manager at Liverpool, so it wasn't manager influence.

His pace you can see is amazing, but the one thing we bought him for 'goalscoring' has yet to be proved.

He scored on his debut and I thought great, he can actually score. Then he went something like nine games until scoring again. I know he needs time to adapt to the premiership and I have been hearing he has been impressive since returning. (Is this true?) 

I hope he comes good, what do you think?

Don't get me wrong I am not writing him off!

Yeah I have a similar opinion to yourself

Cisse has all the attributes to be a good player for us but he is still unproven IMO.  He will need time and I wouldn't expect him to be at his best until some time next season
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:23 pm

Cisse is a good player, you only have to see his record for Auxerre, the lad was starting to play better and then he got injured, it wasn't that he was playing bad before his injury but more that him and Baros couldn't play together :(

He will produce the good and he has a good attitude :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:40 pm

He hasn't impressed me. I would point though that the original post was wrong in that when GH was under pressure but likely to stay Cisse said that if GH was gone he'd have to think again (way of sucking up to GH). I said at time that if manager left it would make no difference as players look out for themselves (and right too).

I just don' see why so many fans raved about him before he joined, I mean £14m. Manu got Van Nistleroy for £18m and you know he'll score a bagfull every year.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:50 pm

Big Niall wrote:He hasn't impressed me. I would point though that the original post was wrong in that when GH was under pressure but likely to stay Cisse said that if GH was gone he'd have to think again (way of sucking up to GH). I said at time that if manager left it would make no difference as players look out for themselves (and right too).

I just don' see why so many fans raved about him before he joined, I mean £14m. Manu got Van Nistleroy for £18m and you know he'll score a bagfull every year.

your obviousley a Manure fan. Second time you've used Van horse head as an example.

I may be wrong but you don't have a good thing to say about LFC, do you?  You've even started 2 threads pulling the team to bits calling them heartless, calling some players "lazy fkkers", picking faults with all our strikers. We aint perfect but at the moment it's all we have, now get behind the team and lets hear you or fk off to manchester.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:58 pm

Lee J wrote:
Big Niall wrote:He hasn't impressed me. I would point though that the original post was wrong in that when GH was under pressure but likely to stay Cisse said that if GH was gone he'd have to think again (way of sucking up to GH). I said at time that if manager left it would make no difference as players look out for themselves (and right too).

your obviousley a Manure fan. Second time you've used Van horse head as an example.

I may be wrong but you don't have a good thing to say about LFC, do you?  You've even started 2 threads pulling the team to bits calling them heartless, calling some players "lazy fkkers", picking faults with all our strikers. We aint perfect but at the moment it's all we have, now get behind the team and lets hear you or fk off to manchester.

Lee, step back, take of the red coloured glasses, and look at the teams performances with objectivity.  I'm as loyal a supporter/fan of Liverpool as anyone, but I can see their weaknesses, central to which is a lack of winning attitude.  They lack a total committment, passion and fight, against the minnows of the Premiership - games they should be winning but don't.

Look at the performances against Juve and BL - the team was totally fired up.  I think we have a right to ask why they cannot raise their game against the likes of Palace and Southampton.  Though I would disagree with anyone who thought I didn't love Liverpool because of the questions I asked.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:00 pm

Like i said, we need a right blend of good british & foreign players.  It seems only carra is fired up every game. He was so fired up that he had to take 2 shots at the end of the game against palace.......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:45 pm

Thanks for defending my views Hawkmoon,

I don't see whats wrong with really rating a player who players for another club (Even Manu) after all, every player fans want signed is playing for somebody else - so what if I think Van Nistleroy is class, so is Henry, and cech, does that mean I am a closet Arsenal/chelsea fan?

If the players had as much rage as your e-mail we'd be flying it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:52 pm

Big Niall wrote:Thanks for defending my views Hawkmoon,

I don't see whats wrong with really rating a player who players for another club (Even Manu) after all, every player fans want signed is playing for somebody else - so what if I think Van Nistleroy is class, so is Henry, and cech, does that mean I am a closet Arsenal/chelsea fan?

If the players had as much rage as your e-mail we'd be flying it.

Yeah...I constantly state that we need a Keane type player as a captain, bossing the midfield - again doesn't make me a scum supporter!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:07 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:
Lee J wrote:

Lee, step back, take of the red coloured glasses, and look at the teams performances with objectivity.  I'm as loyal a supporter/fan of Liverpool as anyone, but I can see their weaknesses, central to which is a lack of winning attitude.  They lack a total committment, passion and fight, against the minnows of the Premiership - games they should be winning but don't.

Look at the performances against Juve and BL - the team was totally fired up.  I think we have a right to ask why they cannot raise their game against the likes of Palace and Southampton.  Though I would disagree with anyone who thought I didn't love Liverpool because of the questions I asked.

You are a hero mate.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:10 pm

bagful for horse everyyear? certainly not this year!
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:16 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
hawkmoon269 wrote:
Lee J wrote:

You are a hero mate.

Thx.... :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:40 pm

At the end of the day, he has done no worse than Morientes but I don't hear anyone complaining about him!

And Cissé has always been comitted in joining the Pool, he said he will definitely still be coming regardless of Houllier being there or not.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:47 am

So i hear what your saying about Cisse that earlier in the season he had something of a barren run.

But he has the best possible attitude he has blistering pace ,at the moment i dont think he has the best touch but with the mentality he has he would work hard in training to improve that .
And i believe he will start banging the goals in soon once he has settled.And could be the next Henry, he has it in his locker to be.
And also look at what Chelski paid for that donkey Drogba he aint nowhere as good as Cisse.,
66-1112520797

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion